★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ********************
The game that started the legend of DRAGON QUEST is here at last for mobile devices!
Discover the RPG that won the hearts of two generations!

Enter a fantasy world of sword, magic, and monsters in one standalone package!
Download it once, and theres nothing else to buy, and nothing else to download!

Prologue
The peace of fair Alefgard has been shattered by the appearance of the nefarious master of the night known as the Dragonlord, and the Sphere of Light which for so long kept the forces of darkness in check has been stolen!
Its time for you, a young warrior through whose veins flows the blood of the legendary hero Erdrick, to set out on a quest to vanquish the Dragonlord, and save the land from darkness!

Game Features
First in the Legendary Series
Originally released as Dragon Warrior, you can now experience the classic retro RPG experience that swept up millions of Japanese players back in the Eighties...and never let go!
Become the descendant of the legendary hero Erdrick, and embark on an epic journey through the historic realm of Alefgard, tackling fearsome foes and perplexing puzzles on your way to the dread Dragonlords lair!

Simple, Intuitive Controls
The games controls are designed to work perfectly with the vertical layout of any modern mobile device, and the position of the movement button can be changed to facilitate both one- and two-handed play.

Experience the legendary RPG loved by millions in Japan and worldwide! Created by a legendary trio with the master creator Yuji Horii, the revolutionary synthesizer score and orchestration by Koichi Sugiyama, and art by master manga artist Akira Toriyama (Dragon Ball).

--------------------
Supported iOS Devices/Operating Systems
iPhone 4 and Above/iPad/iPod touch (4th Generation and Above)
iOS5.1.1 and Above
09-10-2014, 05:08 AM
Ah, here we go. The saga begins.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

09-10-2014, 05:11 AM
I preferred an ff7 port, and the rest of the series that could, but i'd take any SE JRPG too.
09-10-2014, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I preferred an ff7 port, and the rest of the series that could, but i'd take any SE JRPG too.
In our dreams

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My art: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
09-10-2014, 05:19 AM
Just a gentle reminder: this game is 28 years old, basically the first JRPG, and it feels it. Keep your expectations at the right level.
09-10-2014, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Musgrave View Post
Just a gentle reminder: this game is 28 years old, basically the first JRPG, and it feels it. Keep your expectations at the right level.
Lol. This quote couldn't be more perfect!

Also, I'm really liking the portrait view of these games. It's something different.
09-10-2014, 05:54 AM
I remember playing this
"but thou must!" Lol

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Ravenmark:Scourge of Estellion Best TBS since Advance Wars http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/raven...6806?ls=1&mt=8
09-10-2014, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Musgrave View Post
Sounds like my cup of tea - 28 years old, retro heaven !

But seriously its good to see where this famous franchise started, the price is good, small size it seems, i'll be interested to play this. Presume it'll be very 'Ultima-ish' with the map/towns etc.
09-10-2014, 06:13 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to Zendorphin Send a message via Skype™ to Zendorphin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Ah, here we go. The saga begins.
*singing* A long long time ago, in a galaxy far away, Naboo was under an attack... *cough*
09-10-2014, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Funny you should mention that...

Back to Dragon Quest, as Shaun said, this game's the first proper JRPG game. Should I still try it? Square Enix are still gonna port the other Dragon Quest to iOS, so is this still picking up with them releasing?