★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-18-2013, 09:26 AM
This was posted by Skarsnik on page 11:

1. Play I, Gladiator scratch and win - downloaded it and gave it a spin after the dev mentioned it, and it consistently gave me 100+ silver for my activities (awarded when you load up the workshop in actual game). More importantly, I was gifted a Kolhid Sword which can't be purchased in game, Atk:250, bleed:30%, Dura: 200, and that made chapter I a breeze.

He states here it was gifted,not bought with 6000 silver.
So what's up with that?

Some beavers are hiding, some beavers are invisible, some are moving and some are just plain elusive and then there are the 'Beavers in Disguise'.
02-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
I was already logged in and hit liked yet it still pops up after every battle
will debug this tomorrow. sorry for annoyance... in any case this should not happen after every battle and is supposed to be capped at 4 times. If anyone else also experience anything like this, please report to support.

02-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiferet View Post
Do you wish to become a beta tester for our future games? Very neat analysis
Thanks for the offer! Sure if you need.

I actually used to be a beta tester back in the days where you had to apply and have experience to beta test. I'm used to it.

The best beta test was a PC RTS game called Dark Reign. Loved that game.
02-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Having lots of trouble in battle 9 chapter 1. They keep double teaming me and I can't seem to avoid it, they gang up on me right from the start. any advice would certainly be appreciated.
02-18-2013, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Deputy View Post
There's a bit of a FB push though. If you use the Scratch Em app you have to log in through FB. I played for ages last night. As your a production guy I think you should be stoked with what you guys have here. It really is fun and original.

For me the product has been tainted by the financial model. The game that you created with love and care has not one but three forms of revenue streams. The initial purchase, the IAPs and the advertising through the Scratch Em app.

Again there is fun here but when you have all three of these financial models working in tandem it is hard to be immersed in its world. For a stronger initial release and better word of mouth promotion of the game I highly recommend scrapping the Scratch Em app and throwing the player more silver.

It's your baby here mate. Play the long game. I'm sure people will be glad do drop more cash on this when they have a bond with the game. As is it will continue to be devisive
This is what I found too. I could love the game except for these intrusions. I tried the scratched app but it wanted to use my FB. The financial model is what is /has ruined what could have been a classic. Looking at the last few posts shows clearly that gamers are absorbed not in the game but how to get free coins and weapons without paying. No pay walls? Really? And after having already paid to be running around trying to get coins through Facebook is an insult to those who paid. I did a survey to get enough coins to get the McClaren in RR3 but I never paid for the game at all yet.
02-18-2013, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Deputy View Post
There's a bit of a FB push though. If you use the Scratch Em app you have to log in through FB. I played for ages last night. As your a production guy I think you should be stoked with what you guys have here. It really is fun and original.

For me the product has been tainted by the financial model. The game that you created with love and care has not one but three forms of revenue streams. The initial purchase, the IAPs and the advertising through the Scratch Em app.

Again there is fun here but when you have all three of these financial models working in tandem it is hard to be immersed in its world. For a stronger initial release and better word of mouth promotion of the game I highly recommend scrapping the Scratch Em app and throwing the player more silver.

It's your baby here mate. Play the long game. I'm sure people will be glad do drop more cash on this when they have a bond with the game. As is it will continue to be devisive
Sorry for some reason it double posted.

Last edited by worldcitizen1919; 02-18-2013 at 09:49 PM.
02-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcitizen1919 View Post
Perfectly put. Financial model has wrecked a beautiful game's launch. This could have been a classic but it wasn't to be. You don't get enough drops. I don't want to keep repeating missions so I can get good enough weapons and armour to level up and I've already paid for the game so IAP is not really an option I want to take. So the only other option is this scratchy thing with FB? No thanks. I just stopped playing as I can't get immersed. From my experience when you make something cheaper you get more business not less. In this case the developer being very generous will win a lot of goodwill and clientele.
You don't need iap maybe just better controls like how to run around

Last edited by bramblett05; 02-18-2013 at 08:17 PM.
02-18-2013, 11:26 PM
I just want to know how can I unlock the enemy cos' sometimes I do need to runaway to pick up the weapon or buy some portion. Now I have to kill the enemy before runing freely.
02-18-2013, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublezz View Post
I just want to know how can I unlock the enemy cos' sometimes I do need to runaway to pick up the weapon or buy some portion. Now I have to kill the enemy before runing freely.
Press the shield button and swipe down
02-19-2013, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcitizen1919 View Post
This is what I found too. I could love the game except for these intrusions. I tried the scratched app but it wanted to use my FB. The financial model is what is /has ruined what could have been a classic. Looking at the last few posts shows clearly that gamers are absorbed not in the game but how to get free coins and weapons without paying. No pay walls? Really? And after having already paid to be running around trying to get coins through Facebook is an insult to those who paid. I did a survey to get enough coins to get the McClaren in RR3 but I never paid for the game at all yet.
That scratch app is horrible. I deleted it after it kept spamming me every time i lost that i could buy luck. What's my luck status by default? Is it consumable or a static stat? The sole fact that there's a companion app that's really one big mess of adds,IAP's and FB spam that supposed to get you more coins in-game,a game that already has it's own IAP is testing the limits of how much gamers will swallow.
But the gameplay has really gotten me. I can't stop playing. The implementation of pressing the shield to run block and dodge is brilliant. Using your enviroment ,timing,luring the enemy to where you want them,it's all so well done.
Getting the crowd wild after you decapitated your enemy,just awesome.
I love this game but it's hard to recommend to anyone in this state. I'm very good in ignoring things or just,outright block them from my perception (ask my girl ) so i can live with it. It's a shame it has to be like this though.

Some beavers are hiding, some beavers are invisible, some are moving and some are just plain elusive and then there are the 'Beavers in Disguise'.