Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-21-2013, 02:23 AM
Banned

So here's the story:

- EA/Firemonkeys suffer a backlash from fans on Day 1.
- They feel they might have been pushing it too far so they first discarded damage repairs times totally.
- They realize no more "impulse" gold spending so reintroduce repair times, though much shorter than before, and at the same time, reduce service times by 70%.
- They realize that fans with a few cars to play around aren't affected anymore, so totally remove repair times and lengthen the service times to how they were right at the start.

Even having 10 cars and each lasting 30 mins, you'll be done playing in 5 hours. Shortest full service times are now 6 hours, and much longer for the latter cars.

Scorecard:

Launch: EA 1 - 0 Fans
Initial update: EA 1 - 1 Fans
Second update: EA 2 - 1 Fans
Third update: EA 3 - 1 Fans

(EA scores a goal for everytime they make a move that has $$$ written on it. Fans score when EA make a $$$ losing move.)
Old 02-21-2013, 02:24 AM
Banned

I want to hear what Eli Hodapp has to make of this. Will be interesting to see how he defends this move (or finally joins us in our crusade against EA).
Old 02-21-2013, 02:28 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

This hurts more after really getting a shine on for this game. Most of all I just feel bad for Bambi.

Just remember guys. When all this is over you're all winners to me
Old 02-21-2013, 02:28 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-007 View Post
Turn off WiFi and log out of GameCentre. That's the only way. I simply have no time to sit down for 45 mins just to play a endurance race to win it.

PLay all the endurance races in one go then log back in and play the other event types with real people for a proper challenge.
I've tried playing with airplane mode on but that didn't seem to help much. I didn't sign out of GC, perhaps that will do the tracks. I will try that next time!
Old 02-21-2013, 02:30 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-007 View Post
I think the 6 1/2 hours you were facing is in the latest version. The one prior to this had waiting times in the 2 hour region at max.
Not so, last night my BMW GT was in repairs for over 6 hours. Based on the update it would now be more like 13 hrs!
Old 02-21-2013, 02:30 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Has anyone noticed any logic in the inclusion of GC friends in your races? I have done cup races where only a few of the drones were GC friends even though I have enough friends to fill a full roster. It really is a shame as it is much more profitable to race GC friends.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:37 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ictoanen View Post
Has anyone noticed any logic in the inclusion of GC friends in your races? I have done cup races where only a few of the drones were GC friends even though I have enough friends to fill a full roster. It really is a shame as it is much more profitable to race GC friends.
The logic is: your GC friends must race that cup first. When they have raced that cup, they will be added on the grid!
Old 02-21-2013, 02:55 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by killy billy View Post
The logic is: your GC friends must race that cup first. When they have raced that cup, they will be added on the grid!
Yikes, that is something I should've thought of myself! Thanks.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS View Post
Not so, last night my BMW GT was in repairs for over 6 hours. Based on the update it would now be more like 13 hrs!
I believe the wait times should triple at the very least. So you're looking at 18 hours at best, over a day at worse.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Deputy View Post
This hurts more after really getting a shine on for this game. Most of all I just feel bad for Bambi.

Just remember guys. When all this is over you're all winners to me
Yeah, through thick and think, we've stayed together. But patience has its limit too, and EA better know that.

On a separate note, I am 100% certain that if this is the release candidate, WW3 will erupt right here. 1000 new posts at the very least within 24 hours of the game launching officially in New Zealand on the 28th.