★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Blocks2 is out (Lumines for the iPhone)

07-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Blocks2 is out (Lumines for the iPhone)

Blocks2 is out

Full version http://appshopper.com/link/blocks2
Lite Version http://appshopper.com/link/blocks2-lite

I have only played it a bit so far, but I am really getting that old-time Lumines feeling.

---------------------------------------------

INTRODUCTORY SALE: FOR THE FIRST 7 DAYS, BLOCKS2 WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR $0.99 ONLY!!!

Blocks2 is an exciting and challenging puzzle action game that is based on the concept of falling blocks.

The basic idea behind the game play is to group at least four equally colored squares on the play field by rotating and correctly placing a falling block. Once, a group of equally colored squares has been built, the squares are marked for destruction - in exchange for points! The more squares you manage to destroy from the play field, the higher your score will be.

Blocks2 features:
- 28 carefully designed levels to unlock, discover and master
- Each individual level comes with a special action or puzzle challenge
- An "Endless Mode", which gives you the chance to score the best high score and compete against your friends and other players via OpenFeint
- 4 hidden bonus levels
- More than 15 individual powerups and special squares
- OpenFeint integration with online high scores, achievements, chats and social networking capabilities
- Unique sound effects and musical tracks

07-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Looks like this one will be gone pretty quickly. It looks a bit too close to Lumines.

Galaxy Note 5, iPad Air 1

07-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagami_Light View Post
Looks like this one will be gone pretty quickly. It looks a bit too close to Lumines.
That's what I thought, but if you look at their web site, there are releasing for multiple platforms. Perhaps they got permission.

Michael
07-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Just got this and only had a chance for a quick go as I need to go to bed.

I'm impressed, though. The controls work very well which isn't always easy for a touch screen, and it definitely has that Lumines feel (which is a good thing).

It's on offer at 59p, so if interested now is the time to get it.
07-06-2009, 07:28 PM
i bought it and love it. the controls take only a few minutes to get used to and then its pretty much lumines on your ipod. sweet jesus
07-06-2009, 07:34 PM
We previewed it at STP a few days ago. The game is really fun and worth checking out if you like Lumines or Tetris.

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.
07-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Hmm, looks like a variation on Lumines. Is there a mode that makes it more like Lumines (with the line moving across)?

Still looks like a must buy for me... *sigh*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5A5K9W86zo

Last edited by MicroByte; 07-06-2009 at 07:47 PM. Reason: youtube
07-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STP_Tim View Post
We previewed it at STP a few days ago. The game is really fun and worth checking out if you like Lumines or Tetris.
Tatomic or this? Which is better?
07-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by learjetzoom View Post
Tatomic or this? Which is better?
Haven't played that one, but from the screenshots I would say this. The gameplay takes a little while to get used to but works great.

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.
07-06-2009, 07:54 PM
I've played tatomic a lot since I got it for free and have to say its quite a fun game. Plus its free now, so there really is no reason not to try it out for a few minutes to see if you like it. Definitely one of the better free apps out there.

This game also looks pretty cool tool. I may have to pick it up since its just a buck.

"I love escalators. They can never break. They can only become stairs." -Mitch Hedburg