★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Crazy reviewers;)

12-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Send a message via MSN to aghartastudio
Crazy reviewers;)

Look at that

"Argh!! I actually had to break my iPhone in frustration of this B*"$Y game so it will be the last application I ever bought on App Store. Great graphics and sounds but TOTAL absents of user interface testing. I tested this on a couple of hard core adventure gamers who beat me afterwards up for even exposing them to this monstrosity.
My time is drained away from slow error msg for things that I should not have done. At the same time as I am totally in the dark of what the "game designer" wants me to do. I so want to hit the developers behind this now, not only have they wasted my precious time but them also have my MONEY. I cannot believe I am actually been a part of encourage them to make more of this! If you developers read this please quite your jobs at once!! It is like you have extracted all the worst things with the Lucasarts games and compiled it with beautiful graphics in order to spite other humans. WHAT ARE YOU an evil cult of sadists of a mission to annoy??"

Looks like someone needs to learn patience and do some anger control session!

It's a shame we can't react nor answer the people behind reviews on the appstore!

did all of you devs had similars experiences?

Alexandre leboucher - Agharta studio
Designer of 1112
Check out my twitter for latest updates!
12-04-2008, 02:06 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
I'm not a dev, but I've seen lots of stupid review(er)s like that on several different games.

I think it's funny and annoying at the same time, lol.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge

12-04-2008, 02:06 PM
I think you can always write something in the game description, such as what is coming in the next update. That may calm down some users.
12-04-2008, 02:09 PM
The worst thing out of this , is that reviews are actually one of our most usefull tool for advertising.. it doesn't do much on large store like US or UK but on smaller one where there are only a very few reviews available it can simply kill sales; (this was taken from the swedish store) thanks to Moopf utility

Designer of 1112
12-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Yes.

There are some users in Germany who consider SPiN to be a game for children, and that it isn't difficult enough. This was reason enough to give the game a 1-star review.

I suspect they didn't really play the game to find out that it's essentially a reaction speed challenge that starts out at a casual difficulty
12-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Personally, I don't listen to those junk reviews. What I look for while reading reviews is:
- Replay value
- Originality
- Controls
- If the game is fun
- I want to know if the game is high quality/professional looking
- Any bugs the game might have

I don't think many people really listen to reviews that sound like that... It might stop one or two people from buying at the most, but the good reviews make up for that obviously

I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-04-2008, 02:16 PM
yeah I see what you mean, anyway the more feature there is the more complain!

I frequently saw some "It's too short I finished it in 20 min "(Of course don't use a walkthrough...)
and juste after '"Damn this game is too hard I spend 2 night on it I can't find a way to blah blah"

Designer of 1112
12-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aghartastudio View Post
yeah I see what you mean, anyway the more feature there is the more complain!

I frequently saw some "It's too short I finished it in 20 min "(Of course don't use a walkthrough...)
and juste after '"Damn this game is too hard I spend 2 night on it I can't find a way to blah blah"
Yeah, I'm gonna edit my review and maybe that will help. I think I just wrote "hi it's me istopmotion" or something.

By the way, I'm still playing the game (haven't finished), but I've spent 2 hours on it so far - I don't think I'm even halfway through yet

12-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Just take your time playing it, there are tons of stuff to read everywhere and hidden funnies.. no need to rush

Designer of 1112
12-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post
I'm not a dev, but I've seen lots of stupid review(er)s like that on several different games.

I think it's funny and annoying at the same time, lol.
Not a dev either and have found most reviews in the app store(either positive or negative) as really just a waste of time and space. If they don't provide specifics as to what's good or specifics about what's bad, it's a useless review.
I would hope that most people trust review sites more than the average user, but something tells me it's not the case.
When you have iHunt as a top app for so long and it's such plain garbage, you know there's a problem with our population.

A good 5 star review of "WOW, it's great, buy it" doesnt' tell me anything
A poor 1 star review of "This game sucks, too expensive, waste of time" doesn't tell me much either.
I need details and I'll make up my own mind...crazy, I know....

But I can appreciate your concern...