★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: 9 Innings: pro Baseball 2009: Update!! 1.0.4

07-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Send a message via MSN to BryanSanDiego Send a message via Yahoo to BryanSanDiego
9 Innings: pro Baseball 2009: Update!! 1.0.4

9 Innings: pro Baseball 2009: Update!! Version 1.0.4 iTunes Link $2.99

I would like to let everyone know about 9 Innings. If you have been playing slugger and enjoy that title, try another hit from the same company.

Com2uS, has just released an update for 9 Innings, new update includes:

- User can now Edit player names
- Minor bugs and glitches solved

“If you love slugger you will enjoy 9 Innings.” I enjoy this game as it brings a “Classic Arcade,” feel to the iPhone baseball genera. I also own “Slugger.” Which, is produced by the same company I love them both. 9 Innings has a different feel than Slugger but just as addicting. This game is well worth the money and the updated has brought not only more stability but allows name edits to bring a more personal feel to the game. I picked this title up for only $2.99 and I have received my moneys worth.

Here is the direct link to their website at: Com2uS, you will find trailers and other information that will help make your decision.

iTunes Link

-Bryan Simonson
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by BryanSanDiego; 07-05-2009 at 12:49 AM.
07-05-2009, 12:01 AM
If it had a career mode it would be automatic for me... it doesn't.

Sorry, no sale.

Munkie!

Looking for a cool sig.

07-05-2009, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkieSuthorn View Post

Sorry, no sale.

Munkie!
9 Innings has a season/career mode and is a full on baseball game. Baseball Sluggers is just a homerun derby.
07-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Quote:

Sorry, no sale.

Munkie!
What exactly do you want in a career mode?

When you start a new game you have several options
Exhibition
Tournament
Season
and
Homerun Derby

Season would technically be the career mode even though it's not called career.

EDIT: To answer the question below, yes, stats change as the season progresses

---

@BryanSanDiego: The update doesn't come close to warranting a new thread. That's why we've been discussing it in the original 9innings thread
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=9372

Last edited by VeganTnT; 07-05-2009 at 12:10 AM.
07-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Career being able to play season after season with your team intact... <read below>

It does not say anything about career mode in any of the game descriptions, just a season mode. Have you played it, and it have seen the career mode? Do the player's stats increase/decrease/age thoughout the seasons?

If it does have a career mode is should say that somewhere specificly as this is something that sets sports titles apart.

Munkie!

Looking for a cool sig.
07-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Send a message via MSN to BryanSanDiego Send a message via Yahoo to BryanSanDiego
Full Seasons 126 Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone1007 View Post
9 Innings has a season/career mode and is a full on baseball game. Baseball Sluggers is just a homerun derby.
"Select your own manager and team roster, pitcher rotation, and play all the at bats and pitches as you engage in a full season of 126 games and playoffs. During the game, check your pitchers endurance, emotional status with a circle control UI for the perfect timing to make substitutions. Check batter stats and player conditions before the game. There are plenty of baseball features in this 9 inning game. If the whole season is too much for you, you can always auto-play the games and receive results."
07-05-2009, 12:11 AM
Right...

Career being able to play season after season forwarding stats and players until they retire or you trade them.

Munkie!

Looking for a cool sig.
07-05-2009, 12:19 AM
[QUOTE=VegantTnT;339460] career.

EDIT: To answer the question below, yes, stats change as the season progresses

What I am asking is when one season has completed, do you start over with a new game? Or, can you continue the next season with your current team, as in Season 2, 3, 4... etc?

Thanks,
Munkie!

Looking for a cool sig.
07-05-2009, 12:21 AM
Career Mode

Quote:
Right...

Career being able to play season after season forwarding stats and players until they retire or you trade them.

Munkie!
Munkie,

To answer question "I honestly do not know." I have played about 94 full games so far and have not made it through a full season. I have to hand it to you if you are able to play the full 126 + multiple seasons you are my hero, I wish I had more time to play. Please note that this is an iPhone game and the operative word is "Phone." I am not meaning to come off as rude; as time goes by we will see larger games (Larger File Size) making their way to the market with more depth and feel of console gaming. I am sure Com2uS is working hard at improving the quality and depth of this title. I would recommend that you submit a request to them, "I know I have." I hope this helps and what I said about the iPhone being a phone is not to be taken wrong, we expect so much out of something so small. It has brought so much fun to all of our lives, what would we do without it?

P.S. sorry for the new thread I felt that this title deserved a refresh and a new start.

Last edited by BryanSanDiego; 07-05-2009 at 12:47 AM.
07-05-2009, 12:55 AM
Thanks for the reply Brian,

Currently the Gamevil offering for a baseball does offer season to season, however I am to happy with the gameplay, I was looking for a replacement, however I really enjoy a season to season career mode.

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond.

Munkie!

Looking for a cool sig.