Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-19-2013, 03:25 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I am... TOTALLY hooked!!! I freak'n love this game! =oD

I can't get over how polished it is... how generous it is with the gems... how much fun it is to play...

I don't think I've been this happy over a Chillingo purchase in quite some time. I'm absolutely floored. =oD

This is most definitely my GOTW... and one of my favorite releases of the year so far.
Sounds very promising, today has been a good day for Chillingo for me, got swing king for free, and this game has a lot of good comments so probably will buy after I read all the posts here. Come on Chillingo, start making great 99 cent games like those of old!!!

Well, onto the rest of this thread. About halfway through, looks like a great hdmi game, so I am probably going to get it. Itchin to get something this week cause last week,Ididn't buy a game for the first time since I started ios gaming!
Old 02-19-2013, 03:34 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I dont know why this game thread isnt getting more attention than i'd hoped.
Honestly, cause as SV mentioned Chillingo's games have gone downhill ever since they were bought out by EA and they got away from their roots and stopped making awesome puzzle and other games, and got into endless runners and inapp wannabes. I really miss the Chillingo of old, I used to buy all of their games on release.

Now, most everyone waits, cause it is well known that most Chillingo games go free in one month and abuse the early adopters. Plus most games have a freemium structure from the start which doesn't help, kinda wish they would just release the games as freemium from the start, but I guess as most have mentioned here, it seems to be based on how a game sells. If it sells well, it will stay premium, if it doesn't, it will go freemium.

This leaves very few faithful loyal early adopters like us of old. Nowadays, most everyone justs waits a couple of months to see if a Chillingo game will go free. I try to go against this thinking once in a while and get some great titles like Catch the ark and probably this one, but a lot of people will persist to wait.

Anyway, made the decision to download, but please Chillingo, get back to your roots, please make us some great games, and reward us loyal early adopters instead of focusing on the bottom line. Thank you.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:08 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenit View Post
Unfortunately, Ooboom just ousted you from #1 position in chapter 1...
Don't worry, I'm gonna kill that score. Well, I already have, but my game time isn't lowering. Over the course of 2 particular zones, I decreased my time by about 6 seconds! But my time doesn't want to budge for some reason. It doesn't seem to be an issue of GC/wifi, because "your time" hasn't changed either (from 4:22:56).

Just curious, how is your planet time calculated from your individual zone times? Looking at my rough zone times, there's no way they could equate to 4 minutes and 22 seconds, so what does 4:22:56 even mean?

Last edited by Matt33; 02-19-2013 at 05:11 PM..
Old 02-19-2013, 05:13 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Honestly, cause as SV mentioned Chillingo's games have gone downhill ever since they were bought out by EA and they got away from their roots and stopped making awesome puzzle and other games, and got into endless runners and inapp wannabes. I really miss the Chillingo of old, I used to buy all of their games on release.

Now, most everyone waits, cause it is well known that most Chillingo games go free in one month and abuse the early adopters. Plus most games have a freemium structure from the start which doesn't help, kinda wish they would just release the games as freemium from the start, but I guess as most have mentioned here, it seems to be based on how a game sells. If it sells well, it will stay premium, if it doesn't, it will go freemium.

This leaves very few faithful loyal early adopters like us of old. Nowadays, most everyone justs waits a couple of months to see if a Chillingo game will go free. I try to go against this thinking once in a while and get some great titles like Catch the ark and probably this one, but a lot of people will persist to wait.

Anyway, made the decision to download, but please Chillingo, get back to your roots, please make us some great games, and reward us loyal early adopters instead of focusing on the bottom line. Thank you.
99 cents to get a good game a month before everyone else is a pretty sweet deal in my opinion!
Old 02-19-2013, 05:42 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt33 View Post
Don't worry, I'm gonna kill that score. Well, I already have, but my game time isn't lowering. Over the course of 2 particular zones, I decreased my time by about 6 seconds! But my time doesn't want to budge for some reason. It doesn't seem to be an issue of GC/wifi, because "your time" hasn't changed either (from 4:22:56).

Just curious, how is your planet time calculated from your individual zone times? Looking at my rough zone times, there's no way they could equate to 4 minutes and 22 seconds, so what does 4:22:56 even mean?
It's most likely the times accumulated on the path to the plane and that lvl included. In the first lvl Mine Mayhem, 6 times are added together for your top time.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:56 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
It's most likely the times accumulated on the path to the plane and that lvl included. In the first lvl Mine Mayhem, 6 times are added together for your top time.
Yes. It calculates the fastest route through passed zones from the start to the ship, collecting the fuel containers and draws a path there. You can complete the first chapter by going through 6 zones minimum.

Sam / Recoil Games
Old 02-19-2013, 05:59 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Yeah, you have to do all (or most) of the levels and it'll save the shortest path to the ship that includes the correct amount of fuel cells. Then just repeat the levels along the line to get better times.

Edit: Scooped! : )
Old 02-19-2013, 07:14 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

lol. I played through the first world just to see if I could keep my save. everything reset again.
when this gets fixed, will it be a whole new update or what?
Old 02-19-2013, 07:38 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamRcl View Post
Yes. It calculates the fastest route through passed zones from the start to the ship, collecting the fuel containers and draws a path there. You can complete the first chapter by going through 6 zones minimum.

Sam / Recoil Games
Oh man...I've wasted so many hours replaying irrelevant zones...lol.

Last edited by Matt33; 02-19-2013 at 07:41 PM..
Old 02-19-2013, 07:50 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdiss View Post
99 cents to get a good game a month before everyone else is a pretty sweet deal in my opinion!
Yup, I got it, this game is great. So far just played a little on my iphone 4, but I really look forward to playing on my new ipad hdmi tv. I think this will be a great tv game. Crossing my fingers. Just got home, so let's hookup the tv now...