Support our Sponsors:

Old 02-10-2013, 10:26 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Would this actually be an upgrade to Tiny Solar then? Is it 100% identical or is this a better port?
Old 02-10-2013, 12:06 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Would this actually be an upgrade to Tiny Solar then? Is it 100% identical or is this a better port?
Solar 2 appears to be a direct port of the XBLA game that was released at least a year before Tiny Solar. If that answers any of your questions. I don't have any experience playing Tiny Solar but I have played a lot of Solar 2 over the past year on XBLA and now happily on my ipad mini.

Sorry I couldn't help with any of your actual gameplay questions.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:18 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Gameplay is 100% identical... There's even some of the same animations and assets used in Tiny Solar that are found in Solar 2.

Also, if it helps at all, Tiny Solar has an additional IAP while Solar 2 does not have any.

Just opened up Tiny Solar again... And there's no extra score based challenges. It looks like just a ripoff of the main gameplay mode. If that helps. I also just wrote the developer and asked about Tiny Solar. If I get a response, I'll be sure and share any info I get.

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 02-10-2013 at 12:40 PM..
Old 02-10-2013, 06:20 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

K. Got a response from the developer. Here's what he said;

Quote:
Yeah, Tiny Solar is an illegally stolen clone. I've submitted a take-down notice to Apple, but they're dragging their feet on it. Even though it's blatantly obvious to any observer, the cloners did deliberately avoid breaching any specific rules, making this a bit tricky. But hopefully I get someone from Apple with the common sense to just take it down, I guess we'll see.

But yeah, that's the reason why I made the real Solar 2 iPad port, to stick it to the cloners.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:11 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Oh man, that sucks. :/ May have to throw $4 at Jay Watts just to show my support.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:34 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
K. Got a response from the developer. Here's what he said;
I bought Solar 2 just before your post after trying the lite version of Tiny Solar.
A pretty weird situation it seems. Without Tiny Solar he wouldn't have made a port to the Ipad?
Anyway,i'm having a blast with it. It feels like a love child of Space Miner and Kometen in a strange twisted way. It's ultra relaxing and really hard at the same time.
A question for you SV,as you seem to have played this a bit:
As soon as you get a living planet it seems to build some space ships wich follow me around. They tend to blow up asteroids,wich is quite annoying as i need them to grow. Is this intended this way? Or maybe a way to prevent this?
Also,you got any clue as to why some asteroids go in orbit right away and others not?
Thanks in advance if you could shine some light on this.
Great game so far.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:20 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I've been trying to find a way to deal with the ships as well... Right now, both traveling in short but quick bursts, leaving the ships a little far behind or going right beside another living planet with ships that can distract my own, and then going into an asteroid clump is what I've been doing. Otherwise, they do seem to take out quite a few asteroids. I'm pretty sure this is intentional, as they're meant to protect you, and asteroids do damage your planet if you don't catch them.

As for catching asteroids... At first I thought it might be dependent on the coloring or size of the asteroids that makes them easier to catch, but now I'm thinking its more about their angles in relation to the planet. If they move next to the planet without going in a direct colliding path with the planet, they seem to go into orbit easier. If they're not at the right angel, it's a bit harder to get them into orbit. This is just a guess, as I'm still learning myself, but it seems to be working a bit better when thinking of it like that.

If you figure it out, I'd love to hear what you think... =o)

Good luck!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:23 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I've been trying to find a way to deal with the ships as well... Right now, both traveling in short but quick bursts, leaving the ships a little far behind or going right beside another living planet with ships that can distract my own, and then going into an asteroid clump is what I've been doing. Otherwise, they do seem to take out quite a few asteroids. I'm pretty sure this is intentional, as they're meant to protect you, and asteroids do damage your planet if you don't catch them.

As for catching asteroids... At first I thought it might be dependent on the coloring or size of the asteroids that makes them easier to catch, but now I'm thinking its more about their angles in relation to the planet. If they move next to the planet without going in a direct colliding path with the planet, they seem to go into orbit easier. If they're not at the right angel, it's a bit harder to get them into orbit. This is just a guess, as I'm still learning myself, but it seems to be working a bit better when thinking of it like that.

If you figure it out, I'd love to hear what you think... =o)

Good luck!
I will!
Thanks.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:23 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

One of the easiest ways to catch asteroids is by drawing them towards you with the gravity of you system then quickly move to the side and letting them pass by you then approach the asteroids from behind. It may take a little practice but it does cut down a lot on asteroids hitting your planets and just wanted to mention that inhabited planets(the ones with shields) don't get damaged by asteroids hitting them, it just causes all the your ships to attack any close by asteroids.

The game does get more difficult once you get neuton stars, black holes, or binary and bigger star systems. This game appears simple but it's actually pretty complex.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:11 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
One of the easiest ways to catch asteroids is by drawing them towards you with the gravity of you system then quickly move to the side and letting them pass by you then approach the asteroids from behind. It may take a little practice but it does cut down a lot on asteroids hitting your planets and just wanted to mention that inhabited planets(the ones with shields) don't get damaged by asteroids hitting them, it just causes all the your ships to attack any close by asteroids.

The game does get more difficult once you get neuton stars, black holes, or binary and bigger star systems. This game appears simple but it's actually pretty complex.
Thanks,that works quite well. You gotta "pull" them into orbit. Sneak up on them and then quickly go the other way. Awesome.