★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Towelfight 2 : The Monocle of Destiny

02-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Towelfight 2 : The Monocle of Destiny

Hey guys!

We actually released our dualthumbstick face-shooter Towelfight 2 for both iOS and Android simultaneously, so it's up and ready to be thumbed to death over on the

google play store

You can check out the trailer below, and we've already had some good discussions over on the iOS thread if you want to see what's been said.

Youtube link | Pop Up

We've got another big content patch in the works that adds some more fun stuff to the game and also lets you swap the dual-thumbsticks to the bottom of the screen, as some people have requested.

The game is on sale right now at $.99, but will bump back to its normal price of $2.99 after tomorrow, so get it while it's hot!

We've been nominated by PocketGamer for Game of the Week, so if you like it it'd be amazing if you could pop over and give us a vote. EA's IAP-Happy Real Racing MUST DIE.

Last edited by bscotchshenani; 02-28-2013 at 01:40 PM.
02-28-2013, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bscotchshenani View Post
Hey guys!

We actually released our dualthumbstick face-shooter Towelfight 2 for both iOS and Android simultaneously, so it's up and ready to be thumbed to death over on the google play store.

You can check out the trailer below, and we've already had some good discussions over on the iOS thread if you want to see what's been said.

Trailer : video

We've got another big content patch in the works that adds some more fun stuff to the game and also lets you swap the dual-thumbsticks to the bottom of the screen, as some people have requested.

The game is on sale right now at $.99, but will bump back to its normal price of $2.99 after tomorrow, so get it while it's hot!

We've been nominated by PocketGamer for Game of the Week, so if you like it it'd be amazing if you could pop over and give us a vote. EA's IAP-Happy Real Racing MUST DIE.
I agree die RR just die lol

02-28-2013, 02:26 PM
I bought this game for Android and happily gave you a five star review on Google Play. This game is familiar yet original and I love upgrading my character. I wish the devs all the best! Now I've gotta go clear some more rooms
02-28-2013, 02:47 PM
Great job on the android version. I have a galaxy Note 2, and the game runs *wonderfully*. Really enjoying it, and I heartily recommend it.
02-28-2013, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josue85 View Post
Great job on the android version. I have a galaxy Note 2, and the game runs *wonderfully*. Really enjoying it, and I heartily recommend it.
Thanks a bunch guys. If you have any feedback feel free to slap it in here. We're working on the first fatty content patch and trying to hit the biggest gripes so we can make it more awesome.
02-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Controls

Quote:
Thanks a bunch guys. If you have any feedback feel free to slap it in here. We're working on the first fatty content patch and trying to hit the biggest gripes so we can make it more awesome.
My biggest gripe is the controls. As long as I keep my fingers on the screen they are fine. However when I lift my fingers for a sec then put them back down the controls sort of "stick" a little. I've adjusted to the controls by keeping my fingers on the screen, but it isn't really comfortable.

Other than that, the game is ridiculously fun!
02-28-2013, 05:03 PM
Yo! Seth here (The programmer guy).

We're getting lots of comments on the controls -- in fact, that seems to be the only major problem we have. We're scratching our heads trying to figure out what exactly it is, since everyone seems to describe the issue differently.

For starters, we're working on a patch where you can swap the base location of the Dpads to the bottom corners of the screen instead of the middle. Although we chose to put them in the middle because that's a more medically safe position to have your thumbs in (it's bad to have them curled up in the corners for a long time), people are just used to having them in the corners, so it feels weird to have them anywhere else. Plus on a bigger device it's a bit awkward having them in the middle anyways.

What if we had an option where you could make the Dpads "stick" to wherever you put them, and they would persist there for a few seconds after you release your thumb? That way you can release your thumb for a bit and then place it back down within a few seconds, and you don't have to hold it there forever to keep the dpads where you want them.

We're in a bit of bind when it comes to movable Dpads, because we also have a bunch of other GUI elements that you can tap, and it'd be bad if you dropped your Dpad onto one of those and then attempted to walk again.
02-28-2013, 06:07 PM
It sounds stupid, but controller support would be awesome.
02-28-2013, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingpinZero View Post
It sounds stupid, but controller support would be awesome.
Oh do we have surprises for you
03-01-2013, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Oh do we have surprises for you
Thats just so awesome. Thanks guys