App description: The iPad version of "THE aMAZEing Labyrinth HD" is winner of the "Deutscher Computerspielpreis 2012" (German Computergames Award 2012) in the category "Best mobile game"

--------------

Labyrinth is the award winning board game thats sold over 13 million units since its creation 25 years ago. Now, the fun had by millions is available on the iPad & iPhone, with new games and puzzles for fans old and new!

Do you think you can handle any maze? Test your skill level on Ravensburgers newest iOS game, THE aMAZEing Labyrinth, as they celebrate its 25th anniversary.

Compete against your friends, your enemies or even yourself to find the winning treasure pieces and escape the dreaded labyrinth. And this aint no ordinary maze! Hallways and junctions change with every turn, so keep your strategies open as you try to find your way around!

FEATURES:

Three single player modes:
Classic: The original labyrinth version with friends or alone against different-strength computer players
- Puzzle: collect prizes in the shortest amount of moves possible to earn all diamonds and advance to the next level!
- Time Duel: slide the puzzle pieces up and down to get your character across the board to the treasure. With every piece you get, you add just a little more time on the clock. Beat your personal best by seeing how many you can get to before the timer runs out!
- Local and online multiplayer through Game Center. Play either the new Duel mode with friends and family, or the original Labyrinth mode for a more classic game.
Great HD graphics and animation
In-game manual to help aid novices and veterans alike
No set up, no clean up!
Great fun with family and friends!

The production values on The aMAZEing Labyrinth are top-notch, and the developers have put a great deal of thought into translating a physical board-game onto a touchscreen device. Gizmodo

You're actually getting three games in one. Everything is well-polished and perfectly adapted from the original board games. Gamezebo, 4.5 out of 5 stars

THE aMAZEing Labyrinth is a great puzzle game, enticing the player in with a few gentle levels before hooking them entirely. Well worth a play. 148apps.com, 4.5 out 5 Stars.

The many of modes of this game really make it one that has something for everyone and every situation. Board Game Geek.com, Three Out of Four Stars

--------------

Feel free to check out Ravensburgers other games, including Ramses II and Puerto Rico, along with many, many others.

Become a fan of Ravensburger Digital on Facebook and find out more about our new apps, exclusive competitions and behind the scenes information about the development of our apps:

http://www.facebook.com/RavensburgerDigitalGmbH

goiMot's comments:

11-09-2011, 06:34 AM
The board game is actually a lot of fun to play with kids, and the strategic thinking is actually kind of deep. Maybe a little too deep, the first time we played my 6 year old cried, and we have a house rule that makes games a little easier.

As far as I know and in my opinion, this and Blokus are the best very simple but deep strategy games that we didnt have when we were kids. (Quirkle is good too.)

Still, the game is soooo visual based with the need to focus on the whole board at once...not at all sure about playing on a phone, AND the quality of multiplayer implementation is unknown. So not going to take one for the team...

Use The Code JFLF5HT To Get 50% More Coins In Combat Monsters!

11-09-2011, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post
The board game is actually a lot of fun to play with kids, and the strategic thinking is actually kind of deep. Maybe a little too deep, the first time we played my 6 year old cried, and we have a house rule that makes games a little easier.

As far as I know and in my opinion, this and Blokus are the best very simple but deep strategy games that we didnt have when we were kids. (Quirkle is good too.)

Still, the game is soooo visual based with the need to focus on the whole board at once...not at all sure about playing on a phone, AND the quality of multiplayer implementation is unknown. So not going to take one for the team...
I agree. The board game is great. We play with my 3-year old with extra-simplified rules, and he loves it.

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind
11-09-2011, 07:12 AM
I was lucky to be chosen as a beta tester but the beta stage didn't really happen. Instead I was extremely lucky to be given a code for the game. Having played this game with my kids and given the game to probably the whole town (it was the standard birthday party present one year) I can give impressions to the differences between the actual game and this version.

There are two modes. A puzzle and a timed one. In the puzzle game you are presented a set of challenges in which you need to get the wizard to the treasure in as few a moves as possible. You are given diamonds depending on how well you solved the challenge. 1,2 or 3. Solve in the ideal and you get 3. Solve in one more than that 2. Solve the level you get 1.

This part of the game is similar to LabyMania or any of the maze puzzlers in which you must slide the whole row of tiles to create the path. It is also reminiscent of the game Adventure Zones, if anyone remembers that.

The timed portion consists of the board and treasures at every edge. You must move the pieces in the middle to create a path for the wizard to get to the highlighted wizard. Each time you get a treasure you are rewarded with more time on the clock. This time though, the movement of pieces is more reminiscent of a 15 sliding puzzle. You can move any of the tiles around in an direction and one at a time.

There is indeed an multiplayer aspect that I didn't test out yet. There is regular Labyrinth as well as a mode called Duel. You can play via random Game Center match ups or local multiplayer.

So far, the single player has kept me quite busy and I have really been enjoying it. If you enjoy any of the aforementioned games, I would definitely recommend it.
11-09-2011, 07:22 AM
New England Gamer: is there any way to play the standard Labyrinth game against computers or are the puzzle and timed modes the only single player options?
11-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceyprime View Post
New England Gamer: is there any way to play the standard Labyrinth game against computers or are the puzzle and timed modes the only single player options?
+1
This is something I am also interested in knowing.
11-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Found this review over at BGG

Youtube link | Pop Up

Currently playing: Terraria, Warhammer Quest, Junk Jack X, Starbase Orion, XCom
GameCenter ID: DHGamer
11-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Wish to know more how the multi-player turns out?

And when will the sale be gone?

And will there be an iPad version?

TIA

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
11-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Wow, neat! Didn't expect to see this one, but since it was one of my favourite board games ever, I'll probably pick it up. The single player puzzles sound interesting enough, too.
11-09-2011, 11:06 AM
I would also love to know if it has AI single player.

-----
On GC I am FPEX