★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Build a village in the wilderness that not only can survive, but thrive. PixelVillage is a new retro-style game, that combines the love of real time strategy, city building games and tower defense style games into one.

* Unlock and build Cultural, military, magical, food production, industrial and quest related structures.
* Explore the 7 act storyline, with more campaigns to follow.
* Challenge yourself to earn magical artifacts, that can improve your leadership abilities.
* Fight goblins, skeletons, necromancers, sea serpents and the very nature of the hostile island.
* Trade in bread, honey, leather, magical items, wool, weapons, armor and lots of other resources.
* Gather magical artifacts that gives you magical bonuses matching your playstyle.

andsoitgoes's comments:

Thanks to Nils' responding below, it's crazy to not want to jump on this, even without a universal version.

I'm looking forward to giving this a try

And I've edited this post a bit because technically the legendary Greyskull initially posted about this, and I would never have even known about it if it weren't for him pointing it out.

Here's his initial post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull
Not showing up in the TA app searchbox, but this looks like an game that may interest many folks here. I would TOFTT, but the description os pretty sparse, which gives me pause.
02-16-2013, 03:05 AM
Wow, it looks awesome. Wasn't Nils Munch the creator of CozyQuest? Or am I wrong?

Edit: It looks like he posted some kind of narrator preview on Vimeo a few months ago: http://vimeo.com/55324575

Last edited by Underwater; 02-16-2013 at 03:15 AM.

02-16-2013, 03:07 AM
Looks like it. Never heard of CozyQuest though.

GC: andsoitgoes
MP Games: Waterdeep
02-16-2013, 03:16 AM
I was dubious about the app until I saw the video link. The support/web site doesn't seem to exist. The lack of advertising/description is a strange choice.
02-16-2013, 03:27 AM
I wanted to toftt, but the app requires iOS 5.
02-16-2013, 03:29 AM
I instabought when I saw this. Will check soon.

Really liked Cozy Quest. And Nils is a really really nice and caring dev, know him from back then. He deserves support!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 02-16-2013 at 03:37 AM.
02-16-2013, 03:45 AM
It does look interesting and I'm always a sucker for city builder type games.

Btw, what is TOFTT?
02-16-2013, 03:58 AM
TOFTT = take one for the team. In other words,someone tries it out and leaves impressions so others can decide if it's worth to try for themselves.

This does look amazing. I'm sure that this was named so months ago but it is a bit untimely as i was totally excpecting a pixel people ripp off. Glad i clicked the link anyway. A new kemco game and now this? Awesome releases outside the normal thursday thing.

Some beavers are hiding, some beavers are invisible, some are moving and some are just plain elusive and then there are the 'Beavers in Disguise'.
02-16-2013, 04:11 AM
+1 to "looks amazing"

I'd TOFTT but no universal or HD version is a deal breaker for me now. yeah... i embraced the dark side.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-16-2013, 04:13 AM
Hey! If your looking for mission- / campaign-based Warcraft-like goodness with cool retro pixel art, this might be for you. It's blocky, movement is more hopping, but that's totally charming. The game's focus is more on building/defense. Looks like there's just one campaign for now, but Nils is known for constant updates.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 02-16-2013 at 04:16 AM.