App description: Yippee ki-yay! Welcome to Russia: are you ready to battle ruthless mobsters, elite commandos and shadowy politicians?

Play as Jack McClane, the son of New York Citys most famous cop, legendary John McClane. Prove that the apple doesnt fall far from the tree blast your way out of Moscows mean streets and travel to the radioactive wasteland of Chernobyl, where youll have to overcome incredible odds to save the world from nuclear terrorism.

Combining the best of the endless runner genre with non-stop first-person shooter action, you now have the ability to play through one of the most popular action-movie franchises in film history! Keep moving and stay alive as long as you can!

★★★ Features ★★★

☢ Awesome 3D graphics, vivid colors and immersive world
☢ Easy to use swipe controls with a tap to shoot feature
☢ Tons of characters, gadgets, weapons, outfits, and power ups to unlock.
☢ Adrenaline a unique bullet-time feature that freezes the action into super slow motion, allowing you to take out multiple enemies at once
☢ Action-packed missions and real-life locations pulled right from the new hit movie, A Good Day to Die Hard
☢ Native retina support at 60 FPS
☢ Facebook and Twitter integration to shout out your score in real time
☢ From Goroid, the developers of the hit app The End

Echoseven's comments:


02-16-2013, 08:55 PM
#61
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,255
Got the Android version of this, which was free. Wonder what the differences are, if any, in coin collection and upgrade prices.
02-17-2013, 11:36 PM
#62
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,363
Die Hard was nominated for Touch Arcade forum's Game of the Week. Voting is open until 02-20-2013 at 01:10 AM: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=178408

02-18-2013, 01:16 PM
#63
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 862
Not sure what to make of this game. I see a lot of people saying that it is not that good yet they are "addicted" to it. It also has 5 stars in the App Store. So either people were expecting more from this game or there are a lot of people that really like mediocre games.
02-18-2013, 01:27 PM
#64
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 19,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangbone View Post
Not sure what to make of this game. I see a lot of people saying that it is not that good yet they are "addicted" to it. It also has 5 stars in the App Store. So either people were expecting more from this game or there are a lot of people that really like mediocre games.
You sure you saw a lot? Coz i thought that was just me. Anyways, i think im done with the game. It just gets harder and harder, no bosses (i was hoping there was at the end of the 5th checkpoint but there's none), and nothing after it. If this was a runner, then i could take it as endless. But as a sort of on-rails shooter, it gets boring once you get past the 5th checkpoint. There's nothing there, except all enemies have 4 health each, and there's almost always 4 enemies on screen which just forces a game over. Then, you start again.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-18-2013, 02:20 PM
#65
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post
Do you eventually start at a different level, or does the background always pretty much look like the video that was posted?
Pretty much. Still a fun onrails shooter/runner. In a few days it will probably be boring, but by then I have had enough fun.

Perhaps a future update will supply more stages. here's to hoping. :-)
02-18-2013, 03:42 PM
#66
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Touch 4 support?
Can we all throw in and get this guy a 5th gen touch so we don't have to view these posts 12 times per thread? I've got 5 on it.

Game Center ID: Quazonk
Twitter: @GomeraMosking
02-18-2013, 08:01 PM
#67
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
You sure you saw a lot? Coz i thought that was just me. Anyways, i think im done with the game. It just gets harder and harder, no bosses (i was hoping there was at the end of the 5th checkpoint but there's none), and nothing after it. If this was a runner, then i could take it as endless. But as a sort of on-rails shooter, it gets boring once you get past the 5th checkpoint. There's nothing there, except all enemies have 4 health each, and there's almost always 4 enemies on screen which just forces a game over. Then, you start again.
Yeah, it was kind of fun at first but it really isn't a runner as the gameplay is slow, but the difficulty ramps up and feels cheap when it gets to be like 4 enemies on the screen and it's basically impossible to get through them.

It's not like real "on-rails" shooters like Time Crisis, which mix things up. And it's not good as a runner either. Tries to combine both and ultimately fails. If you want a good on-rails shooter, go with one of the Time Crisis games or Doom Resurrection, which is IMO the best on-rails shooter on the iOS. And, of course, there's plenty of better options for BTB runners.
02-20-2013, 08:37 AM
#68
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: The Prison Planet
Posts: 219
Simple question(I hope)

What's the most efficient way to bullet dodge? Right before the enemy is about is fire or is it with a swipe of the lanes before/after the enemy fires a round?

Oh yeah it's free now...

Game Center-probum

Twitter-@filmngamegeek
02-20-2013, 09:01 AM
#69
Crap, I hate to give a game a try only when it becomes free, but movie tie-ins are usually a no-fly zone for me. If it's good, I'll "donate" to the game via IAP, if there is any.

Game Center ID: Quazonk
Twitter: @GomeraMosking
02-20-2013, 09:04 AM
#70
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 19,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professionalbum View Post
What's the most efficient way to bullet dodge? Right before the enemy is about is fire or is it with a swipe of the lanes before/after the enemy fires a round?

Oh yeah it's free now...
I always thought dodge was a % chance as suggested by one of the gadgets.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 PM.