Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-09-2011, 06:04 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default THE aMAZEing Labyrinth By Ravensburger Digital

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Old 11-09-2011, 06:34 AM

The board game is actually a lot of fun to play with kids, and the strategic thinking is actually kind of deep. Maybe a little too deep, the first time we played my 6 year old cried, and we have a house rule that makes games a little easier.

As far as I know and in my opinion, this and Blokus are the best very simple but deep strategy games that we didnt have when we were kids. (Quirkle is good too.)

Still, the game is soooo visual based with the need to focus on the whole board at once...not at all sure about playing on a phone, AND the quality of multiplayer implementation is unknown. So not going to take one for the team...
Old 11-09-2011, 06:41 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post
The board game is actually a lot of fun to play with kids, and the strategic thinking is actually kind of deep. Maybe a little too deep, the first time we played my 6 year old cried, and we have a house rule that makes games a little easier.

As far as I know and in my opinion, this and Blokus are the best very simple but deep strategy games that we didnt have when we were kids. (Quirkle is good too.)

Still, the game is soooo visual based with the need to focus on the whole board at once...not at all sure about playing on a phone, AND the quality of multiplayer implementation is unknown. So not going to take one for the team...
I agree. The board game is great. We play with my 3-year old with extra-simplified rules, and he loves it.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:12 AM

I was lucky to be chosen as a beta tester but the beta stage didn't really happen. Instead I was extremely lucky to be given a code for the game. Having played this game with my kids and given the game to probably the whole town (it was the standard birthday party present one year) I can give impressions to the differences between the actual game and this version.

There are two modes. A puzzle and a timed one. In the puzzle game you are presented a set of challenges in which you need to get the wizard to the treasure in as few a moves as possible. You are given diamonds depending on how well you solved the challenge. 1,2 or 3. Solve in the ideal and you get 3. Solve in one more than that 2. Solve the level you get 1.

This part of the game is similar to LabyMania or any of the maze puzzlers in which you must slide the whole row of tiles to create the path. It is also reminiscent of the game Adventure Zones, if anyone remembers that.

The timed portion consists of the board and treasures at every edge. You must move the pieces in the middle to create a path for the wizard to get to the highlighted wizard. Each time you get a treasure you are rewarded with more time on the clock. This time though, the movement of pieces is more reminiscent of a 15 sliding puzzle. You can move any of the tiles around in an direction and one at a time.

There is indeed an multiplayer aspect that I didn't test out yet. There is regular Labyrinth as well as a mode called Duel. You can play via random Game Center match ups or local multiplayer.

So far, the single player has kept me quite busy and I have really been enjoying it. If you enjoy any of the aforementioned games, I would definitely recommend it.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:22 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

New England Gamer: is there any way to play the standard Labyrinth game against computers or are the puzzle and timed modes the only single player options?
Old 11-09-2011, 08:40 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceyprime View Post
New England Gamer: is there any way to play the standard Labyrinth game against computers or are the puzzle and timed modes the only single player options?
+1
This is something I am also interested in knowing.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:24 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Found this review over at BGG

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 11-09-2011, 09:45 AM

Wish to know more how the multi-player turns out?

And when will the sale be gone?

And will there be an iPad version?

TIA
Old 11-09-2011, 10:51 AM

Wow, neat! Didn't expect to see this one, but since it was one of my favourite board games ever, I'll probably pick it up. The single player puzzles sound interesting enough, too.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:06 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I would also love to know if it has AI single player.