Best Side-Scrolling SHMUPS?

02-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Best Side-Scrolling SHMUPS?

Was wondering what your best side-scrolling shmups are. Im in the mood for some side scrolling.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Personally, I like Syder Arcade HD, Dariusburst SP, Toon Shooters and Space Tripper (although that last one is more of a sidescroller contained in an arena space). There's always Deathsmiles and older classics like R-Type.

02-22-2013, 06:50 PM
Deathsmiles, blazing star, space tripper, dariusburst, vritra, snyder, toon shooter

See this thread

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...ht=cave+shmups
02-22-2013, 09:21 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to dariusjr98
This seems like a good time to recommend Apocalypse Max, with their promo and all.
02-23-2013, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusjr98 View Post
This seems like a good time to recommend Apocalypse Max, with their promo and all.
Sure, but it's not Shmup...

Exact-Science, if you've got Gridlee, it's possible to use the filters to only show side scrolling Shmups.
Settings->Game Filter->Categories->Shooter/Horizontal

There's a lot of great side scrolling Shmups in Gridlee.

Examples are R-Type Leo, Pro-Gear, Air Buster, the Darius games, the Gradius series, Gradius PlayChoice 10 version is my favorite, be advised though, all Gradius games is seriously difficult.

There's loads more in Gridlee.

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland

Last edited by Bytebrain; 02-23-2013 at 01:38 AM.
02-23-2013, 01:32 AM
Funnest for me,

Deathsmiles on hdmi tv
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (292.6 KB, 8 views)
02-23-2013, 01:32 PM
Thanks guys... Currently rockin Deathsmiles and Darius Burst SP, and the funny thing is, I already have bought them (including some of those in the suggestions above), but deleted them off my library.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-23-2013, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Thanks guys... Currently rockin Deathsmiles and Darius Burst SP, and the funny thing is, I already have bought them (including some of those in the suggestions above), but deleted them off my library.
What? Those are probably the best two! Haha.

Here's a picture of a vertical shmup, Dodonpachi maximum when you have an urge for a good vertical shmup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (244.6 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Connector; 02-23-2013 at 02:09 PM.
02-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
What? Those are probably the best two! Haha.

Here's a picture of a vertical shmup, Dodonpachi maximum when you have an urge for a good vertical shmup.
Now, that's nice!

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland
07-10-2014, 04:50 PM
I'm looking for a good one side scroller shmup (not Bullet hell) that supports i5 devices. Just started Sine Mora and I'm finding it so far a little irksome due to the controls. Anyone know of Dariusburst is going to get i5 support?

Any new or hidden gems of side scrolling shmups anyone can recommend?