★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Wanderer: War Song [Universal] Unreal Engine 3 Powered ARPG

02-20-2013, 04:09 AM
Check out their facebook page. They respond to most comments on there.
They have said that if nobody likes their controls they will change them.
02-20-2013, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danz060391 View Post
Check out their facebook page. They respond to most comments on there. They have said that if nobody likes their controls they will change them.
I don't use Facebook, so thanks a lot for the info.
Just had a look at their page, and I could not find this statement. Also, "if noone likes it we will change it" is quite different from "yes, we know some of the stuff is really low quality and we absolutely need to improve it" .
What comments I read here does not come down to preferences (e.g. swipe controls vs. virtual stick), but to serious problems (e.g. with the camera) that really impede playability.

Sincerely hope they get this sorted out. The screenshots look bloody gorgeous, and their explanations of the story background are really interesting. I like it that they draw a lot from old Greek mythology.

02-20-2013, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyflychicken View Post
I did not pay 5 dollars to be a beta tester for an unfinished game. I think the company should offer refunds. Honestly, I wish this had been on Google, I would have had ample time to hit that button and not see my money wasted. I could have bought another board game app, or put it towards Ravensword or something better.

I'll admit, I was one that was duped by the nice screenshots. Buyer beware, there is barely a game or story there. I don't know how they think they can call this "Epic" story or gameplay.
Please don't waste your hard earned on Blandsword 2. It's all flashy gtsphical effects and no trousers ie quests / lore / an interesting populated world. You would be better playing the Quest Gold if you like turn based. Imo.
02-20-2013, 05:32 PM
damn, looks like it had great potential.. shame about the issues! Wont be picking this up now..
02-20-2013, 10:41 PM
Hi everyone, thank you very much for your attention to Wanderer: War Song.

Sorry that we failed to reply in the forum timely.
Our small team is busy with communicating with players, medias and game publishers, especially since the game launch.
Therefore, we recommend that you tell us about your suggestions or problems by emailing us to help@wsitech.com. This is our official email address, and we are always there.
We really appreciate and treasure every reply to us, and will consider every suggestion or opinion about Wanderer: War Song.

About the device supported by Wanderer: War Song:
Graphics of Wanderer: War Song has requirement to hardware. Our test tells that the game is unstable on iPod Touch for shortage of device memory. We will make sustaining improvement to the game. So please understand us, thank you very much.

For the controls problem, I've collected all the feedback and suggestions and delivered to our Dev. Sector. Our original intention is to provide a much freer game operation in fighting with golems. We will seriously consider your suggestions and make proper adjustment.

Thanks again~~

Wanderer Team
02-20-2013, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer: War Song View Post
Hi everyone, thank you very much for your attention to Wanderer: War Song.

Sorry that we failed to reply in the forum timely.
Our small team is busy with communicating with players, medias and game publishers, especially since the game launch.
Therefore, we recommend that you tell us about your suggestions or problems by emailing us to help@wsitech.com. This is our official email address, and we are always there.
We really appreciate and treasure every reply to us, and will consider every suggestion or opinion about Wanderer: War Song.

About the device supported by Wanderer: War Song:
Graphics of Wanderer: War Song has requirement to hardware. Our test tells that the game is unstable on iPod Touch for shortage of device memory. We will make sustaining improvement to the game. So please understand us, thank you very much.

For the controls problem, I've collected all the feedback and suggestions and delivered to our Dev. Sector. Our original intention is to provide a much freer game operation in fighting with golems. We will seriously consider your suggestions and make proper adjustment.

Thanks again~~

Wanderer Team
Meh. Where's the story? Where's the ability to dodge or block? Where's a autolock.
In regards to the camera I get that you wanted a freer experience but we are in a locked environment with a giant boss. How free is it really?
It just feels massively unfinished and the screens and description are pretty misleading.

For what its worth I hope Gary got his boat

Every model of reality has margins where it begins to run out of explanatory steam, where we can see its problems and limitations
Frozen Synapse: Deputy
GameCentre: The Lost Deputy
02-20-2013, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Deputy View Post
Meh. Where's the story? Where's the ability to dodge or block? Where's a autolock.
In regards to the camera I get that you wanted a freer experience but we are in a locked environment with a giant boss. How free is it really?
It just feels massively unfinished and the screens and description are pretty misleading.

He got the boat but engine is seperate
02-20-2013, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
He got the boat but engine is seperate
Ha! Well I guess all of us (including Gary) learned a lesson. Wait and make sure the product is complete before laying down your hard earned.
The sad thing is that this hurts premium which I really want to support

Every model of reality has margins where it begins to run out of explanatory steam, where we can see its problems and limitations
Frozen Synapse: Deputy
GameCentre: The Lost Deputy
02-21-2013, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Deputy View Post

We can understand your feeling.
All these points are within our Dev. Team's consideration, and we will make proper adjustment to the game.

Would you like to send email to help@wsitech.com, for further communication with us?
Thanks!
02-21-2013, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer: War Song View Post
We can understand your feeling.
All these points are within our Dev. Team's consideration, and we will make proper adjustment to the game.

Would you like to send email to help@wsitech.com, for further communication with us?
Thanks!
No thanks
I'd rather post here and make sure that no one makes the same mistake I did. The only thing that will change the perception of the game is the features in the next update.
Speaking about the issues in public seems much more transparent as I'm sure you'd agree