Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-12-2013, 08:08 PM

Default Little Luna - (by Joove)[Universal]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 02-12-2013, 08:26 PM

Actually , I found the touch controls very often not working as they should.
It is often a guessing game as to how far from the character you can click for it to register. In the end, I went on to something else.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:16 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

The graphics look like so many games I've seen before, especially in the MMORPG genre. I like the shadow effect. Honestly though? It looks rather...boring. Judging from the trailer alone, all you're doing is walking and solving puzzles.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:58 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Not bad for a student project, though, and you can't argue with free. Short and sweet.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:42 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Question: my friend-next door neighbor just got an iPad. She sees me playing these point & click/escape/adventure/mystery games, and since she's also "older", she's interested in learning to play these.
The problem: I let her try both Thr Room and Little Bang, coaching her through the tutorials...she couldn't figure out where to go or what to do next.
This game states it's "narrated": can someone who's played it let me know if this would be a good "first try" for her?

<sorry, I just don't have the patience to sit with her for more than about 30minutes, guiding each little step...>
eq
Old 02-14-2013, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elainemdg View Post
Question: my friend-next door neighbor just got an iPad. She sees me playing these point & click/escape/adventure/mystery games, and since she's also "older", she's interested in learning to play these.
The problem: I let her try both Thr Room and Little Bang, coaching her through the tutorials...she couldn't figure out where to go or what to do next.
This game states it's "narrated": can someone who's played it let me know if this would be a good "first try" for her?

<sorry, I just don't have the patience to sit with her for more than about 30minutes, guiding each little step...>
eq
I would let her try some Toca Boca Games or Tin Man Games.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:37 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

I wonder why developers are so fascinated with darkness, then require the player to boost the brightness of their iPads in order to play?

Why not just use brighter tones so that players will not need to empty their batteries after playing a while?
Old 02-16-2013, 10:56 AM

I'm one of the 2 developers for this game and wanted to thank you all, both for playing and giving feedback. We love all that we read about it, both positive and negative.

I'd like to explain some issues because it might be interesting. You should know that we are both designers and neither of us is a programmer. But we could use 'Kismet', a visual scripting tool to create functions and triggers. It has it's limitations for example, the light. The range for the light to be placed is really a limitation given by UDK, it's 1200 unreal units that 'Luna' can see things and can walk towards it and this can only be changed by a real programmer. Same for her being unable to see the light when an object is in between her and her destination, this can even be a height difference that will cause a problem. We like to think that she simply cannot see the light. If it's too far away or out of sight and therefore she won't follow it. However, for us, the solutions make it work somewhat. All these small imperfections make it a 'student'-project and not yet really professional, and we are aware of that. It's something we can learn from and do better in the future.

Another thing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
I wonder why developers are so fascinated with darkness, then require the player to boost the brightness of their iPads in order to play?

Why not just use brighter tones so that players will not need to empty their batteries after playing a while?
I love to explain this because it has a small history. The concept of placing light was nice but we found something that would make it even cooler. We made the light dynamic! I'll show you a very early development test on PC:

It just immerses the player even more and creates a suspensive surrounding. We would've loved to implement it but I came to the conclusion that it couldn't even work on mobile devices because of the hardware limitations. But since we saw these results we loved the fact that darkness really immersed players more. It has a lot more atmosphere. We had to try to create something like it but without the dynamic lighting, which was way, way harder. I guess at the end it only worked a bit on the iPad. Where we made the product for. It was never really designed for the iPhone.

But the importance of this game is really to get it in as many hands as possible, receive some feedback and learn from it. That's also why it's Free. Since most of our friends have no iPad's but some do have iPhones and it was already automatically exported as a Universal game, we delivered it for iPhones as well. But there it has a real lighting issue since the brightness is way lower then the standard brightness on the iPad. I could boost the brightness in general but that would disable the feel we intended on the iPad completely. Therefore we just ask people to boost their phones brightness in order to play it there as well. It's a compromise and I'm sorry for the inconvenience (And you shouldn't have to boost your brightness on your iPad though). The conclusion to this would be that the mobile devices just aren't ready yet for the real darkness but it's interesting to experiment with it.

Anyway we'll definitely learn from this and take as much as we can on our journey for our next project.

Thank you very much for the interest and I hope you liked this small insight
Old 02-16-2013, 11:02 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

What. The. Eff?

Why do I miss everything?

Please tell me this will run on an iPad 1...

DBC
Old 02-16-2013, 12:29 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Thank you for your explanation. I was just giving my perspective as an video game gamer.