Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-16-2013, 10:22 PM

I'm curious how this one goes, ready to pull the trigger if feedback is positive.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:25 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Sorry guys I don't have a capture card so that's a no go on my end!

As for the game: I have to say it is a very polished looking game! Well coming from a relatively unknown developer, at least one I've never heard of before, it is a solid looking good, with great texture and model work. The game looks crisp in every aspect except in the animation apartment, from the movement of the characters, to the flatness of the world. These are personal gripes though and can be fairly overlooked the otherwise great polish in style, presentation and art direction this game has!

The gameplay consists of the player going to different areas of the map and battling what is essentially bosses. Tap on te map location, a quest description with the reward description and story flavor text pops up as well as a difficulty toggle. tap the mission and you are taken to a short cinematic and loaded into the arena area where must fight the boss to the death! You are motivated to do so by rewards such as armor, weapons, and other goodies as well as upon defeating enemy you can also earn cards which can be used to put into empty slots for special attacks. The system is pretty self explanatory and straightforward but there is a user guide provided with in the game that explains the generalities of what everything does and it's purpose.

My only gripe would be on the issue of controls. They take a little getting used to it first with dual analogs for movement and looking, the ring of of buttons for special attack moves, and having to swipe and to tap in order to attack and block respectively. I wonder if a better control scheme could have been presented for this game, and the lack of the ability to dodge seems like a missed game design choice.

Otherwise I would say it is a fun game with a little work to get used to the controls. I don't regret spending the money on it as I had my eye on this one a while back, and aside with my slight qualms with the controls it seems a solid game. I will need more time and more battles to comment on the difficulty (of which there seems at least two per stage, prompting replayability at the harder go) and enemy challenge, but as of now it is a fun little game!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:48 PM

Cant see it in the philippine app store. I thought it is now available worldwide
Old 02-16-2013, 11:22 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Well I'm gonna see how this goes, impressions soon!
Old 02-16-2013, 11:42 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall101403 View Post
Cant see it in the philippine app store. I thought it is now available worldwide
Same... Not in the PH appstore, but good thing i still ave $19 on my US account so... Downloading!
Old 02-16-2013, 11:50 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Apparent gameplay video found on YouTube...

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 02-17-2013, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Ohh hope it plays on touch 4 this looks sweet.
just crashed on my ipod touch 5

Edit : Sorry I Forgot To Close My Apps On Background Thats Why It Crashed Its Working now

Last edited by adriilabsjoy; 02-17-2013 at 12:12 AM..
Old 02-17-2013, 12:02 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

It looks gorgeous, and it appears the devs spent a lot of time getting things right, but I worry how smooth and playable this is even on iPad 4. I'm hoping it's not a game that's waiting for next year's iDevice to work well.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:05 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
It looks gorgeous, and it appears the devs spent a lot of time getting things right, but I worry how smooth and playable this is even on iPad 4. I'm hoping it's not a game that's waiting for next year's iDevice to work well.
I'm playing on an iPad 3 and haven't had any issues really... The occasional slight frame drop but nothing deal breaking.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:13 AM

it says 'optimized for iphone 5' but not on ipod touch 5 urgh

Last edited by adriilabsjoy; 02-17-2013 at 12:36 AM..