★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Cyber Knights RPG (Trese Brothers)

02-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Cyber Knights RPG (Trese Brothers)

An Android exclusive which is in active development, as per the usual Trese Brothers' development routines, which are: launch a beta, engage with the community, update several times a week.

Play Store link for the regular version (Free)
Play Store link for the Elite version (Paid)

The free version doesn't have any ads, and allows you to play pretty much the game to completion. I know it has less content than the Elite version, but I can't say I know the details - less characters, weapons and equipment, I believe, and maybe some game modes?

It's basically a cyberpunk game, similar to ShadowRun, where you are a Cyber Knight, and play an in an open-world game taking missions for the various syndicates/factions in the city, hire other people to work with you, buy weapons, cyber implants, hack the "Matrix" to get access to secure data and then sell to potential buyers... It has an immense scope. The gist from the store is:

Quote:
The year is 2217 and the world is over. Mega-corporate CEOs shelter the survivors in vast domes that protect the world’s last cities. Across the shattered planet, the Global Matrix has been resurrected, reconnecting the scattered cities, criminal organizations and corporations. The global net’s return has reignited the fires of warfare amongst the corporations.

The old arms race has started a new, with each of the players vying for power. In this post-apocalyptic world, technological dominion and control over scarce world resources are all that matter to the power players.
In the cold conflict, the shadow soldiers are called Cyber Knights -- elite urban mercenaries paid in the backrooms of the metroplex to execute the dirty work of corporations, criminals, and gangs. In the dark shadows of the domes, Cyber Knights are expendable, deniable and effective.

Technology has changed everyone but most of all, Cyber Knights. To keep their cutting edge and extend their abilities beyond natural limits, Cyber Knights employ nano- and cybernetic implants.
In this sci-fi RPG, you take control of a skilled team of mercenary cyber-warriors, hackers, manipulators and assassins. Assemble, equip, and specialize your team in stealth, combat, and hacking. Wreak havoc across the mega-corporate landscape in turn-based tactical combat, or infiltrate the Global Matrix like a digital ghost.

Cyber Knights takes inspiration from ShadowRun and Cyberpunk – it will keep you plotting your next play for urban power! Welcome to a dystopian, dark future that you can explore, traveling across the huge persistent city of New Boston, featuring hundreds of shops, citizens, gangs, security forces, smoky backrooms and danger at every turn. If you enjoy adventure games and tactical RPGs with complex depth, you may enjoy this urban sci-fi RPG.

Over 520 unique zones and over 2200 battle combinations yield vast replay value. Pick sides in this urban battle and play as Hacker, Gun Slinger, Sniper, Cyber Sword or the fearsome Agent EX!

Featuring a professional soundtrack this cyberpunk tactical RPG is a hit with fans of Cyberpunk, Neuromancer and Blade Runner. Cyber Knights RPG is an animated turn-based tactical Role Playing Game (RPG) with a professional soundtrack made for Cyberpunk and Shadowrun players.

This animated RPG allows you to customize your Knight as a Hacker, Gun Slinger, Sniper, Cyber Sword, Face, or a fearsome Agent EX. Assemble a team of operatives around your leader who provide the muscle, the backup, and the specialty skills to complete any job. Build out your team with hundreds of weapons, armors, items and cybernetic implants.
It's a very good game, though some might be dissuaded by the art style, or being rough around the edges. That being said, I can't recommend enough all of their games - Star Traders RPG (which is also available on iOS), Cyber Knights RPG, Templar Assault, and their new Kickstarter for Heroes of Steel, which would be a similar fantasy-based tactical RPG, looks quite promising. They also react very well to the community, and include several of the feedback on their very frequent update.

And, as an added thing, if you buy the full version but don't like it, the developers provide their email addresses in the game description, and will honor any request for a refund after the 15-minute window Google allows. If that doesn't tell you how serious these two indie brothers are in terms of their commitment and love for their games, I have a hard time making my case

I'll try to create threads for the three of these games, though the gist will be pretty similar.

Hope this helps starting the discussion around these

Cheers,
Paulo

Last edited by pjft; 02-28-2013 at 04:22 PM.
02-28-2013, 07:26 PM
@pjft - thanks for getting the discussion going. Cyber Knights (and especially its art work) is getting a lot of attention and upgrades from the Trese Brothers right now (I am Andrew, one of the two on the team) as we have just released the Story: Made, Not Born which features 12 hours of content, unique characters, Runners, and Operations. Hope everyone will check it out and I will be around to answer questions etc.

We also have a fourth game in the works, if you check my signature!

Challenging Turn-based RPGs & Strategy Games - Trese Brothers Games
App Store
Steam
Google Play

03-01-2013, 12:23 AM
Thanks for dropping by Andrew, and thanks for elaborating on the game.

I know Cyber Knights RPG is one of the most promising games you're working on at the moment, given its scope and all the ideas you have for it. I know that I have played it in the past several times, but due to my limited time I end up never playing for long sessions. When I get back to the game a few weeks and several updates later, the game is already substantially improved.

Good luck with the Kickstarter!
03-03-2013, 03:45 PM
We've just released v1.0.7 to the markets. It's a major bug fix release and enhancements based on the the forum feedback. Thanks to all our community members requesting changes, new UI, and fixes.

v1.0.7 - 3/3/2013
- Fixed Small Screen Support in Hotels
- Fixed Matrix Access Crashes and Bugs
- Fixed TV DPI Support in MiniMap
- Ammo Warning Now Intelligent about Weapons
- Armor Displays Cyberware Upgrades in []'s
- Fixed Creating Allies from Runners XP cost
- Now Showing Faction in all Contact lists
- Improved Buying UI to avoid negative credits
- Improved Contract Generation Logic

App Store
Steam
Google Play
03-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Trese Brothers has just released Cyber Knights 1.0.9 to the Android markets. Please visit the game's web site if you are enjoying this turn based tactical RPG with cyberpunk storyline.

http://www.corytrese.com/games/cyberknights/

v1.0.9 - 3/7/2013

BraveStar Security Pass allows travel both ways through gate
Story MnB: Balanced job prices within the Tunnels
Story MnB: Heaven collects correct amount for bribe
Story MnB: new Yakashima Rifle for Free / Elite in Black Row
Major Help update for typos / info (thanks @jr8825!)
Add "Other" category for Contacts
Fixed Contact-Faction affiliation bugs
Updated all shop / encounter backgrounds
Updated map art for fences

App Store
Steam
Google Play
03-07-2013, 10:21 AM
I love when developers are active in the community, I will definitely be checking this out.
03-09-2013, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josue85 View Post
I love when developers are active in the community, I will definitely be checking this out.
@josue85 - Awesome. Then you'll hopefully enjoy the Trese Brothers and our games. We crank almost weekly releases with new content, feature, and bug fixes for all three of our games. Check 'em out!

App Store
Steam
Google Play
03-13-2013, 07:56 AM
Cyber Knights v1.0.11 was just released to the Android markets last night in part of a "triple-release" effort in which all three of our games received awesome new updates. We've continued doing work to balance the beginning of the story mode based on community feedback (introducing new weapons that were missing from the spread, fixing dialog, tweaking job prices) and are working hard to stream-lining the play experience, especially around contracts! Who doesn't love new guns? Enjoy!

Please Leave a 5 Star Rating if you enjoy this game
v1.0.11 - 3/X/2013
- Job Offer Screen Displays Region and Building
- Change "Center" icon in HUD to target
- Story MnB: Fixing new Rifle in Black Row (Free / Elite)
- Fixed Mar Faction "Info" button
- Updated all help file screenshots
- Devan's Bar Connector gives Yakashima jobs
- Typo and story dialog fixes
- Fixed Play/Pause Navigation Arrow Buttons

App Store
Steam
Google Play
03-13-2013, 07:59 AM
If you are interested in reading more about the depth of the Cyber Knights world, this post recently on our forum was a synthesis of answers to many different questions from the community. It really illuminates the depth of the world itself and how Cyber Knights stands apart from other cyberpunk games:

http://startradersrpg.proboards.com/...5&page=4#43491

App Store
Steam
Google Play
03-14-2013, 01:33 AM
Thanks for sharing - interesting read!

Actually, wouldn't you want to write some sort of epilogue short stories for the world? I noticed in the Heroes of Steel KickStarter that you sometimes had fun writing some small stories about the world and some of the characters...

Cheers!