★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-20-2013, 03:56 PM
TA Plays Year Walk.

WARNING - this video contains spoilers, so don't watch if you want to experience the game without knowing anything about it.

02-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Well, I have already beaten the game like four hours ago and I must say I enjoyed it quite a lot. Its very atmospherical, very polished and beautiful. Although its extremely short and simple and I guess it took me about an hour to beat it with reading the companion notes.
I liked its folklore roots and fusion with reality. Dunno if its worth the money because it lacks content IMO, but it is a high quality one.
Well, I guess it matches my expectations fully.

02-20-2013, 05:43 PM
For those who have played it, how does this game compare to Simogo's other games? I played Bumpy Road but didn't find it particularly exciting.

Game Center: DustCloud13
02-20-2013, 06:08 PM
Downloading!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-20-2013, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustCloud13 View Post
For those who have played it, how does this game compare to Simogo's other games? I played Bumpy Road but didn't find it particularly exciting.
You can't really compare it to their other games or most games in general. The closest thing to it in terms of atmosphere and pace IMO would be Swords& Sworcery

Every model of reality has margins where it begins to run out of explanatory steam, where we can see its problems and limitations
Frozen Synapse: Deputy
GameCentre: The Lost Deputy
02-20-2013, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrozha View Post
Well, I have already beaten the game like four hours ago and I must say I enjoyed it quite a lot. Its very atmospherical, very polished and beautiful. Although its extremely short and simple and I guess it took me about an hour to beat it with reading the companion notes.
I liked its folklore roots and fusion with reality. Dunno if its worth the money because it lacks content IMO, but it is a high quality one.
Well, I guess it matches my expectations fully.

In 4 hours, you've didn't find a lot of contend, according to the devs.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-20-2013, 06:22 PM
Hmm, might have to pick this one up. Definitely like the atmosphere of this game.

Devices: iPad Air 2, iPhone 6 Game center ID: volcanopele Gameloft Live: amirani
Current Games: Ascension, Baldur's Gate, Don't Starve, Transistor, Geometry Wars 3, KotOR

Last edited by volcanopele; 02-20-2013 at 06:32 PM.
02-20-2013, 07:09 PM
Make sure you have enough space, this game expands to 807MB installed.
02-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Not sure if this has already been asked/answered, but why does the game only use such a small portion of the screen? Are we playing as Ned Kelly?
02-20-2013, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Not sure if this has already been asked/answered, but why does the game only use such a small portion of the screen? Are we playing as Ned Kelly?
Its cold and breezy. Your squinting

Every model of reality has margins where it begins to run out of explanatory steam, where we can see its problems and limitations
Frozen Synapse: Deputy
GameCentre: The Lost Deputy