App description: The new MUST HAVE game for iPad, iPhone and iPod players and critics are raving about this UNIQUE game!

"Blendoku stands out in a growing crowd of mobile puzzle games. The premise is unique and the game strikes a wonderful balance between simple gameplay and difficult challenges." - USAToday

*Over 10 million games played!*

Rated 5 stars all around the world!

Get it now and see what everyone's talking about!

A puzzle game that will challenge your ability to distinguish and arrange colors. The game is based on color principles and exercises taught in art schools around the world.

Try and beat the world average, beat your personal best, or go for a perfect score for those perfectionists out there!

Play through hundreds of levels with a wide gamut of difficulty (all free!). The game is perfect for kids and adults, casual users and experienced gamers alike.

Features:
* 525 levels free with a wide gamut of difficulty
* Compare yourself to the rest of the world
* Perfect Badges for Perfectionists
* Simple, intuitive touch controls
* Addictive gameplay
* Unique color strategy
* *hidden* 'Negative Mode' increases total levels to 1000+!
* Save level progress automatically!
* Check your score against the world average
* Simple Level pack +150 levels!
* Medium Level pack +150 levels!
* Hard Level pack +100 levels!
* Master Level pack +75 levels!
* FREE Winter Level pack +50 levels!
* Encore Level pack +150 levels!
* Encore 2 Level pack +150 levels!

"A brilliantly simple yet challengingly in-depth twist on classic Sudoku. An overwhelming number of levels with perfect gradation of difficulty. Multiple tracked stats and challenges available. Can play any level at any time and skip just as easily. IAPs are completely optional and actually beneficial; ads are barely noticeable." - Gamezebo

"Blendoku is such a unique and addictive experience" - Kotaku.com

"it's all fun, games and beautiful color." toucharcade

"Blendoku is one finely crafted logic puzzle game" Apple'n'Apps

"So addictive - 5 stars"
"Fun game! Absolutely love it! - 5 stars"
"We love this game! - 5 stars"
"The game is great. Never thought colors could be so fun. - 5 stars"

RodGreen's comments:
YouTube: video

Our new game is launching tonight (on Android also)! A new casual puzzle game based on color blends. Similar to games like Flow and minesweeper etc.

400+ levels (all free!)

It's free!! So make sure you get it and rate it
04-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Are you Colorblind?! Download Blendoku and find out! Or you can troll your colorblind friends!

Seriously though we've been getting great reviews but I'd love to hear what you guys think!

We're featured in the US App Store under New and Noteworthy! So check it out if you haven't already.

04-05-2013, 11:31 AM

Here a super fast solve of the Master Level 1 - there's a calming quality to this game even when speed up
04-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Look interesting, I think I'll give it a try
04-05-2013, 02:30 PM
this game is really fun! i love things like this.

i'm a pretty kitty cat
04-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Glad you guys are enjoying it.

We've been getting pretty great reviews in the stores, solid 5 star average!

We decided to run a bit of a competition to help promote the game a bit - prize is a 400$ video card

Check it out here:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...37#post2764137
04-08-2013, 09:49 AM
Here's my video on the game - http://youtu.be/JafRqyIC2-I and my download link - http://www.blendoku.com/share.php?UID=9LBwdU
I hope this helps spread the word.
04-09-2013, 09:39 PM
We've created a quick game play video for you guys to check out

Also we managed to bust into the top 100 free games on the US App store! (#77 iPhone and #62 iPad)

If you haven't tried it yet give it a go, we think you'll like it. We have been getting pretty amazing reviews (5 Star average with ~1300 reviews since Friday!)
04-12-2013, 06:10 PM
IAP or to not IAP that is the question

I posted a big of a rant on today's podcast (http://toucharcade.com/2013/04/12/th...m-it-with-you/) but I covered some of things I think we've done well with Blendoku so I'd thought I'd post it here.

Re: Blendoku Freemium/IAP

a) any purchase removed ads regardless of what you bought

b) no consumables - we sell solves that refresh daily. So if you buy +5 solves you get +5 solves each day forever.

c)over 450 levels all free

So if people enjoy the game enough you have the option to make it 'paid' buy removing ads and they get some extra solves for helping us.

The game is rated 5 stars (4.8 average with over 2000 reviews) not one mention of bad IAP or annoying paywalls and our conversion rate is also fairly high almost 2% on iOS and Android.

So I think there's a way to make free games survive longterm it's just implemented badly in some games which hurts everyone.

The other problem with free is incentivized downloads, this sounds like a good idea but then you're basically gaming the store.

Since the store is such an important factor for discovery games that offer incentivized downloads can enter and stay in pretty high positions in the charts without being a good game at all (Dentist Office https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dentist-office/id602967723?mt=8)

This hurts smaller indie games that rely on those positions to drive downloads.

I'd love to hear what people think about how we handled IAP and if they would have preferred to just have bought the game for .99c?
04-12-2013, 10:35 PM
so cool.i like it