Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 03-05-2013, 09:21 AM
Developer

Default Cloned game - "Operation wow" vs "Wow Operation"

Hi,

Our game "Operation Wow" has cloned with the name "Wow Operation" using the same graphics, menus, music, gameplay, icon, iTunes description even the screenshoots are the same.

I have reported to Apple 8 days ago but i still don't have answer about it and the cloned game is on the store

Any experience with something similar?

Our game:
http://ax.itunes.apple.com/us/app/op...417891479?mt=8

Cloned game:
http://ax.itunes.apple.com/us/app/wo...538927850?mt=8
Old 03-05-2013, 11:19 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

WOW - Operation was released in July 2012 and you only noticed it now?

Good luck with dealing with Apple. They will send the other developer an email (and frequent reminders) but in most cases refuse to themselves arbitrate anything. They will then send regular reminders but unless you yourself take legal action against the developer, they won't do much more.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:43 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arty Tales View Post
WOW - Operation was released in July 2012 and you only noticed it now?

Good luck with dealing with Apple. They will send the other developer an email (and frequent reminders) but in most cases refuse to themselves arbitrate anything. They will then send regular reminders but unless you yourself take legal action against the developer, they won't do much more.
Yes! Lot of months in the AppStore and we have detected it now
Old 03-05-2013, 11:58 AM

"Wanaka Mobile is a San Francisco based game company that specializes in premier game publishing."

its likely they may just be publishing for a third party have you contacted them direct, wanaka may simply have no idea its copied
Old 03-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCubes View Post
"Wanaka Mobile is a San Francisco based game company that specializes in premier game publishing."

its likely they may just be publishing for a third party have you contacted them direct, wanaka may simply have no idea its copied
Yes, I emailed them today. But... sincerely, It's hard to believe for me that they know nothing about Operation wow.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:28 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I thought the same as threecubes, there are over 80 apps on their website. This is really shocking and Apple needs to crack down on this quickly. There was another story like this on here. Can't believe people are taking all our hard work and getting a free ride.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:46 PM

well this sucks.. big time..

but then i take a look at both your websites and both of you have no proper imprint and no proper way to contact you legally (since you are in spain you are actually legally obliged todo so.. you can actually get a serve notice for a missing imprint/contact information on your business website within the eu (that can cost easily 4digits figure)

if youre doing a whois on the website you end up with better contact infos

so instead of using a wonky email form on a website who prolly ends in a mail trashcan somewhere in the digital world of ours.. it would be prolly the quicker solution to just call..

and ivan get yourself an proper imprint. legal regulations go both ways.

good luck to get this sorted
Old 03-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Developer

I don't understand. The ivanovich Games web have a really big button to contact us:
http://www.ivanovichgames.com/web/contact/
Old 03-05-2013, 05:53 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.Ugly View Post
well this sucks.. big time..

but then i take a look at both your websites and both of you have no proper imprint and no proper way to contact you legally (since you are in spain you are actually legally obliged todo so.. you can actually get a serve notice for a missing imprint/contact information on your business website within the eu (that can cost easily 4digits figure)
What EU rule are you referring to exactly? It may be the case in Germany, but it certainly is not the case in all the 27 EU States. Besides, if one is registered as a sole trader (or that country's equivalent), + given that what one is earning from sales is actually royalties from Apple rather than earnings in the traditional sense, one is not bound by the same rules as for other business types. Of course, this again varies depending on where you...
Old 03-07-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanovich View Post
Hi,

Our game "Operation Wow" has cloned with the name "Wow Operation" using the same graphics, menus, music, gameplay, icon, iTunes description even the screenshoots are the same.

I have reported to Apple 8 days ago but i still don't have answer about it and the cloned game is on the store

Any experience with something similar?

Our game:
http://ax.itunes.apple.com/us/app/op...417891479?mt=8

Cloned game:
http://ax.itunes.apple.com/us/app/wo...538927850?mt=8
Yes, the graphics from the two apps look the same.

Did you create these graphics yourself, or did you buy/acquire them from a 3rd party? People do sell
code and graphics for entire apps, so it is possible that two games can look and play the same way.
But, you haven't provided us with much detail about that.