★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-20-2013, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
So is there only 4 classes to choose from, or is there even classes? Is there loot that is equippable and changes your appearances?
Sort of. You start with a magic caster,healer and attacker(like a knight) then you gain bosses (3 as of now) first one is a character who has good defense
02-20-2013, 11:01 AM
Game Impressions

After playing the first stages, this game is actually quite good. What I love the most is the graphics. I'm loving the manga style art. The battle mechanics don't stray too far from battleheart.. In fact, they are actually similliar, but the manga style add a nice touch to this.. There is 4 equipment you can equip to one character at a time, 1 slot for weapon, 1 for armor, and 2 for accesories and you can buy the equipment at the store or by receiving them as battle reward.. Sadly, this equip only changing stats and don't change the character appearance.. You start off with 3 characters and you'll requit additional characters by defeating boss characters.. The difficulty of this game is average and money drop is generous.. I'm only at the first boss so I don't know what kind of character you can get.. One more great thing is there is no iaps at all!!

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy Record Keeper (ID: ereE, Sentinel Grimoire), Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2
Officially moved to android

02-20-2013, 11:07 AM
Is there anything that differentiates this game from Battleheart, other than the art style? If the classes of the characters you unlock play differently enough, I'd be interested-- but I think I'll wait on further impressions before committing.
02-20-2013, 11:08 AM

Thanks for the imps Chaos and Bram!
02-20-2013, 11:13 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Widescreen support?
02-20-2013, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Widescreen support?
Yes, widescreen is supported

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy Record Keeper (ID: ereE, Sentinel Grimoire), Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2
02-20-2013, 11:23 AM
At this point, I just have 4 characters, tanker, healer, melee, and ranged.. Doesn't know what classes other bosses are.. I forgot to mention, there are many skills in this game, and the skills is different each characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzpha View Post
Is there anything that differentiates this game from Battleheart, other than the art style? If the classes of the characters you unlock play differently enough, I'd be interested-- but I think I'll wait on further impressions before committing.
For what differentiates this from battleheart is the skills.. Each character has its own unique skill sets so unlocking character is fun! The thing is, to travel to another point, you must battle at the point between your destination point and your current point.. But for me, that's fine, meaning more battle and more items to get I'm enjoying the battles so far..

Last edited by chaos_envoys; 02-20-2013 at 11:44 AM.
02-20-2013, 11:43 AM
Hihi

Hi TA forummers !

Thanks for your interests in West Legends !!

My name is Andy and I am the developer of West Legends. I was just writing my final post in the "UpComing iPhone game section" and chanced upon this post, haha! Thanks to Chaos_Envoy for helping to create this thread

I have quickly read through the threads and will quickly summarized some answers.

- The game has no IAP, Pay Once Play Forever
- Its can be played on all iPad models. For iPod/iPhone, it requires at least generation 4 models and above.
- Yup, the battle screen are optimized for iPhone 5 screen. We actually made a decision to delay the game launch for this to happen

Please let me know your feedbacks or any questions. I will try to answer them as soon as I can. Please enjoy the game
02-20-2013, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by axionlogic View Post
Hi TA forummers !

Thanks for your interests in West Legends !!

My name is Andy and I am the developer of West Legends. I was just writing my final post in the "UpComing iPhone game section" and chanced upon this post, haha! Thanks to Chaos_Envoy for helping to create this thread

I have quickly read through the threads and will quickly summarized some answers.

- The game has no IAP, Pay Once Play Forever
- Its can be played on all iPad models. For iPod/iPhone, it requires at least generation 4 models and above.
- Yup, the battle screen are optimized for iPhone 5 screen. We actually made a decision to delay the game launch for this to happen

Please let me know your feedbacks or any questions. I will try to answer them as soon as I can. Please enjoy the game
Sold, especially the iPhone 5 part
02-20-2013, 01:38 PM
Is this based on the Legend of The Mokey King: Journey To The West?

In the vid are characters named "Sanzo" and "Goku", if I remember correctly. They were in Sayuki.
And Goku rings a bell.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 02-20-2013 at 01:46 PM.