iPad: Games Workshop’s® Talisman® - (by Thumbstar/Nomad Games)

02-15-2013, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyB View Post
So is it you vs the game?
Just watch this video of the PC version:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=n0lkcbAcnZw
02-15-2013, 10:04 AM
BTW: The PC version is currently available for a buck at IndieGala

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

02-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Sounds like brad at boardgame geek is enjoying this.
02-16-2013, 07:17 PM
The spinning board effect would prevent me from playing. I hope they make it optional, but I doubt it.
02-17-2013, 03:08 PM
I have the PC version which I think is fun though the UI needs work, it becomes a pain having to keep moving the mouse up to the top right to click the tick / cross.

I probably won't pick up the iPad version having bought the PC version (if only I'd waited a couple of weeks for the Indie Gala version) but might for my son (7) who likes playing Talisman with me. I will certainly pick up the full version for the iPad on its release, it's one of those games that I feel should be on the iPad (like Space Hulk and Robo Rally) and I will support it.

Helps that I love playing Talisman (just bought The City expansion)
02-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Oh man. This looks rockin'. Why is the 28th SO FAR AWAY =\

GC: andsoitgoes
MP Games: Waterdeep
02-19-2013, 09:42 AM
My wife will "reward" me well for grabbing this when it comes out, LOL! This is one of our favorite board games, but for her it is on a whole other level of love! Looking forward to finally being released!
02-19-2013, 11:27 AM
I guess it depends on the price

I Guess for me, it depends on the price. For 10 bucks, I'll pass. For 2-3 bucks, I'll likely grab it.

I'm more interested in the full boardgame, it's too bad they couldn't merge the two together into a single game (although since it's Games Workshop, it makes sense how they'd rather split features and milk it for every $$$ they can).

I've always been interested in the physical board game, but I picked up "Prophecy" instead, which plays somewhat similar with less randomness to movement and such.
02-19-2013, 01:13 PM
After reading the thread, I was about to ignore this game on its launch day. However, after watching the vid, it helped me to understand the gameplay much better. Looks like a pretty solid game. Hopefully, the die rolls are balanced. I recently deleted a game where the rolls were skewed heavily towards the AI when its "back" was against the wall.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 02-19-2013 at 02:18 PM.
02-19-2013, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyflychicken View Post
I Guess for me, it depends on the price. For 10 bucks, I'll pass. For 2-3 bucks, I'll likely grab it.

I'm more interested in the full boardgame, it's too bad they couldn't merge the two together into a single game (although since it's Games Workshop, it makes sense how they'd rather split features and milk it for every $$$ they can).

I've always been interested in the physical board game, but I picked up "Prophecy" instead, which plays somewhat similar with less randomness to movement and such.
How much does PC Talisman Prologue sell for when not discounted or on promotion?