IPad owners: how do you play FPS'S?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Greyskull, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I've tried MC4, Triggerfist, and Alien Warfare on my ipad mini. Despite the smaller bezel compared to full size ipads, I still have a lot more difficulty playing on an ipad than on my phone. So...how do you pull it off? Adjust the controls, hold your iPad in a stand?

2. incineratee

incineratee Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    I have an iPad 3 and i'm more confortable playing fps on my ipod touch as well. I always thought ipad mini would be much better for that aspect but apparently it's not.

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Adjust the controls. I have mine set up like this in all shooters:

Attached Files:

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Mine's similar with JBRUU, but i move the buttons up a little bit so I can put the pad on my right hand in a comfortable position rather than be on the lower right corner of the pad.

5. Are you aiming in the far bottom right corner? Or you aim with your thumb in the middle? Or you using your index finger to aim?

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I put my iPad on a surface or on my lap at an angle and use my index fingers. It's a little strange initially but you get far more freedom of movement compared to using thumbs while your hands are anchored to the sides of the iPad.

7. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Action buttons lined up on the right side and everything else set up like a normal controller.

8. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    I use my thumbs. Left thumb to control the left side. Right thumb for aiming and firing. Much easier for me to play on an iPad than the iPhone.

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yep, bottom right. Right thumb only, sensitivity high.

10. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    I play them on a pc with mouse and keyboard like god intended. Seriously why waste time on inferior iOS shooters when there are much better games on iOS that actually play to its strengths and much better shooters on other platforms? Boggles my mind.

11. #11 Connector, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
    Nope you got it wrong, play Nova 3 or Modern Combat 3 with a Gameloft Duo Gamer Joystick, that is the best and it controls great.

Attached Files:

12. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    #12 the9quad, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013

To each his own, I can't stand controllers or those clones. They are impressive for the hardware they run on, and that's about it. Seriously though if you like them that's cool, everyone has different tastes.