App description: The raging ravens sent Jack to the heck! Will you help Scarecrow Jack to escape the creepy castle and take revenge on the sneaky ravens? This cool, creepy JumpnJump game will make you jump higher, jump farther, jump harder! Be strong. Be crazy. Be Jack!

Features:

Unique Jump'n'Jump gameplay
3D High Definition graphics
Creepy enemies
24 challenging levels with countless traps
Global online highscore list

Vovin's comments:

This looks like a blast from the past, like a game I played long ago.
But I can't remember the name, dammit.

Trailer:

04-18-2013, 08:40 AM
Woah, Bean's Quest meets Ghosts 'n Goblins, meets Swordigo? Really digging the vibe. I'd be all over this, but my girlfriend's monitoring my purchases.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

04-18-2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Woah, Bean's Quest meets Ghosts 'n Goblins, meets Swordigo? Really digging the vibe. I'd be all over this, but my girlfriend's monitoring my purchases.

Eh... "monitoring" like in "big brother is watching you"?

edit: hey, its's a German dev team. Of course I'll support them.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 04-18-2013 at 09:10 AM.
04-18-2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Eh... "monitoring" like in "big brother is watching you"?

edit: hey, its's a German dev team. Of course I'll support them.
Haha, of course not. She's just legitimately the only thing that can stop me from making idiot purchases left and right.

Looking forward to impressions, dude. *crosses fingers*

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
04-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Haha, of course not. She's just legitimately the only thing that can stop me from making idiot purchases left and right.

I am just a few minutes in... but it seems I have some bad news for your gf...
Levels are quite big, it seems; not like 1 minute per level and 30 minutes for the whole game.
Every level is one specific section of the castle, that's cool.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 04-18-2013 at 09:28 AM.
04-18-2013, 09:29 AM
Quote:

Ahahah and I totally get that! Sometimes I just go back to my purchase history and wonder why I bought that app or most of the time I even forgot I bought it! The appstore is one of the most efficient way of wasting my money... Is it bad that deep down I enjoy it?

Find me on Twitter
04-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Hey Vovin, from the Video this reminds me of Cauldron 2, a great classic I loved on the Commodore 64.
Maybe that's the game you couldn't remember?
04-18-2013, 02:12 PM
This really doesn't feel like it's from this day and age. First of all, right off the bat...tilt or touch controls for both right and left handed people. Now that's cool. No IAPs, the setting's just wonderful to look at with vibrant colors everywhere, great lighting and stuff. I'm not really sure how the "24 levels" comes into play (every room isn't considered a level, right?). There's a ton of collecting to be done, the controls work well, it runs awesomely on iPhone 4 (will be trying on the iPad 4 in just a few). So far, so good. No complaints here. Just wondering about the length, but I'll know once I seriously spend time with the game on iPad.

04-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
Hey Vovin, from the Video this reminds me of Cauldron 2, a great classic I loved on the Commodore 64.
Maybe that's the game you couldn't remember?
Sh*t - just picked up and it is like Cauldron 2. Got to work this evening but if you remember Cauldron 2 then this will probably be up your street. Touch controls work well. iCade would be beautiful here.
04-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Does Luigi make a guest appearance?