★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: PRESS REVIEWS
Eurogamer [9/10] - absolutely tailor-made for touch-screen play
Slide To Play [4/4] - Piyo Blocks 2 is a near-flawless Match-3 title that tops the vast majority of its competition
148Apps [4/5] - Piyo Blocks 2 is a great game for anyone looking for a challenge
Pocket Gamer [8/10] - Piyo Blocks 2 manages to surprise and delight
Gamezebo [4/5] - Unlike much of the match-3 competition, Piyo Blocks 2 is a diversion you can sink into

Introducing Piyo Blocks 2, the magical match-em-up sequel to the iPhone original, Piyo Blocks. With all new retina graphics, new game modes, online multiplayer battles, and much, much more.

Match same coloured blocks to make them disappear, and capture the target number of blocks before the time runs out to level up. Make use of combos and power-ups to help match more and more glorious Piyo Blocks.

Now with six different single player modes, theres a mode to suit everyones style of play.
Piyo Mode - capture the target number of Piyos to level up
Hyaku Mode - capture 99 or more of any Piyo type to level up
Time Attack - 1,2, or 4 minute game, capture as many Piyos as you can
Three Second Mode - you have 3 seconds to make your next move!
Disco Mode - 2 minute game and the disco blocks keep changing colour
Endless Mode - play forever!

New to Piyo Blocks 2 is a two player battle mode, available online over Game Center, or locally via WiFi or Bluetooth. In a two battle, each combo you make adds to your Combo Bar. When the Combo Bar reaches different levels, you can unleash various attacks on your opponent. Whoever can survive the longest wins!

With Game Center integration, youll never have to leave the game to view your achievements and high scores.

Now updated to support Retina displays, the bright and colourful graphics look even more stunning in beautiful High Definition!

goiMot's comments:

07-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Huh, this looks like quite a bit of fun! Any idea if it is more than just a colorful match three? Anything set it apart from, say, Bejeweled?

Currently playing : NOVA 2, Real Racing 2, Jenga, Queen's Crown, NBA Jam

07-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Was just thinking about installing the original back on my iPod for a while. Never got particularly deep into it, but it was fun enough to warrant another run at some of the puzzles.
07-07-2010, 11:47 PM
doesnt seem to add much to the genre besides the online mode. But with only local multiplayer i dont know what I think
07-08-2010, 06:02 AM
@unbroken. I think Piyo offers some absolutely incredible pixel graphics, full of colour and cute characters.

Congrats on putting out this lovely sequel guys!

Invaders Must Die.
07-08-2010, 06:57 AM
Oooooh finaly, i have been waiting for this!
07-08-2010, 07:40 AM
I'm loving the game. Seems even smoother than Piyo Blocks 1.

Btw, how to disable turbo mode?
07-08-2010, 08:20 AM
I’m enjoying the game but I was really hoping to see app fast switching. Well at least it can resume.

In addition: the icon is too polluted with badges (wifi, bt and of), it’s just ugly as hell.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
07-08-2010, 08:25 AM
So I got ended up buying the game last night and, I must say, its a pretty solid game! For $.99 this is a great match three to enjoy for weeks to come.

Currently playing : NOVA 2, Real Racing 2, Jenga, Queen's Crown, NBA Jam
07-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Game Impressions

Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
In addition: the icon is too polluted with badges (wifi, bt and of), it’s just ugly as hell.
I agree. It's ok to have badges on iTunes but the game icon doesn't need them

I didn't play the 1st but this one is pretty. The 4 modes are interesting (3 secondes is stressful ).
Smooth controls & nice power ups (the cleaning watermelon is great ). The graphics are good but I find there are too many texts for combos so sometimes I don't see the screen (and can't do more combos).

Good match-3 game, every Zoo Keeper lover would enjoy this one