★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Favorite "expensive" iOS game

02-17-2013, 07:00 AM
Ghost Trick - what an amazing, criminally underrated game!

Final Fantasy III - my first FF and I really loved it.

Back then, when they were new and expensive I also bought The Quest and Puzzle Quest 1 (which is sadly no longer on the Appstore) and enjoyed the heck out of both. In fact, I still fire up PQ on my old iPod from time to time.

Chaos Rings 1 and Omega I bought for 4-5 bucks on sales, so they were not really iOS-expensive for me. Liked the first a lot back then, but unlike the previous probably wouldn't enjoy it so much now, when there is so much quality JRPG competition. Disliked the second.

TWEWY and FFTactics are sitting on my iPad and waiting for their turn, while BG (if only it had iOS 5.1.1 compatibility at Christmas!), The Walking Dead, Ravenmark, FFIV and King of the Dragon Pass are earmarked for future purchases.

Favorites: Puzzle Quest, The Quest, Sway, Glyder, Reign of Swords, Flight of the Amazon Queen

Last edited by Isilel; 02-17-2013 at 07:28 AM.
02-17-2013, 07:06 AM
Football manager 2013

02-17-2013, 08:28 AM
Is modern combat considered 'expensive'?

NOVA 3
MC4
Minecraft PE
02-17-2013, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isilel View Post
Ghost Trick - what an amazing, criminally underrated game!

Final Fantasy III - my first FF and I really loved it.

Back then, when they were new and expensive I also bought The Quest and Puzzle Quest 1 (which is sadly no longer on the Appstore) and enjoyed the heck out of both. In fact, I still fire up PQ on my old iPod from time to time.

Chaos Rings 1 and Omega I bought for 4-5 bucks on sales, so they were not really iOS-expensive for me. Liked the first a lot back then, but unlike the previous probably wouldn't enjoy it so much now, when there is so much quality JRPG competition. Disliked the second.

TWEWY and FFTactics are sitting on my iPad and waiting for their turn, while BG (if only it had iOS 5.1.1 compatibility at Christmas!), The Walking Dead, Ravenmark, FFIV and King of the Dragon Pass are earmarked for future purchases.

How the heck did you get an earmark into your iDevice?

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-17-2013, 09:04 AM
ReRave, I think I spent over $30 for all the songs.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
02-17-2013, 09:34 AM
Dead Space
Nova 2
Real Racing 2
World of Goo
Plants vs Zombies

Not really that expensive at all, but top of my head these are the ones that i've paid full price for (i.e. more than $3), almost all my other games are 1-2$

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs
02-17-2013, 10:22 AM
heroes of online and chaos $325 but worth it for me.
02-17-2013, 10:27 AM
I forgot baldur's gate, walking dead and duels of the planeswalkers
02-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
heroes of online and chaos $325 but worth it for me.

Oh, yeah, around $80 went in from me, but I am playing this since release.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.