Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 02-26-2013, 08:42 AM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Default Real Racing 3 Tips Collection Thread: Maximizing Play Time for Minimal Dollars

Hey guys,

We're putting together a Real Racing 3 tips article for its US release with the theme of "Hey dudes, here's some tips to maximize your play time with minimal wait and investment." If you guys want to share your favorite tips, we'll include 'em in the article and give you credit for 'em. We're looking for stuff like "Don't bother with the timer to repair your headlights until you're done playing for a while as they can't break twice and have an incredibly small overall impact on your speed."

We've played a lot of Real Racing 3, but I always like including forum input whenever possible on stuff like this.

Thanks!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:02 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

To ease some of the maintence timer frustration, I usually service several car parts together even if they are still green, so when I return to the game I can race more the next time before servicing again. I also never service for just brakes, with assistance turned off, coasting around corners and speed control can easily win you the race.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:15 AM

I know it can sounds like joke, but play and do full service (if needed) before you go sleep. Aftet you wake up your garage is ready for racing

Rule N1 for me. Add as many friends on Game Center or Facebook as you can. You will earn more money than you would for winning race. More money, more cars you can buy, more time to race, less time to wait.

Last edited by FilipAGuy; 02-26-2013 at 09:20 AM..
Old 02-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Don't let your 2 year old play. Especially not with auto acceleration. That car will take weeks to repair.

All kidding aside, get 3-4 cars ASAP. You can play for long sessions after that point.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:23 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

The most important tip that I have is try to get 3 cars as soon as possible to counter the wait timers. Don't bother upgrading, repairing, or servicing your car until you get your third car. This way, you can switch cars once the lenghty wait timers hit, and you will enjoy the game alot more when you have 3 or more cars.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (294.9 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Connector; 02-26-2013 at 11:26 AM..
Old 02-26-2013, 11:23 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

when you buy the first car...go for the Nissan Silvia, because it accelerates faster and brakes better than the Focus RS, and then go on upgrading the car instead buying a 2nd car from that same tier...you should save up some money to buy a car from the next level tier of cars.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:52 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

1. Have at least three cars, but don't rush on buying them. Get the right ones instead.
2. NEVER use the Repair now button or other similar to that. Wait instead
Old 02-26-2013, 11:52 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Keep in mind that the 3rd, 6th and 9th race in a tier feature a car which is on sale 20% or so off. You only get this offer once each time, so plan ahead when you open more races.

Check in which other tier a car competes, too to get an idea how well it performs

Feature Events seem to offer significant sales for a week now
Old 02-26-2013, 12:46 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

•Always try at least 3 times to get a pole position. If you can't get it, then carry on. If you keep on failing events and you come to an eventual stop in cups, then try another one and save up for a lot of upgrades or the best car in the cup

•Switch to control B as soon as possible, as you can turn corners with just simply tilting your device e.g Indianapolis Speedway

•Don't feel pressured when it comes to the assists. Try one race a different combinations of assissts, and use the one that you are more suited to.

•Add Game Centre friends so you can gain more money

•Never over-estimate a corner. It will likey lead into a wall and your car will have to repair

•Try and get out of the way of AI as soon as possible. Try sliding through the sides. The first few corners can make or break a race, and if you get slammed by the car in front of you, you car will suffer

•Don't bother using gold-coins for wait timers. Save them up for cars or upgrades

•If you have money when a special car deal comes up, take it. When you unlock a race which is car restricted, it will come up with a one-time deal of 20% of. It might not seem much, but add in the benefits of winning the race.

Last edited by Hoggy110; 02-26-2013 at 11:29 PM..
Old 02-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

This may sound really stupid, but there are times that you may just want to cut through the grass to pass like 10 cars when the ai cars are getting bundled up. While your car will get a little damage from this, you may actually gain more money cause of placing, a faster time, and possibly less overall damage than actually passing the cars on the track. I know the expert players are gonna cringe from my remarks, but it is an option, and it works, especially for beginners.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (572.6 KB, 2 views)