Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-17-2013, 04:08 AM

Default Action Rider for iPhone/iPod

Hello Folks

Today FutecVisuals will present you our new arcade game

READY, STEADY, ACTION!

Are you ready for ActionRider?

Then grab this spectacular endlessdriver and go for it!

Motorcycle or car, it is your choice.
Dodge different obstacles and get ActionPoints as much as you can.
Go all out with firepower and shoot everything that gets in your way.

Collect coins for more Weapons and Upgrades to make the enemy cry!

City, Beach, Desert - it doesnt matter where, you got the skill to fight in this ultimate Highscorebattle until you are one of the best
drivers in the world!

✔ HD Grafik
Retina Display and iPhone 5 Widescreen Support

✔ 2 Control Options
Choose between tilt and touchcontrol with different sensitivities

✔ Different Vehicles
Choose between 6 different colours and types

✔ Different Weapons
Collect coins to get even better weapons and Power Ups

✔ 2 Leaderboards
Compete with the rest of the world via Gamecenter.
In Miles or ActionPoints.

And if you destroy something, dont feel bad. Just keep on doing it!!!

App-Store Link:

Screenshots:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 1.jpg (725.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2_en.jpg (700.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot 3_en.jpg (513.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot 4_en.jpg (735.6 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by CygnetSeven; 02-18-2013 at 12:36 PM..
Old 02-18-2013, 12:09 PM

Here are some codes for you

XYMKWMF3L4NH
Y4NJE44ATXER
TFXJ7Y3LJTKF
F9KAM33K6WKM

Be ready for Acton, Rider
Old 02-18-2013, 12:20 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

XYMKWMF3L4NH
Thanks !!!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:47 PM

Y4NJE44ATXER thanx
Old 02-18-2013, 02:13 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Other codes were snagged... oh well.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:09 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Ok, got the game and gave it a pretty solid run through. I skipped the tilt controls and went straight to the buttons. Overall the game is one big long (infinite) road. The only enemy I've seen so far is the helicopter. Beyond that two lanes... one with traffic coming towards you and the other going with you (though cars only appear from ahead, so no worries of being rear ended). There's one track of music that loops.

You can choose in the options to either be a motorcycle or car as well as pick the color (there are 3 colors). When the game starts it's just you on the road with some basic objects to avoid, it ramps up to include traffic going the same direction, then both lanes get active. There are pickups like a gun power up that turns on the gun button but also puts a timer on for better bullets. So once you get the gun, it's yours... but any special extra powerful bullets will be on a timer. Bullets are infinite so spam the button for em. There's a shield powerup on the same kind of timer, that pretty much lets you bump into anything on the track and destroy it though you don't get points for doing this, only for shooting other vehicles. There are coins to collect but these don't register for anything that I could see. There's not even a counter for them. I guess that's future content? Eventually the helicopter shows up. It drops mines to avoid. If you have the shield though then you can drive straight into the mines and it's all good. I don't think you can shoot the mines though. You have to shoot down the chopper to get it to go away... but it's pretty easy.

You aren't limited to the two lanes in a rigid kind of way... you get full control over where you are in the lane and can drive down the center of the road or where ever you want to position the car (or motorcycle). Same for traffic... it may be close to the center line or the outside line... or down the middle of the lane.

That's pretty much the entire game so far. Drive... don't die... it's a bit on the simple side. Distance and score are shown when you are in a game. both are supposed to be recorded on gamecenter, but the Action Point (score) is not recorded at all. So my score is zero though my top score was something like 30,000. If you die, it autostarts a new game too. Outside of GameCenter there doesn't seem to be a way to see past high scores (and again on GC only distance is currently being recorded). There's no pause button... but you can close the device and then it resumes when you turn the device back on... same for circle button'ing out and then opening the game again. That worked for a quick way to stop playing but not retire from the current game.

Overall, it's not quite there yet for the mainstream. But it's a good early start. I like the graphic style and how the roads change environments... but in the future it would be nice to transition to a highway with multiple lanes... or go offroad .. .or something to break up the monotony. Really once you start seeing the world backgrounds loop after a min or two... it starts to feel less like you are actually going anywhere. Foreground stuff is pretty fresh way into the game... but backgrounds would be a nice change... or make them much longer or something.

As it stands... the game needs updated, but I don't want to be too overly negative here since this could turn into something great if the dev is committed to refining the game and adding more stuff to make it competitive.

Oh and yeah, that's me as #2 on the distance leaderboard.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:21 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Have to agree with everything said above. I also think that the game lacks a much needed sense of speed. When you die, it really never feels because you couldn't avoid so etching, it is more of a feeling of the controls feeling sluggish in a way. At its best it is a minimalist lane runner that doesn't have much sense of speed. Like the above poster, I am not trying to sound harsh either but it needs just, well, more to it.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:16 PM

I thank you for the feedback we are working on it
Old 02-19-2013, 03:11 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Cool. Since it only takes up 14.3MB, I'm going to keep it around through the next update or so and see how it changes. I think potential exists that this could turn into a fun arcade like experience... though with the coins (currently useless) and stuff I'm guessing the goal is some kind of upgrade system or something. Though honestly... coins could go into boosting the overall score.

BTW, that 2nd place distance score was my second time playing the game. First time was with the motorcycle which I think is a little easier than the car... though not by much.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:07 PM

Alright the update for Action Rider has been submitted and should be available soon

With game improvements and a new enemy wich will make it harder to move forward

Stay tuned and enjoy