App description: Explore the untamed jungles of Guatemala at Tikal, the infamous Mayan city.

Reviews:

"Tikal offers jungle brilliance for 10 action points a turn" - TUAW

"Deep strategic gameplay... provides a 4-Dimple [out of 5] cerebral experience." - AppSmile.com

"Tikal [is] a game I enjoyed my time with and is easily worth the money." - Gamezebo

Send your expedition members out from base camp to discover buried treasure and uncover over-grown temples. But stay alert, as both treasures and temples can change hands as you compete with other expeditions!

Each turn, you place a new tile representing an area of the jungle you have just mapped, then spend action points to explore. When a volcano tile is revealed, each player has one extra chance to improve their position, then points are awarded. Plan your moves and stake your claims wisely, and your expedition will take it's place in the history books!

With no setup time required, no pieces to lose, and no arguments about the rules, the future of board games is here and Tikal gives you exactly what you want -- to play!

How to play:

Choose your favorite of 6 Mayan totems as your avatar, and then discover the true power of this ancient civilization as you compete against them in solo play.

On a players turn they perform the following actions:

1.Place the next terrain tile on the board; and,
2.Use 10 action points to explore Tikal

Play continues in order with each player placing a new tile and exploring until the volcano tile is drawn. When a volcano tile is drawn players are scored and given 10 more APs to set themselves up for the best possible score.

After the last tile is played a final scoring round occurs and the winner is determined.

Features
========
No set up required
Fast, easy, and fun game play for 1 to 4 players
Stunning HD graphics with plenty of eye candy
Support for 3 modes of play: solo, "pass and play", and online multiplayer
6 different Mayan totem avatars to choose from
6 different AI opponents to compete against
In-game hints make it easy to learn the game
Complete rules and game guide
Player rankings and stats
Achievements and leaderboards
Online multiplayer play
Play your own iPod music

About
=====

Wolfgang Kramer is one of the world's most decorated and successful board game designers, and this is the official iOS version of his 1999 German Game of the Year.

Sage Board Games is an independent software developer, focusing on bringing award-winning and classic board games to mobile devices. With a veritable "who's who" of Euro games already licensed, Sage Board Games is poised to become the premiere source of board games for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch.

Visit us: sageboardgames.com
Like us: facebook.com/sageboardgames
Follow us: twitter.com/sageboardgames

Please send us your feedback and requests, and rate the game once you've bought it.
04-20-2011, 03:44 PM
Looks great. But, so desperately needs a video...

04-20-2011, 03:45 PM
This looks really nice, I may have to give this a go.
04-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Looks neat. Waiting for impressions/someone who has played the board game before.

i'm a pretty kitty cat
04-20-2011, 04:04 PM
This looks very good and Codito has done a great job in the past with Medici and Ra.

Any idea whether $4.99 will be the price point for Tikal for the foreseeable future? I got burned on the pricing for Ra when it was dropped only a couple of days after initial release.
04-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Thanks to VeganTnT for posting this even before we had a chance!

The $4.99 is the price for the foreseeable future. We might put Medici and Ra on sale again to celebrate, but this is the definite launch price for Tikal.

Happy gaming!
04-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Never played the board game, but I loved their Knizia games so instabuy here. I'll leave impressions tonight when I've had a chance to play.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
04-20-2011, 04:58 PM
One of the best board games of all times! Thanks for that!

Schenker P505 Notebook | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6+

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
04-20-2011, 07:14 PM
The first impression with this is very positive. The game seems to have a lot of depth, and even though I've only played one game I can see that there are different strategies that could be used. The presentation is great. I had a few issues where I meant to tap on something and it registered something else. This would have been quite annoying if I hadn't noticed that there was an undo button in the menu. Overall, the price point will scare many away, but I recommend it for fans of Euro board games.

Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
04-21-2011, 01:52 PM
I'm really surprised that this isn't getting more attention. I guess it goes to show the sorry state of the app store when 5 bucks for a port of a 30 dollar board game is seen as too expensive.