★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Stone Age (Board Game) - $4.99 --> $2.99 on Feb 15, universal update soon!!

02-14-2013, 01:13 PM
Stone Age (Board Game) - $4.99 --> $2.99 on Feb 15, universal update soon!!

This game is getting rave reviews, it's the pinnacle of board games on iOS from all I've heard.

The next update coming soon will include universal support, but the price will jump when that update hits.
02-14-2013, 03:22 PM
I was about to buy, but it's still not translated in french... Someone can tell if the language is complicated or not? I can understand a lot, but games like baldur's gate are really too hard (And they promise to translate the game since months).

I was waiting so much this!

02-14-2013, 03:36 PM
I've heard it can sometimes be a little confusing, but I haven't played it and can't really say for certain.

What I can say is that a trip to Board Game Geeks and a post asking for help might get you what you need.. Based on the feedback I've seen, it seems very worth it, and even if you can't get the full rules, BGG will certainly help out getting things figured out.
02-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
I've heard it can sometimes be a little confusing, but I haven't played it and can't really say for certain.

What I can say is that a trip to Board Game Geeks and a post asking for help might get you what you need.. Based on the feedback I've seen, it seems very worth it, and even if you can't get the full rules, BGG will certainly help out getting things figured out.
Thanks, you're right, i'll ask to BBG. I think i can manage it, but when you're with friends and want to have a good time, it's a bit hard to translate everything.
Thanks anyway!
02-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Did TA ever review this one or where there just too many quality endless runners on their plate to review?
02-14-2013, 06:11 PM
Instant buy!
02-14-2013, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post
Did TA ever review this one or where there just too many quality endless runners on their plate to review?
Of course it wasn't reviewed. TA can only do so many reviews a week, and they know the vast majority of visitors don't care about complex euro-boardgames.

I guess I'm part of the problem...I left a bunch of comments in the RR3 story, which every ios site will cover.

Having said that, they do review some pretty heavy, niche market games; Battle of the Bulge is a perfect example.
02-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Oh no they review some niche games, look at some of the stuff they review. They do however only review those games that happen to interest the reviewers particular niche. Thing is you'd think they'd review games no matter the niche especially when they are considered to be the best example of it. And they really o review some crap, no kidding.

Last edited by the9quad; 02-14-2013 at 10:34 PM.
02-14-2013, 07:51 PM
People will try new things based on reviews and exposure btw.
02-14-2013, 08:33 PM
I'll buy this, looks interesting. I was completely confused by Le Havre, so I hope it's easier than that.