★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Coast Guard $0.99

07-06-2009, 01:48 AM
Coast Guard $0.99

itunes link - 99 cents

Coast Guard

A pack of terrorist ships launch attack on a far distant small island, sovereignty over which is disputed among neighboring nations.
You, the ace Coast Guard, must stop them.

Shoot them down before they sink your boat and supply ships which drop more power and better weapons when they land safely.
As your enemy grow stronger, you'd better take best advantage of the supplies to have a better chance of surviving.

Coast Guard game features:
- Incredibly simple but amazingly engaging shooting action.
- 6 different enemy types : Torpedo, Patrol Boat, Corvette, Frigate, Destroyer, Cruiser.
- Special weapons and items for better gameplay :
Death Blow, High Angle, Speed, Power Rocket, HP+, Fast Move, Shield...
- Beautiful graphics and animation.

All aboard and get ready for some non-stop action!

Aim for a new personal best or compete with other Coast Guards.
(Online scoreboards will be available with an Internet Connection soon)

Last edited by Devilishly Good; 07-15-2009 at 10:52 AM.
07-06-2009, 01:51 AM
Send a message via AIM to kohjingyu
The art style is cool.

07-06-2009, 01:51 AM
It looks like a "moving" tower defense game.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
07-06-2009, 02:05 AM
The dev has a pretty useless site. It's just a blog that's half in Japanese with no email address.

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper
07-06-2009, 02:08 AM
yup, i was going to take the leap but seeing the crap site, i am no longer going to do so. i'll hold out for a video, or whatnot. a dev using blogspot not only to make the site but to host it = no good. for 6 dollars you can buy a domain for a year and host it. shows very little credibility.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
07-06-2009, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
The dev has a pretty useless site. It's just a blog that's half in Japanese with no email address.
It's Korean.
07-06-2009, 02:18 AM
wow that looks pretty cool!

Founder of Sgarrista Air Brigade
Devs, if you want reviews click here!
Yep, I'm a Brony
PSN: AeroFlare7221
07-06-2009, 02:31 AM
I just tried this, and it's not bad. Basically, you have a boat that you can drag similar to what you would do in Harbor Master except in this case the objective is to destroy enemy ships. You destroy enemy ships by tapping on them, and then your boat launches missiles at them. Of course, your boat can also be attacked and a healthbar indicates the level of strength. The mechanism works pretty well.

The hitch to the game is that supply ships are enroute to the island. Your objective is to destroy enemy ships before they destroy those supply ships. The catch is that your missiles can also accidentally destroy them. These supply ships can also provide perks to your boat in the form of health, speed, and shields. They also provide different weapons in terms of speed bombs, power bombs and aerial bombs that can fire over the islands.

I think it's a nice take on the Harbor Master-type games by adding a shooting element.
07-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
I just tried this, and it's not bad. Basically, you have a boat that you can drag similar to what you would do in Harbor Master except in this case the objective is to destroy enemy ships. You destroy enemy ships by tapping on them, and then your boat launches missiles at them. Of course, your boat can also be attacked and a healthbar indicates the level of strength. The mechanism works pretty well.

The hitch to the game is that supply ships are enroute to the island. Your objective is to destroy enemy ships before they destroy those supply ships. The catch is that your missiles can also accidentally destroy them. These supply ships can also provide perks to your boat in the form of health, speed, and shields. They also provide different weapons in terms of speed bombs, power bombs and aerial bombs that can fire over the islands.

I think it's a nice take on the Harbor Master-type games by adding a shooting element.
Sounds like The Battle of Pirate Bay, but with supply ships instead of medics.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
07-06-2009, 10:50 AM
seriously how many more people are gonna copy harbor master... im not even gonna try this one