Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-13-2013, 03:54 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Shadow Patterns - repeat pattern RPG

Shadow Steps is now out, a 'follow the pattern' game with RPG elements. Perhaps not very mainstream, but I'm pretty sure this game is the most hardcore of its genre. Hand painted fantasy art of high quality, l25 varied loot items , 9 different creatures to find and defeat, locked chests, traps and boss monsters.

Game Center keeps track of your best scores so you can compete against other players to get the best.

There are unfortunatly no instructions in the game. You don't actualy need to know all the 'rules' of the game to play, but if anyone have any questions regaring scoring system, what armour does, how 'combat' works in numbers etc, dont hesitate to ask. It is no hidden secrets.

This is not a game for everyone, and ment to be played once in a while to try beat your score.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:22 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Follow the pattern... as in remembering progressively longer sequences like Simon Says?
Old 02-13-2013, 05:34 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

*Looks at interesting screen shots that show a lot of depth for a rhythm/memory game*
*Looks at "iPad only" label*
*Frowns and lowers head back towards iPod Touch*
Old 02-14-2013, 04:23 PM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

strive, well yes an no. you get increased number of steps as you progress at certain "levels". it starts with 3 to get going, then goes quickly to 5, where it stays a while. during testing we found 5 was the number people could reasonable do, and still miss sometimes.. then it goes up to 6, 7, 8 etc.

also as the loot is chance (loot for defeating, loot for chest) players need to get a few shots at getting something helpfull before the monsters are too tough.. bosses at 11 lv can destroy all your shield in one swing, and all health in next

and yes, ipad only. most of the code can be reused thogh, so with some clever re design it can be ported to iphone as well. universal is not very likely as it is very graphical- heavy, and it will be a lot of unneeded space for the device not currently being used.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:10 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I downloaded it and enjoy it quite a bit. I played Simon a lot growing up, so this game appeals to me. I do pretty well until I get to patterns of six, but I've only played a few games.

I enjoy the artwork, but wish I could pause sometimes to enjoy the artwork, or maybe have more varied sounds for some of the shapes so that it could be done audibly as well. I did notice some varied sounds, but I think a few overlap. If I am mistaken, please correct me (or I will correct myself if. Notice otherwise).

Overall, very nice work. Well worth the dollar in my opinion.