★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Kingturn RPG Plus (Mangobile) - strategy RPG

02-28-2013, 05:55 PM
Kingturn RPG Plus (Mangobile) - strategy RPG

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eloper#?t=W10.

Quote:
Kingturn RPG Plus is an addictive turn-based fantasy strategy RPG which takes both wits and patience to be mastered.
The game combines outpost conquering with tactical combat and a complex unit skill system.
Embedded in a compelling medieval fantasy story with quirky characters, the player can delve into this old school tactics RPG for many hours.

Kingturn RPG Plus is based on the same game concept and technology as Kingturn RPG, but offers an entirely different campaign and a few new character classes.
The campaign is and extended remake of our first game title 'Sw&Ear - Tales of Andaria'.

Kingturn RPG Plus is a freemium game where the first 8 scenarios are free to play and the remaining 57 scenarios can be unlocked via a one-time in-app purchase.

Thanks to its zooming functionality the game is perfectly suited for both tablets (HD) and phones.

Tutorial
-----------
If you are new to our SRPG series, you might want to watch the video tutorial first:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=RRpli7agW4E

Story
---------
The Kingdom of Andaria is at peace since many years thanks to the moderate and thoughtful rule of King Constantin. Even peasants start participating in the country's growing prosperity as a result of the 'King's Verdict'; - a royal law that grants a small share of wealth to the common folks, too.

The story starts with the mysterious murder of King Constantin resulting in a full-scale civil war raging all over the formerly peaceful country of Andaria.

While noble families accuse each other of being responsible for the King's assassination, the fight over the succession to the crown and throne begins ...

Category
--------------
Offline Strategy RPG
Freemium game

Game play
---------------
- Many hours of addictive and challenging game play in 65 scenarios

- 34 character classes like Knight, Ranger, Amazon, Archer, Mage, Paladin, Assassin, Warrior, Wolf Rider, Priest, Witch, Necromancer, Vampire, Skeleton, Vampire Bat ...

- 62 character skills like 'Heal', 'Stealth Strike', 'Lightning Bolt', 'War Cry', 'Inferno', 'Whirlwind', 'Summon', 'Beast Shot', 'Encourage', 'Firestorm', 'Spin Attack', 'Arrow Hail', ...

- More than 700 items (weapons, armor, amulets, rings)

- Battle drops, treasure chests, and scenario rewards

- Conquer outposts and face a challenging enemy AI (Artificial Intelligence)

- Level up an army which is carried over from scenario to scenario

Youtube link | Pop Up

Formerly Sword & Earrings (SW&Ear) on iOS
02-28-2013, 11:41 PM
Friendly bump to strongly recommend the Mangobile games (Kingturn, Kingturn Plus, Kingturn Underworld) to our Android friends.

04-06-2013, 07:08 PM
These are impressions of Kingturn for iPhone due to be released this Wednesday. The thread is for Kingturn+ ...... My bad .... I will leave my impressions below anyway as they might help Android users get a flavour for the game anyway.

IMPRESSIONS OF KINGTURN (not Kingturn+)

Here are my impressions of the game after a couple of hours with it :-

I've been lucky enough to try this game and I must say it is absolutely gorgeous. It oozes quality from the beautiful little characters that make up your team, the environments, even the menus are stunning and everything is just bursting with quality and neat little touches. The gear is all beautifully drawn too. In terms of overall quality I'm reminded of the golden age of Nintendo when you fired up one of their classics you were guaranteed an amazing adventure.

I've only had chance to play the first 6 scenarios if the game but already I am getting attached to my awesome team that I've already started levelling up and equipping with the spoils of battle. The dialogue is witty and gives the incredible little sprites oodles of personality. I'm quickly getting drawn in to what I know will be an amazing, and long story. I can't begin to imagine how attached to my party I am to become in the coming hours/days/weeks of working through the enormous campaign.

If you like high quality SRPG with engaging story and characters to care about / Loot and levelling with a whole team of players to level up and equip / incredibly polished gameplay from the controls to the amazing music to the story .... ok I'm ranting !

You know when you fire up a game and everything just clicks.

I'm already addicted to equipping my players. I'm addicted to finding out where the story will go. I'm addicted to levelling my characters to increase their skills for battle.

I would happily pay 40 for a game of this quality. If you like SRPG this is a no brainer. If you don't particularly like SRPG the you need this anyway. It's that good.

I've played most notable SRPG that IOS has to offer (apart from this games predecessor's as they were withdrawn from the App Store) and even after 6 scenarios I can confidently say that is the best our platform has to offer IMO.

If you want to enjoy the story and you're not that bothered about strategy then play on default difficulty and you are in for an an entertaining ride. If you an SRPG fan and you like a challenge then crank up the difficulty and the AI is brutal.

This game is the best in its class. IMO it is / will be the best game so far this year out of all genre. There's been some great games this year so far like H&C / Block Fortress / FFV amongst others. This title takes them all IMO.

I will need to play further to see where this sits amongst the classics of the genre like FFT or Front Mission but from what I've experienced I have high hopes.

Look forward to release day SRPG fans you are in for a real treat. I shall be buying the other two games especially if there is a chance they may be removed from the store. If they are a tenth as good as this they are well worth the asking price.

I can't wait for the release on Wednesday night. I shall be staying up to get this amazing game.

(iPhone version but I though my impressions might be useful for Android users anyway )

Last edited by bigred447uk; 04-07-2013 at 03:14 AM.
04-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Well, this is sad, keep seeing people mention this in the Upcoming thread for iOS ....and somehow missed this thread that it's already out on Android!

Well, I'm going to give it a go especially since it seems so anxiously awaited on iOS.
04-07-2013, 12:39 AM
Fingers crossed we get Kingturn Plus and Underworlds on iOS.

Last edited by undeadcow; 04-07-2013 at 07:59 AM.
04-07-2013, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
For the record, Kingturn Plus has not been announced for iOS. The naming is a bit confusing but only Kingturn (which is the latest game release in Kingturn series) is coming to iOS. This thread is for Kingturn Plus (which is a remake of Sword & Earrings, the first game in the Kingturn series) versus just Kingturn (third). Hopefully soon all three Kingturn games will be on iOS (Kingturn Plus, Kingturn Underworlds, and [just] Kingturn). Definitely grab all three if you have an Android.
Oops my bad ! I shall edit my post ! Sry I'm easily confused !
06-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Kingturn RPG Plus is amazing; I'm really excited about it's upcoming iOS release. Why aren't you Android people talking about this game?