★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Kingturn RPG Underworld (Mangobile) - strategy RPG

02-28-2013, 05:53 PM
Kingturn RPG Underworld (Mangobile) - strategy RPG

Kingturn Underworld RPG is an addictive turn-based fantasy strategy RPG which takes both wits and patience to be mastered.
If you haven't played any of our titles, yet, you might want to try the freemium version Kingturn RPG Plus first:

Kingturn Underworld is the 3rd installment of our Kingturn series and comprises a 67-scenarios campaign where you can take over control of undead and monsters.
Kingturn Underworld supports new character classes like Champion, Thief, Lizard, Demon, and Heretic, as well as new background tile sets and new sound tracks.
The campaign is and extended remake of our second game title 'Knighturn'.

Juliet, necromancer and daughter of Overlord Xanthus, finds herself forced to flee the Underworld after a rebellion of her father's minions. Struggling to survive on Andaria's hostile surface, she has to take unusual measures to get things under control ...

The game combines outpost conquering with tactical combat and a complex unit skill system.
Embedded in a compelling medieval fantasy story with quirky characters, the player can delve into this old school tactics RPG for many hours.

If you are new to our SRPG series, you might want to watch the video tutorial first:

Offline Strategy RPG

Game play
- Many hours of addictive and challenging game play in 68 scenarios

- More than 40 character classes like Skeleton, Death Knight, Undead Mage, Heretic, Fury, Murderer, Vampire, Necromancer, Skeleton Champion, Bat Rider, Giant ...

- More than 60 class skills like 'War Cry', 'Chaos Storm', 'Stealth', 'Lightning Bolt', 'Living Bomb', 'Inferno', 'Whirlwind', 'Raise Undead', 'Drain Life', 'Blood Bolt', 'Firestorm', 'Spin Attack', 'Arrow Hail', ...

- More than 700 items (weapons, armor, amulets, rings)

- Battle drops, treasure chests, and scenario rewards

- Conquer outposts and face a challenging enemy AI (Artificial Intelligence)

- Level up an army which is carried over from scenario to scenario

Youtube link | Pop Up

Formerly Knighturn on iOS.

Last edited by undeadcow; 02-28-2013 at 05:57 PM.
02-28-2013, 06:25 PM
Oh, wow - your descriptions are certainly fancier, with videos and pictures... Need to add these to the ones I created

I can say that the Kingturn series is quite a good one. I have all three, and I'm playing Kingturn RPG Plus first - which chronologically is meant to be the first, a remake of SwEAr (or whatever the name of the game was ).

Excellent developer support, fun games all around - and undeadcow was also a fervent supporter of them in iOS, so these updated versions with better graphics and a finer game balance are really the way to go.

Thanks for creating these!

Last edited by pjft; 02-28-2013 at 06:37 PM.

02-28-2013, 11:42 PM
Friendly bump to strongly recommend the Mangobile games (Kingturn, Kingturn Plus, Kingturn Underworld) to our Android friends.
03-05-2013, 11:41 PM
I really like playing those games. It's a shame they pullled the original Sw&Ear and Knighturn from both the appstore and googleplay.

Favorite mobile RTS: Autumn Dynasty, Amoebattle & Red Conquest
Great TBS/SRPGs: Wesnoth, Battle Academy, Kingturn, Pantheon Cycle, Dungeon Crawlers, SW&E, Viking Lords, Metal Brigade Tactics, Tactical Soldier, Ravenmark, Tactics Maiden and Banner Saga
04-02-2013, 06:47 AM
Originally Posted by Marcus70 View Post
I really like playing those games. It's a shame they pullled the original Sw&Ear and Knighturn from both the appstore and googleplay.
Hi Marcus70,

Allow me to do some shameless self-advertising first and point out that we will publish Kingturn for iOS on April 12.

Initially we had planned to make a major update to our first two titles Sw&Ear and Knighturn, so our players could benefit from the many improvements we have introduced with our third title Kingturn RPG.
But due to the many changes we had done in Kingturn, it turned out that Kingturn was vastly incompatible to our first two titles (e.g. save game format).

We also ran more and more into technical problems with Sw&Ear and Knighturn, mainly because those games had been initially developed for Java ME, and the underlying game engine was just not designed to support the screen resolution and density of the latest devices any longer.

So we've decided to entirely remake Sw&Ear and Knighturn instead, and add / modifiy a few scenarios as well:
- Kingturn RPG Plus is an enhanced remake of Sw&Ear - Tales of Andaria
- Kingturn Underworld is an enhanced remake of Knighturn

You can find a list of all improvements we've done in Kingturn RPG here:
What's new in Kingturn

If we are lucky enough to attract some interest in Kingturn RPG also for iOS, we will bring over Kingturn RPG Plus and Kingturn Underworld to iOS as well.
04-02-2013, 11:20 AM
I'm installing Kingturn RPG Plus as I type this. I'm really impressed by the easy to understand UI and layout for a SRPG in the gameplay video. Thanks for posting about this series, I had never heard of it and have been wanting to play a SPRG for awhile now.
08-27-2014, 09:21 AM
A successor to the Kingturn games (new game from same developer) is launching on August 28th... Tactics Maiden: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=240795
10-09-2014, 08:11 AM
Kingturn was awesome, just awesome

Master the elements, increase your power
the online trading card game http://www.moonga.com