App description: In the old days man tried to catch a glimpse of the future in the strangest of ways.

Experience the ancient Swedish phenomena of year walking through a different kind of first person adventure that blurs the line between two and three dimensions as well as reality and the supernatural.

Venture out into the dark woods where strange creatures roam, on a vision quest set in 19th century Sweden. Solve cryptic puzzles, touch and listen in your search to foresee the future and finally discover if your loved one will love you back.

Mysteries and clues await everywhere in Year Walk, but to fully understand the events that took place on that cold New Year's Eve, you will have to delve deeper than the adventure and lose yourself between fact and fiction.

For the complete Year Walk experience, or if you're curious about the folk lore on which Year Walk is based, we recommend downloading Year Walk Companion, available for free on the App Store.

"An iOS game like nothing else youve seen on the format to date.
This is a brave and truly original work"
Edge - 9/10

"Elegant and artful, Year Walk is an unmissable piece of work.
You can close the app and put down the phone, but the forest may spread beyond its glassy confines, its spindly, silver-skinned trees taking root in your own home, your own dreams."
Eurogamer - 9/10

"A game this distinctive, this different, this thrillingly new is the best possible demonstration of the formats versatility; indeed, of the narrative power of the interactive medium. Simogo has made something very special here."
The Telegraph - 5/5

"It's a gripping, somber, atmospheric, and elegantly-designed game, and everyone should play it.
I've never played anything quite like it."
Touch Arcade 5/5

"An incredible showcase for the potential of tablet games and will undoubtedly become influential over the next few years."
CVG - 9/10

"Simogo has packed Year Walk with a hefty share of spine-tingling jump scares, but its these external trappings that cause the games lore to get under your skin and stick with you long after your phone or tablet has been turned off."
Gamezebo - 4,5/5

"Year Walk is smart, thrilling, and absolutely stunningly crafted. It'll throw you for a loop, leaving you transfixed to the screen until you shake out all of its dark secrets."
Mac|Life - 5/5

"As with any good page-turner, you won't want to put this game down until you get to the end. It's quite a journey, too. Year Walk is a beguiling adventure, and a truly memorable experience."
Pocketgamer - 8/10

Sanuku's comments:

Year Walk Companion: https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/year-walk-companion/id597879895

02-20-2013, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
I don`t wanna shock you at all but if you have so far watched the recent released Trailers by Simogo you have already seen more of the Game then I have showed in 16. Minutes of Gameplay.

Haha, very cunning, Sanuku, but you're not luring me into watching your video now...

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-20-2013, 07:15 AM
Sanuku is right. I watched his video. You don't see much more than you've seen already in the trailers. No spoilers.

Playing: Bears vs Art, Devious Dungeon 2, Rad Boarding, Battle for Blood, Galactic Nemesis

02-20-2013, 07:47 AM
looks great, very soft animation style. if you don't want to see to much then the first 5 mins of sanuku vid is safe to watch. you get an idea of how it is to control the movemnet
02-20-2013, 08:44 AM
So how does the companion app work if you only want to play on one device? It looks like in the trailer that you have it on one device while using the other - good thought but is that practical? I know for me it wouldn't be as I would usually only be using one device at a time. I suppose you have to switch back and forth between apps? But the symbols look complex so again - how practical is this?
02-20-2013, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
So how does the companion app work if you only want to play on one device? It looks like in the trailer that you have it on one device while using the other - good thought but is that practical? I know for me it wouldn't be as I would usually only be using one device at a time. I suppose you have to switch back and forth between apps? But the symbols look complex so again - how practical is this?
i wonder if on an older device 3gs or 4g it may even close down the game if you switch between for memory requirements.
02-20-2013, 08:51 AM
I still wonder if this one is a must buy or not, so I'll wait for some people's impression.
02-20-2013, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
This is from Simogo on Twitter...

Yes - It's perfectly fine to play Year Walk and Companion on the same device, you won't need to constantly switch between them! And Yes - It's perfectly fine to only play the game. We have designed them so they can be enjoyed separately. With that said, we definitely recommend experiencing both the game and the companion. You will be glad you did!
02-20-2013, 08:56 AM
Holy mother or gawd I can not wait for this tonight. Curious what the companion cube has to offer, so I'll be downloading both.

MADE THE FRONT PAGE ON TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
True Words Spoken By The Great Crex.
02-20-2013, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdiss View Post
Okay free-to-play haters, time to put your money where your ass face is and support a 'premium' game like you always say!

Let's go Simogo! : )
I plan on it BTW we're not all a bunch of ass-faced, all-talk campaignists, we really do pay for games! My itunes purchase history is a few thousand paid, premium apps long. So you're damn right I'm gonna put my money where my ass-face is.

BTW I bought your music on iTunes at a premium price too, and my friends really dug it. Kudos

Game Center ID: Quazonk
Twitter: @GomeraMosking
02-20-2013, 09:18 AM
I'm still confused about what this game is about, but honestly, I'm gonna buy into the hype machine just 'cuz. I'd rather go into the game without a clue and unravel the mysery for myself.

Game Center ID: Quazonk
Twitter: @GomeraMosking