★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
I can easily pass on this. Looks like a freemium game. In the first game Sanuku didn't even earn enough coins to buy an upgrade. Looks like a lot of grinding away. I wonder if this is a fixed number of areas and then a big win at the end or if this is just endless and it loops. Either way, I can wait for it to go free and even then I probably won't bother to play it much.

I wish we had Diehard Arcade (Dynamite Deka in Japan). Now that was good fun.
I too will pass, but man, this might be the first week ever that I can remember that I will not buy anything. Getting bored.
02-14-2013, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
I too will pass, but man, this might be the first week ever that I can remember that I will not buy anything. Getting bored.
Rock Runners is pretty solid, and if yu dont have it yet, Captain Antarctica is a great vertical runner game which just got updated with an endless mode which totally multiplies its replay value.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

02-14-2013, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Rock Runners is pretty solid, and if yu dont have it yet, Captain Antarctica is a great vertical runner game which just got updated with an endless mode which totally multiplies its replay value.
Might have to check out those two.
02-14-2013, 10:12 PM
I think I'm bored with runners and coin collecting right now anyway. QuestLord just came out recently. I may buy that. It looks like good fun and could fit in with Undercroft and similar games that I'm considering putting more time into. I did get a couple new to me Donut Games and several other games that dropped temporarily to free. So it's not like I am at a shortage for new stuff

But I love the Die Hard franchise. So it's painful this is what we get for a game. Still I'm planning to go see the movie Saturday. Woot!
02-14-2013, 10:17 PM
^Yeah... At least this one left me wanting more of the movie!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-14-2013, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
^Yeah... At least this one left me wanting more of the movie!
Unfortunately, reviews of the movie haven't sounded great either. But I will see it eventually. Do love the series.
02-14-2013, 11:47 PM
And a great new genre endless runner + first person shooter
02-16-2013, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Hmm...

I really tried hard to think you might be right but somehow, somethings tells me that you are totally wrong with your thesis.
Actually having worked on the pre-production and production process of quite a few films, I wouldn't doubt that Fox got huge tax breaks for shooting in another country. Hiring locals for crew and cast would even up those incentives. However, they did most (if not all) of their shooting in Hungary, where they made it to look Russian. Most Americans wouldn't know the difference.

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides
02-16-2013, 01:01 PM
Game Impressions

Im to my surprise having tons of fun with this. It feels like Subway Surfers meet Time Crisis. Lots of objectives, great mechanics, the IAP is never pressing. So far I am level 5 or 6 and have upgraded lots with the in-game currency. Only restarting at check points seem to need the premium coins and you earn those by levelling as well.

Good game and a lot of fun.
02-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
YouTube: video
Thanks so much for uploading this vid. I don't know what to think about the game though. It looks boring... but addictive. And it baffles my mind that they didn't get John in there as an unlockable character. I can see them charging $4.99 for him as an IAP just like Ghostbusters did, and people would've made the purchase. Should've been a free download though.

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides