Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-28-2013, 08:20 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Bobbing - [Little Bobby Games]

Hey Guys!

We are a small indie team of 3 that just released our first mobile game. If you liked any gravity shifting game you might want to check this out. I don't want to write too much up here but feel free to ask anything! Hope you'll like it.
(Free Version also available under the name of Bobbing: Get Addicted Edition. Which features 25 exclusive levels to this version. Here's the link Free Version! )

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Android version has been released a month ago and here's a review if you want more info. Review Here! It's with the old version but gives a good impression... I hope.

Next Update
- iCloud support
- Achievements

Future Update/Request:
- Endless Mode
- Challenges

Thanks guys!

If you want to follow us.
https://twitter.com/littlebobbygame
http://www.facebook.com/bobbinggame
http://www.littlebobbygames.com/

Last edited by LittleBobby; 03-27-2013 at 08:25 PM.. Reason: Added video
Old 02-28-2013, 08:23 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

wow... this one looks - great!

I have been trying to get more out of the... 5 minute 'flash game' type of gaming on my phone, but damnit - it's kinda hard to with all the great little casual score chasers on the iOS. =oP

Looks like my accounts another dollar down.

Here's the link to the lite version;
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bobbing-get-addicted-edition/id601826256?mt=8

and... first impressions - I'm only 4 levels in, but the mix of gravity shifting and polarity changing is great! I wouldn't really compare it to something like Polara... but more like Gravity Guy with a polarity aspect. You run through spinning stages while trying to collect all of the items while not touching the yellow parts of the level or running into walls. While doing this, you can change the gravity (though not in the air like Gravity Guy, don't know if this is because later levels are dependent on making and sticking with your gravity decisions or if it's something that will become frustrating, but I'm liking the no-grav-change-while-in-the-air) - and to pass through parts of the level (barriers/platforms) you'll need to change from blue to red and back again. Left side of the screen controls the gravity while the right controls the color.

Definitely glad I took a chance on it - looks like it's definitely a nice game so far.

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 02-28-2013 at 08:32 AM..
Old 02-28-2013, 09:12 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Thanks for such a fast impressions! Really nice to see this And edited my post accordingly regarding the Polara reference, also added the link to the free version.

By the way, the free version is waaaaay easier than the paid one.

Thanks again!

P.S. If it's not too late I posted some Promo code in the forum section about ... promo code!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:20 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I just tried the free one and I have to say, it's really great! I'll probably get the paid one later today. Two questions:

1. Does this have (or will it get) iCloud support? I loves me some cross-device syncing.
2. Could you consider an endless mode?
Old 02-28-2013, 11:02 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdiss View Post
I just tried the free one and I have to say, it's really great! I'll probably get the paid one later today. Two questions:

1. Does this have (or will it get) iCloud support? I loves me some cross-device syncing.
2. Could you consider an endless mode?

1. Never thought about it but will surely check it as soon as we can.

2. Already on the work
Old 02-28-2013, 11:43 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Played a lot of the lite version and enjoyed it quite a bit. Then I played the paid version and had to stop after five levels just to come here and say everyone NEEDS this game. Really awesome art style (I love the little touches like the bands in the bottom right jiggling when you change polarity) and the music is badass. The gameplay itself is phenomenal, especially (as mentioned earlier) if you liked Polarity or Gravity Guy. Setting the game in a giant spinning wheel somehow makes those mechanics feel fresh again, too. Man I'm just really digging this one.

Can't wait for the endless mode, and I hope you guys do look into iCloud. : ) Really fantastic job overall, especially for a first game! I can't wait to see what you guys do next.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:34 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Any chance you can make it so that you automatically sign into GC on startup instead of having to tap the GC icon every time you start up the game?
Old 02-28-2013, 04:05 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Any chance you can make it so that you automatically sign into GC on startup instead of having to tap the GC icon every time you start up the game?
Sure! We'll look into this early next week.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:14 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Right on. Thanks!
Old 02-28-2013, 09:04 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Got a code from the dev, and am loving this game. It's a great frantic platformer with a color switching mechanic (think gates) and gravity switching. Things get crazy when you start hitting multiple teleports in a level, as well as fast color switching.

I agree with synth in wanting GC to sign on automatically, like a lot of games do.

And also, the only thing this game is really missing is an endless mode. So that you're presented randomly generated levels that start off easy and get harder, maybe throwing in an additional color at intervals to up the difficulty.

Last edited by strivemind; 02-28-2013 at 09:09 PM..