★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Bonsai Blast

12-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Bonsai Blast

Anyone tried this?

Which do you like better, Bonsai Blast or Blackbeard's Assault?
12-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
I've never heard of Bonsai Blast... But I've heard LOTS of great reviews for Blackbeard's Assault.

I think BA looks a lot better especially because it's $3 less than Bonsai Blast (for now).

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge

12-04-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm enjoying Bonsai so far, tho I'm on the earlier stages right now... I buy more games than my free time allows me.

Some highlights:

- Awesome graphics
- In some levels you can move your cannon (?) from one place to another in the board keeping the same color
- I've already saw walls to bounce the ball as well as level with canals to throw the ball (nice touches)
- Along with Adventure (I think 90 levels) there's is a Survival mode that keeps the time and high score for each level that you have already cleared in Adventure mode)
12-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
I'm enjoying Bonsai so far, tho I'm on the earlier stages right now... I buy more games than my free time allows me.

Some highlights:

- Awesome graphics
- In some levels you can move your cannon (?) from one place to another in the board keeping the same color
- I've already saw walls to bounce the ball as well as level with canals to throw the ball (nice touches)
- Along with Adventure (I think 90 levels) there's is a Survival mode that keeps the time and high score for each level that you have already cleared in Adventure mode)
How are the power-ups like?
Cause in Blackbeard's there's stuff like Bombs, scatter shot, riptide, and occasionally a dragon that comes out to clear half the board for you.
12-05-2008, 09:01 AM
The power-ups are grouped into different elements, with fire allowing you to shoot a ball which destroys the first ball it touches, water which destroys random balls, wind which causes the balls to backtrack. There's some other power-ups but not sure how they work. The power-ups are activated by matching balls with a glow on them.
12-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Bonsai is best

I actually own both games and I find myself playing Bonsai blast way more often. To me, it has more variety and challenge. Blackbeard is Zuma all over again which may be good for some people but Bonsai Blast has more creativity and looks a million times nicer.
12-09-2008, 06:19 PM
PS: Bonsai is new

I think Bonsai just came out, which is why you probably havent heard of it yet. I found it when I was browsing new releases.
12-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Just looking at the screenshots I like the way Bonsai looks better then Blackbeard. Although I got blackbeard for .99 and I don't plan on buying a clone for 3.99. I bet it will drop to .99 and I will get it.
12-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Bonsai BLAST looks better. I'm going to get it. Thanks.

Here's the link.

http://ax.itunes.apple.com/WebObject...5%2526mt%253D8
12-09-2008, 11:41 PM
I ended up purchasing and playing both - I really like Blackbeard, but I like Bonsai a lot more... there is more variety to Bonsai and it looks alot nicer.