★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Sunny Tam
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 93.7 MB
  • Version: 1.1.2
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (7)
App description: Pull back the bullet curtain and experience the all new sequel to the critically acclaimed vertical shoot'em up!

Danmaku Unlimited 2 brings a modern, original take on the classic Japanese arcade genre rarely seen on mobile devices! Climb the ranks as you pilot the powerful Senko fighter to destroy legions of enemies in a hailstorm of bullets!

Continue the saga as you fight to uncover powerful relics from the old war and unravel the secrets surrounding the Valkyrias!

Available on iOS devices and PC.

REVIEWS

"Absolutely beautiful" 5/5
- AppAdvice

"Intensely beautiful" 4.5/5 Editor's choice
- 148Apps

"Gorgeous and addictive entry into the bullet-hell genre" 8/10 Silver award
- Pocket Gamer

"Danmaku Unlimited 2 is a must own"
- AppShack

"This one is just right"
- Kotaku

FEATURES

-Authentic indie J-STG style action.
-Battle countless enemies as you fight across 5 beautiful, action-packed stages
-Weave and dodge against unique, exhilarating bullet patterns in epic multi-phase boss battles.
-Level up and outfit the powerful Senko fighter to suit your personal play-style!
-Unique innovative swipe controls built for a perfect mobile shooter experience.
-Music by the talented Japanese indie group BLANKFIELD
-4 levels of difficulty
-Choose between 2 full-featured game modes
-Bonus features: Go for a challenge in the Boss Rush mode or practice your skills in the Free Play mode.
-Compete for international leader-board dominance on GameCenter
-Tons of achievements to unlock!
-Adjustable screen-size and control sensitivity
-Bluetooth arcade controller compatible
-Universal and optimized for the iPhone/iTouch 5

DEVICE REQUIREMENTS

iPhone 4, iTouch 4, iPad 2 and newer.

The game will run on the iphone 3GS, however the user will experience some slowdowns. Please try the lite version first if you are unsure if your device can run the game!

TouchArcade Bot's comments:

Lite Version: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/danmaku-unlimited-2-lite-bullet/id599801541

02-28-2013, 10:35 PM
instabuy

Anticipating:"Death Road to Canada", "Implosion", "Don Paccin","Space Noir", "Zed", "Rex Rocket", "Supermassive", "Sproggiwood", "Arecibo Man", "Gekido", "Trail by Viking, "Crashlands", "Eisenhorn", "The Soul".

02-28-2013, 10:42 PM
STORM STRIKERS 2 PLZ! ... I mean, INSTABUY!

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins
02-28-2013, 11:08 PM
Loved the first one. Hope this has retina, but who am I kidding, I'd buy it with TRS80 graphics.
02-28-2013, 11:14 PM
Loved the first one, and am super excited that this sequel is Universal!

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
02-28-2013, 11:44 PM
bought, very happy to have a universal version.

All times favorites : CAVE shooters, Space Invaders Infinity Gene, Groove Coaster, Infinity Blade 2, King of Dragon Pass, Ascension, Alien Frontier, Sorcery!, Gamebook Adventure
GameCenter: Corroyeur
02-28-2013, 11:54 PM
Damn it! No iPad retina. This could have been perfect, I'm always looking out for bullet hell games that actually have pattern fire from the enemies, I get bored of random bullet spread.

I'm sure the game is great anyway, it's just not great and beautiful.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
02-28-2013, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Damn it! No iPad retina. This could have been perfect, I'm always looking out for bullet hell games that actually have pattern fire from the enemies, I get bored of random bullet spread.

I'm sure the game is great anyway, it's just not great and beautiful.
Did you try out the lite version? I'm probably the biggest "retina whore" on TouchArcade and I can't even tell if the game's retina-enabled or not. >_> Not only does it look gorgeous, I'm almost certain the game's running at 60 FPS (on a 4th gen iPad).

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 03-01-2013 at 12:01 AM.
03-01-2013, 12:01 AM
Love the first one this sequel is cool, but i like original plane i hope you can upgrade your plane.
03-01-2013, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Did you try out the lite version? I'm probably the biggest "retina whore" on TouchArcade and I can't even tell if the game's retina-enabled or not. >_> Not only does it look gorgeous, I'm almost certain the game's running at 60 FPS.
Yeah I did, did you? I ask because it seems quite obvious to me, anything with a curved edge is blocky. Though I must admit, it's not blurry at all, so I'm guessing it's been upscaled with nearest-neighbor interpolation which is definitely the way to go. It gives games an old-school arcade effect.

It's still really pretty though, especially during gameplay. I'll probably pick it up when I'm feeling a little less guilty about spending so much on the App Store.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ