App description: An ancient myth. A war among Gods. A lone hero.

The Gods is a mind-blowing action experience based on ancient Chinese myth. Play as humanity's last hope as peace and freedom has been lost. It's up to you to be the saviour in this time of sorrow.

This app offers in-app purchases. You may restrict in-app purchasing using your device settings.

MIND-BLOWING VISUALS
Developed using the groundbreaking Unreal Engine, The Gods is a visual feast. Featuring luscious landscapes, explosive action sequences, and highly detailed characters, The Gods will blow you away.

VISCERAL COMBAT
Use devastating attacks to destroy your enemies. String together lethal combos and use powers as you make your way through the mystic land in this epic adventure.

TRULY EPIC
The Gods campaign features 7 huge levels with hours of gameplay. Challenge mode has 11 levels for the truly hardcore heroes.

Game Features
Created with Unreal Engine 3.
Gorgeous graphics you won't believe are running on your mobile device.
Two deep game modes for hours of gameplay.
Character unlocks and upgrades.
Epic, legendary storyline based on an ancient Chinese myth.
Universal: Works on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.

Important Consumer Information. This app: Requires acceptance of EA's Privacy & Cookie Policy, TOS and EULA. Contains direct links to the internet.

Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
Privacy & Cookie Policy : http://www.ea.com/privacy-policy
EULA : http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/OTHER/
Visit http://www.chillingo.com/about/game-faqs/ for assistance or inquiries.

EA may retire online features and services after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates

Sanuku's comments:

02-20-2013, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Im scared about the $1 price tag.
Me too,Thats my only concern.Hopefully the low cost doesn't hinder what should be a very good game.

Anticipating:"Death Road to Canada", "Implosion", "Don Paccin","Space Noir", "Zed", "Rex Rocket", "Supermassive", "Sproggiwood", "Arecibo Man", "Gekido", "Trail by Viking, "Crashlands", "Eisenhorn", "The Soul".
02-20-2013, 07:31 AM
In the game listing, it has character unlocks and upgrades. Those will be IAP and maybe something in game to do them. That's my prediction.

Gamecenter: F34RTEHR34PER

02-20-2013, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Maybe its the launch price. Besides its just 99 cents
I hope so.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-20-2013, 08:16 AM
There's no catch guys. Give me a few minutes to finish typing up some impressions.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
02-20-2013, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
There's no catch guys. Give me a few minutes to finish typing up some impressions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQGbQ...layer_embedded

not sure what to think about this trailer
02-20-2013, 08:20 AM
Quote:
There's no catch guys.... <-- That's the very thing i needed to hear.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-20-2013, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy...

If you're saying there are no hidden "reasons" this game is a DOLLAR?

Ho-lee CRAP.

DBC

I give up.
02-20-2013, 08:40 AM
I'll be honest here and say this was probably my most anticipated iOS title ever. God of War (next to Mortal Kombat) is my favorite video game series, so the mere thought of having something like it on iOS was driving me batshit crazy. I've spent the last 2 and a half-or-so hours with it non-stop. What's the verdict?

If it looks, sounds and plays like God of War, it must be God of War, right? Not at all, really. Once you get past the obvious similarities to the GoW games, what you have here is truly, truly awesome.

Right off the bat: While The Gods does indeed have a storyline, this isn't an adventure game in the same vein as God of War, Dante's Inferno or Devil May Cry. If that's what you want, you're better off sticking with Wild Blood. It certainly isn't an ARPG or Diablo-like, based on some comments in this thread and the "Upcoming" one. It is however, by far, the best brawler on iOS. Whenever we get an old-school 2D brawler, it's always the same routine. Whether it's shallow gameplay, no upgrades or bad controls, it just seems like no one's ever satisfied. That's where The Gods comes in.

If you've cringed every time you've reached one of those parts in Devil May Cry or God of War where an area is blocked off and you can't continue until you've beaten every last enemy, you probably aren't the biggest brawler fan. That's essentially how Streets of Rage, Final Fight or any of the other old-school fighters played; beat a bunch of guys, an arrow flashes, you move forward into a new area...right? Did you grow up loving those games? That's exactly how this plays. It feels like a bunch of 16-bit era games hopped into the DeLorean and paid a visit to Kratos who happened to be in the middle of a massive boss fight. It's bloody fantastic. As long as you aren't expecting puzzles that sprawl over half a dozen areas, platforming segments (well, there are a couple so far...very minor though), pulling levers left and right (one so far) and quick-time events, you will absolutely love this.

Hats off to Calvi Games. This whole thing would've been a trainwreck had the controls sucked. They're spot-on and just keep getting better as your (huge & upgradable) repertoire of moves increases. It's astounding how well this plays on a touchscreen and obviously the game benefits from not having platforming segments and whatnot.

Hmmm...what else? If you're concerned about the length, these levels are MASSIVE, there are 3 difficulties, 11 "Challenge" maps, the game is iPad retina enabled and yes, it does have IAP. That said, the game's very generous with it's droppings (that did not turn out right, did it? ) and you're never pestered into buying anything. Any IAP is just to upgrade faster or to restore health and whatnot, but if you've been playing video games for more than a fortnight, you'll be fine. There are a couple of characters who I assume can only be bought through IAP, but seriously...if you're complaining about that when you paid a buck for this, shut up.

Am I ultimately disappointed I didn't get God of War on iOS? Well, let's just say that if this had turned out to be another Wild Blood, I would probably be kicking myself in the head. Instead I got a modernized old-school brawler...something I've been itching to play for years.

Kudos to Chillingo for "importing" this one. Seriously worth the wait. Love it!

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 02-20-2013 at 08:56 AM.
02-20-2013, 08:42 AM
You've sold me Metalcasket. This has gone from something I might have a mild interest in to a certain buy.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
02-20-2013, 08:46 AM
Quote:
"Streets of Rage?" "Final Fight?" Great controls? Relatively optional IAP?

[Cue "Jesus Rays" bursting from the clouds, angels singing, harps playing...]

We have a winner!

Thanks for the imps, mc!

Now if you'll excuse me...

DBC

I give up.