Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-16-2013, 08:55 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Got the Android version of this, which was free. Wonder what the differences are, if any, in coin collection and upgrade prices.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:36 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Die Hard was nominated for Touch Arcade forum's Game of the Week. Voting is open until 02-20-2013 at 01:10 AM: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=178408
Old 02-18-2013, 01:16 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Not sure what to make of this game. I see a lot of people saying that it is not that good yet they are "addicted" to it. It also has 5 stars in the App Store. So either people were expecting more from this game or there are a lot of people that really like mediocre games.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:27 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangbone View Post
Not sure what to make of this game. I see a lot of people saying that it is not that good yet they are "addicted" to it. It also has 5 stars in the App Store. So either people were expecting more from this game or there are a lot of people that really like mediocre games.
You sure you saw a lot? Coz i thought that was just me. Anyways, i think im done with the game. It just gets harder and harder, no bosses (i was hoping there was at the end of the 5th checkpoint but there's none), and nothing after it. If this was a runner, then i could take it as endless. But as a sort of on-rails shooter, it gets boring once you get past the 5th checkpoint. There's nothing there, except all enemies have 4 health each, and there's almost always 4 enemies on screen which just forces a game over. Then, you start again.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:20 PM
iPad mini 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post
Do you eventually start at a different level, or does the background always pretty much look like the video that was posted?
Pretty much. Still a fun onrails shooter/runner. In a few days it will probably be boring, but by then I have had enough fun.

Perhaps a future update will supply more stages. here's to hoping. :-)
Old 02-18-2013, 03:42 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Touch 4 support?
Can we all throw in and get this guy a 5th gen touch so we don't have to view these posts 12 times per thread? I've got 5 on it.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:01 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
You sure you saw a lot? Coz i thought that was just me. Anyways, i think im done with the game. It just gets harder and harder, no bosses (i was hoping there was at the end of the 5th checkpoint but there's none), and nothing after it. If this was a runner, then i could take it as endless. But as a sort of on-rails shooter, it gets boring once you get past the 5th checkpoint. There's nothing there, except all enemies have 4 health each, and there's almost always 4 enemies on screen which just forces a game over. Then, you start again.
Yeah, it was kind of fun at first but it really isn't a runner as the gameplay is slow, but the difficulty ramps up and feels cheap when it gets to be like 4 enemies on the screen and it's basically impossible to get through them.

It's not like real "on-rails" shooters like Time Crisis, which mix things up. And it's not good as a runner either. Tries to combine both and ultimately fails. If you want a good on-rails shooter, go with one of the Time Crisis games or Doom Resurrection, which is IMO the best on-rails shooter on the iOS. And, of course, there's plenty of better options for BTB runners.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:37 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Simple question(I hope)

What's the most efficient way to bullet dodge? Right before the enemy is about is fire or is it with a swipe of the lanes before/after the enemy fires a round?

Oh yeah it's free now...
Old 02-20-2013, 09:01 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Crap, I hate to give a game a try only when it becomes free, but movie tie-ins are usually a no-fly zone for me. If it's good, I'll "donate" to the game via IAP, if there is any.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:04 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professionalbum View Post
What's the most efficient way to bullet dodge? Right before the enemy is about is fire or is it with a swipe of the lanes before/after the enemy fires a round?

Oh yeah it's free now...
I always thought dodge was a % chance as suggested by one of the gadgets.