Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-11-2013, 08:57 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin

if the developer is reading this, i would totally edit and rewrite the text in this game for a discounted rate. seeing a nicely polished text adventure is a reward of its own.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:10 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Alright got the game and am enjoying it. The game is really good so far. It uses location services and places near you are listed in game to go search. It's pretty accurate too, you will find food in restaurants, items in stores, things like that. So far my only knock is on difficulty, still on my first day and have tons of weapons, ammo, armor, food, and he fights aren't even close. Hopefully it gets harder as I level up. I definitely recommend the game even with the Internet being required.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:35 PM

This seems to me like a solo version of Please Stay Calm mildly more story oriented.
Not a bad thing per se, but i think i need a little more info before buying it.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:41 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

The first game was enjoyable for a few playthroughs. It needed a bit more meat; I think most people who own it can agree on that.

I thibk this might be going a bit overboard, though. The abstraction of the gameplay elements was part of the fun; I never knew if the assault rifle I picked up would clear a horde of Zombies...so you had to trust your instincts. It was an inewractive digital novel, not a gamebook or adventure game. By exposing the number crunching, I worry this game might lose some of the charm of the original.

Last edited by Greyskull; 02-12-2013 at 02:05 PM..
Old 02-11-2013, 01:11 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Darn no iPad version.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:45 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Tempting, although wary due to the previous iPad 3, HD version fiasco. But, did enjoy my time with Z Day before that. And. Very unlikely I'd play anything location based with my iPad.

Can't tell from the screenies, iPhone 5 optimised?

Plus point, I really loved Zombies the year of infection. (Theres a great audiobook version for those inclined.) so even a tiny little bit of involvement on that authors part is a huge win.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:27 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I'm enjoying it. It brought a smile to my face to see local businesses and recognizable names for the places you go in game. The only problem I have so far, is it appears you reach a limit of the number of places around you and you can get "stuck" until you can physically move to a new location that your GPS will pick up on. It would be nice if the game would just expand out as you go along in case you want to play while you are stuck in one place(in real life). To me it's a worthy purchase, and it will be interesting to see where this goes.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:43 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Ill wait for impressions or a review. It's amazing how that first screenshot turned me off immediately. Then I come into the forums and see that several people feel the same way. Wish developers would take the time to polish their game. Since this is a text based RPG, it really should have extremely well polished dialogue and writing.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:27 AM
iPhone 3GS

Does the location stuff work outside the US?
Old 02-12-2013, 01:52 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

A new text based CYOA. Instab... Huh?

An internet connection sucks battery life. Requiring location services sucks even more battery life...