★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-15-2013, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-007 View Post
I never hear of them before. I doubt they are the major/main review sites. So they missed the memo.

edit; plus 3 star is hardly 'very negative'
Lol yes probably missed the memo

Well there are some quite negative comments in the review so there

Well I still like this game a lot. However just having to wait 20 minutes for another car I have just purchased, or pay to have it now for 7 coins. Think that's a bit of a wait, considering they reduced other wait times. I understand they want something for the player to spend their gold coins on, but heck!

Yes this game does have some negatives. But yes i'd probably give it a good score, just not perfect by any means.
02-15-2013, 05:13 AM
Mount Panorama is the best track so far, up hill, short-s and a long down is gorgeous, baby!

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)

02-15-2013, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris1974 View Post
well, okay maybe not a conspiracy, just testing the water then
Testing the water while torturing fans?! For the last two days have I just been waterboarded?!!!
02-15-2013, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
Mount Panorama is the best track so far, up hill, short-s and a long down is gorgeous, baby!
That downhill is just exhillirating. Yes, thats the right word. Same with the roller coaster turn in laguna seca. And the quick climb to hill on spa.

Actually guys, my fav track in the game is the melbourne street track. When the track is empty such a joy to drive. But to win from 22 to 1 in 2/3 laps in a matter of impossibility,.
02-15-2013, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktern View Post
...I've noticed that RR3 tries much harder to be a racing simulator than RR2. You know, living up to its name.

I'm not surprised that bugs people, considering that it's a VERY different game from RR2. I think it makes sense overall, though.

Two things I really wish they'd work on right now: one-touch repair/servicing. I don't want to click through a whole bunch of items when I want to fix up each of my cars, that gets tedious fast. Also, the music is REALLY bad. Oh man. I don't remember RR2's music at all, but if it was nearly this bad I'm sure I would.
Good points above

I turned music off in the settings after 15 mins. Didn't think it was too bad, but prefer a bit of quiet between and during races.

And yes I played RR2 yesterday, and the feel is so much better in this. The drifting when you turn the corner at too high a speed (with brake assistance set to Low) really kicks the back end out and slows you down as it would in real life, so you really need to start thinking of breaking before the corner not during. The mini-map by your car at the bottom helps determine the sharpness of upcoming corners.
Setting brake assist to Low really benefits with times, for those complaining they don't get anywhere. Ok you may bump your car more, or skid off the track more, but the reward is there in the end.
02-15-2013, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-007 View Post
I never hear of them before. I doubt they are the major/main review sites. So they missed the memo.

edit; plus 3 star is hardly 'very negative'
i come across Appspy by the care of many vidoes that they upload to youtube. I cant really see that reviews are the many factor for the change im sure its down to the feedback that us the players have been giving for the change in time when doing repairs.

Yet we all forget that the game is NOT officially out untill the 28 Feb but a soft launch (term i picked up from somewhere....) i would not be surprised if there be more changes to the game ahead of the offical release world wide.

Dare say they beta testing the game data and the servers making twinks here and there before it goes live around the world and even more players join in.

GameCenter ID: Hellscaretaker Come on i love to give you a Race

Gameloft ID: Zincwarcaft (any one for game of zombiewood)
02-15-2013, 05:20 AM
Guys, I just realized something! The timer is still old. It simply says it will take lesser time, but once I go back to the main menu it shows the old "long" time. My Porsche was supposed to take three hours to repair an hour ago, but now it is shown as 9 hours. Somethings not correct

UPDATE: but wow, some repairs are INSTANT now! I repair break line leak for instant!!!

Last edited by racer-007; 02-15-2013 at 05:23 AM.
02-15-2013, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktern View Post
If you were actually racing and crashed into stuff, you'd need to get your car repaired and that'd take time. I guess the part where you can shell out some sort of higher-order currency isn't realistic, but gold coins aside I've noticed that RR3 tries much harder to be a racing simulator than RR2. You know, living up to its name.

I'm not surprised that bugs people, considering that it's a VERY different game from RR2. I think it makes sense overall, though.

Two things I really wish they'd work on right now: one-touch repair/servicing. I don't want to click through a whole bunch of items when I want to fix up each of my cars, that gets tedious fast. Also, the music is REALLY bad. Oh man. I don't remember RR2's music at all, but if it was nearly this bad I'm sure I would.
Where did they try harder to be a racing simulator?
Just doing the best time on a track wihout any interaction,slipstreaming and so on is hardly real racing.
To me with all that non-interactive drones on the field it's more like an arcade rally game. Trying to set the best lap time with moving objects.

Some beavers are hiding, some beavers are invisible, some are moving and some are just plain elusive and then there are the 'Beavers in Disguise'.
02-15-2013, 05:34 AM
GOOD NEWS!!!

ALL damage repairs are INSTANT. Spread the joy

PS: Our efforts have not gone to waste. The people have spoken. And EA has listened. Do not underestimate people power.
02-15-2013, 05:37 AM
It runs pretty terrible on an Ipad 3. I installed RR2 yesterday to compare and boy,what a difference.
RR2 not only runs much smoother,i noticed that it's also more lively. Moving choppers,flashlights from camera's and running waterfalls. In RR3 everything is dead.
The rest has been summed up i guess.

Some beavers are hiding, some beavers are invisible, some are moving and some are just plain elusive and then there are the 'Beavers in Disguise'.