★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Avatar both iphone and ipad (Gameloft) now 99 cents

02-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Avatar both iphone and ipad (Gameloft) now 99 cents

Dang, didn't buy this before, but now I got hdmi, so wanna give it a whirl. Should I?

Ipad version

Iphone version

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/james-camerons-avatar/id343687281?mt=8
02-15-2013, 01:26 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro
It's a pretty old game but at that time it was one of the best. If you're a fan of the series you should go for it though

I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo

02-15-2013, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iVaro View Post
It's a pretty old game but at that time it was one of the best. If you're a fan of the series you should go for it though
Ok, I am curious to see how it looks hdmi tv, so I will buy and post my comments soon.
02-15-2013, 09:23 PM
This game is way cooler than I thought. It has a cool theme which isn't found too often, and even though it is old, don't understand the hate for it. Really cool music, and great cutscenes and movie like effects.

Highly recommended!!! Screenshot from my new ipad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	322.0 KB
ID:	53324  
02-15-2013, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Dang, didn't buy this before, but now I got hdmi, so wanna give it a whirl. Should I?

Sorry for the delayed response, I saw this earlier and forgot to post...

If you enjoyed the movie and are thinking either iPad or HDTV, I wouldn't hesitate to say yes, you should pick it up.

There's nothing overwhelmingly awesome about it, but it is Avatar + GL, so it is definitely enjoyable.

Let me know...

Edit: OMG! You ninja'd me!

DBC

I could never give up.
02-15-2013, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Sorry for the delayed response, I saw this earlier and forgot to post...

If you enjoyed the movie and are thinking either iPad or HDTV, I wouldn't hesitate to say yes, you should pick it up.

There's nothing overwhelmingly awesome about it, but it is Avatar + GL, so it is definitely enjoyable.

Let me know...

Edit: OMG! You ninja'd me!

DBC
Hehe, thanks for your awesome feedback, yes, I did buy it, and it is good, much better than I expected. I was kind of leary reading a lot of the itunes reviews, but maybe the expectations in this game were too much.

The graphics while a little dated and not ipad retina, really play out well on hdmi tv, and the movie cutscenes are plentiful and cool. The music and theme are very cool, and while fanboys of FPS shooters might not like this style, I was pleasantly surprised!

Highly recommended! Attached is hdmi tv screenshot. The colors are different from my ipad retina shot above.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	383.1 KB
ID:	53326  
02-15-2013, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
FPS shooters...
FPS shooters = first person shooters shooters.
02-16-2013, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
FPS shooters = first person shooters shooters.
Haha!

That's why I love you so much Ninjackid! You are my spelling autocorrecter!

I love you man!
02-16-2013, 12:08 AM
Actually, that sounds like a fun game concept. Running around shooting at people shooting at bad guys.
02-16-2013, 12:15 AM
Decided to get this one too. I'm one of the three people left that haven't seen the movie. I know the gist of the plot, just never took the time to see it partially because it was so overhyped. Anyway the game looks like you do some different stuff (running, riding a dragonfly thing, etc) and that could be a fun experience.