★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-14-2013, 01:50 AM
Am I right that there are no replays?
02-14-2013, 01:50 AM
Send a message via MSN to synagence
Oh well. This game has me blocked already now from progressing

Done a few upgrades on my focus. Couldn't even get past 6th place newer events
Tried to go back to older events to grind some cash and a race I had 1st place in before now I can't even get past last guy.

Balance of this game is so off. Making single game players compete against humans who have upgraded through gaming compete against the 'virtual' humans who have paid clearly to upgrade to high end cars is simply unfair.

I don't mind iap on principal if its done as a way to enhance the game but in this its necessary and if I felt like a one off 6.99 level purchase would last me a couple months gaming I'd do it but it simply won't.

It's just a crying shame as the game is stunning. Clearly the devs have pushed the iOS device to its limits to create this and it's lovely but if I can't play or feel like I am constantly needing to spend just to keep up or make normal progress then its broken.

I fear this game will soon be consigned to the recycle bin and never get the gaming it truly deserves.

Feel free to add me.
GameCenter: Highlightshadow

02-14-2013, 01:55 AM
So without even mentioning the IAP there's actually a lot of other issues.

No real multiplayer
No replays
No cloud saves (guess ea want to make you pay twice)
In game ads
And that page where you can get more coins by installing other things looks so tacky.
02-14-2013, 01:56 AM
Can you correct your lie that the game has been released in the Canadian App Store?
02-14-2013, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroCst View Post
No. That will come in a future update as in-app purchase.
Lol! That's a good one.

Aid is like a pill that numbs the pain, if you take it too often you get addicted. President Isaias Afwerki
This simple and timeless quote sums up Eritrean government & people's self-reliance policy.
02-14-2013, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCubes View Post
So without even mentioning the IAP there's actually a lot of other issues.

No real multiplayer
No replays
No cloud saves (guess ea want to make you pay twice)
In game ads
And that page where you can get more coins by installing other things looks so tacky.
Plus
No Leaderboards
No Add Opponents as friends
No Qualifying/Practice
No Track Details
No dynamic AI
No difficulty settings

The hate in the Firemonkeys forum is pretty intense too. I noticed an older post from the devs saying true multiplayer wouldn't be available at launch. Considering its current state maybe ill just tune back in a few months. Bummer
02-14-2013, 02:09 AM
Was this ever in the Canadian App Store? I can assure you that for me it certainly isn't. I cringe at some of the little mini reviews of the IAP model. I despise 'that kind' of IAP.

I hope it looks 'good enough' on an iPad 3, I am still a little miffed that apple basically made us a dead end development path with zero warning.
02-14-2013, 02:36 AM
A quick rundown of the key areas of Real Racing 3

* Excellent graphics - check. Anyone who disputes this is likely blind.
* Constant badgering for IAPs - check. I've already had the game pester me to upgrade my car and buy new cars between each and every race.
* "Casual" controls with some skill roof - check. Pretty much anyone of any level -can- play, but there's room to do well within a certain bracket.
* Forced wait timers - check. They're prevalent, and they definitely impact your enjoyment of the game, they also impact how *long* you can play before either being forced to dump cash or forced to stop.
* Excellent presentation - Check, it's slick, polished, and gives a good impression right from the get go.
* Resprays cost -gold- , not racebucks. Actual gold. Want to redecorate your car, prepare to pony up.
* Gold exclusive cars, and yes, they're as mean fisted as they are in CSR racing about it, the lower level "entry" gold cars might be affordable -just-, if you save up and don't speed up your services or repairs, but the collectors ones require 800 gold, who the hell thought that was a good idea?
* Dealer "Sales" and "exclusives" , I just had one pop up, offering me a discount on a car, interestingly even with the discount I would have had to top up my race bucks with you guessed it - Real money.
* An energy mechanism - in CSR it was gas, here it's servicing your cars

I sincerely hope whoever reviews this is going to put it next to CSR, the result would be *worth it*.
02-14-2013, 02:46 AM
I haven't gotten to buying another car yet, but so far, I'm enjoying this. The 6 hr repair wait is ridiculous but the time change trick works so it's not an issue. Even the cost of cars doesn't seem THAT bloated, at least that's what I'm guessing (haven't gotten too far in the game)

I had read a lot of negative comments on here about this game but after giving it a shot, it all seems exaggerated.

- The game runs on full retina on the ipad 3 (YUSSS!)
- The graphics are insane. I spent a whole 10 minutes just staring at the Porsche 918 from every possible angle
- New race options like Drag look pretty interesting
- iAP's are a let down but not to the level that's portrayed in the forum (I gotta say, give this game a shot before criticizing it so much)
02-14-2013, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underage17 View Post

I had read a lot of negative comments on here about this game but after giving it a shot, it all seems exaggerated.
For sure give it go. The issues raised outside of IAPs are the biggest problem. Play for a while longer and you will see the core issues RR3 has