★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Theme Park Madness 1.1: a New Experience

07-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Theme Park Madness 1.1: a New Experience

The new Theme Park Madness update has been submitted to the App Store and so I’d like to officially take the wraps off of every single new Theme Park Madness 1.1 feature for you, and I have great news: Theme Park Madness is practically a new experience!

In addition to the 6 new tracks that we are offering, we have reworked Washington and Africa, in addition to tweaked six other tracks to play better with our new physics engine!

The full list of goodies includes:
- 6 new tracks: Mars, the Moon, “Utopia”, “Far Far Away”, Russia, Greece
- 4 new audio themes
- rewritten physics engine (with features like the landing angle affecting speed and score)
- rewritten achievements system
- over 120 bug fixes
- smoother game play
- near-instant reload times
- 50% faster load times
- INSANE loops and track features
- higher frame rate (tested against the original iPhone, meaning iPod touch 2nd gen. and iPhone 3GS users will see even greater gains)
- more frames of animation for specific actions
- rewritten score engine

Check out some screenshots of our craziest track designs!

One of our more tame designs, this one would only be possible in the confines of outer space or, say, under water with the whales?

Ever seen a square loop? I don’t know about you, but I’d be more concerned with the intergalactic war going on in the background!

Just a taste of the kind of craziness there is going on with the Mars track. You have no idea.

Alright, one more little peek. Keep your acceleration up or you might not make it through the loops! Yeah, I said loops. Plural. Enjoy

Don't forget that you can continue following us on Twitter for all the latest updates, and of course, for all the intimate details, there is always the Movile BLOG!

You can get the app now, before 1.1 officially launches to the App Store and still get it for $1.99. When it releases to the store, the regular $2.99 price (which is still a steal, by the way) comes back. Stay tuned!

Last edited by movile; 07-06-2009 at 06:51 PM.
07-06-2009, 06:48 PM
cool, and this is why i bought this when it was on sale

07-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Sweet! It's been a long time comin' but it's good to see that it finally made it out the door and into the store. (Well, whenever the update shows on my iTunes anyway)

Plus, now I can officially say I've got two apps in the App Store I did some tunes for. (Gotta pad the CV...)

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

Last edited by Mindfield; 07-06-2009 at 06:50 PM.
07-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Love the 90 degree angle turns, like you said, definitely INSANE loops and tracks!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
07-06-2009, 10:23 PM
A lot of people gave us feedback that the levels were too easy to zoom through, and we've taken that feedback and made it so that none of the new levels can just be accelerated all the way through. There is skill required to get a high score. Even some of the original levels have been reworked and tweaked. Because of the new physics engine, some of the simplest tracks in 1.0 became more challenging in 1.1! Enjoy!
07-09-2009, 02:07 AM
Hello again everyone!

Just wanted to show you the new direction we're taking for the menu system, how to play, and about screens! I'm personally very fond of the general clean direction that we're heading in, so let me know what you think of it too! And there are still a few days to get in on our contest!

And since you see it there in the about screen, let's do a few shoutouts:

Eric March - a FANTASTIC audio engineer who really knows his audio and, like me, continues to take on waaaay too many projects because he just loves what he does. He created Frapstr, the free App Store review, and is on his way to global domination.

Mike Darmitz - an INCREDIBLE developer with a sense for design where no one would expect it. Read: he knows how to design some crazy coasters! He is very much responsible for the major reworking of Theme Park Madness that it took to get it up to the par that we wanted it at. And there's only room to keep climbing from here!

Enhanced Labs - an instrumental group to our success. They're a fantastic team of web design and development guys in Florida and do an incredible job every single day. Check them out: www.enhancedlabs.com

Last edited by movile; 07-09-2009 at 02:10 AM.
07-13-2009, 01:58 AM
I'm really enjoying this new update. Vast improvements, although I had already enjoyed the previous version! Good luck with the sales. Movile is a company I respect and your games are in instant buy for me.

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
07-15-2009, 05:25 PM
PhagoCychotic, thanks very much for the kind words! We're a little disappointed to see that, after a week in the approval process, the update still has not been approved for the store, but it is better than receiving a rejection letter!

Thanks to all who are being patient for this one! We've got plenty of great updates coming out soon!
07-21-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm happy to say that the update is finally live!

THEME PARK MADNESS 1.1 is officially here!

07-21-2009, 08:54 PM
This game looks awesome. How much is it?

beta test(ed/ing): Beseiged, Necromancer Rising, Fish Fun, Indestructible Tank, Twilight Golf, Undercroft, Transylvania, Above & Beyond Air Combat, Rune Mage, itunnel 3d, touch ko, robocalypse, arcana, finger physics, and spincrazy