★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Quantum Collapse Lite Out

07-06-2009, 11:43 PM
Quantum Collapse Lite Out

Well, for those who wanted to check out the game but were hesitant to spend 4 dollars on the full version here's the Lite version

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=321356041&mt=8

BTW, the netcode for multiplayer is working great, as a gamer i really can't believe my eyes when i see fully featured multiplayer match on my phone It's going to be awesomee!!!!
I'm hoping to submit 1.2 with voicechat multiplayer to apple this weekend. What's totally shocking to me is that i've been working on multiplayer for only 3 days and it's almost done. The new apple 3.0 features are a real pleasure to work with.

Ohh, and this Lite version has the FOW fixes implemented. I actually improved the fog of war a little bit giving it a computer grid like appearance for the areas that are half visible.

And this Lite version also has the 3GS bug, (graphic glitches). I've fixed them but i'll submit the fix along with multiplayer in 1.2

Last edited by JavierDavalos; 07-06-2009 at 11:48 PM.
07-06-2009, 11:56 PM
Awesome. I want to try this out so bad..

Played the lite and so far it's good, I just don't know if I want to get it yet. This game is well made from an independent developer... I also like the zoom mode, especially to see the whole area. Hmm....

Top 5 Apps Dead Space. World of Goo. AC II: Discovery. Plants vs Zombies 1 and 2.

Last edited by 5duc29; 07-07-2009 at 12:59 AM.

07-08-2009, 12:02 AM
Finally finally finally

Dude I swear I've been checking for the lite version seriously, like 5 times a day for nearly 2 weeks since you mentioned it. Thanks for listening for my request. I'm so excited I'm shaking as I download it. I downloaded it on my laptop and to boot I downloaded again on my phone at the same time!

Just skeptical of many games after everyone said fieldrunners was top dog and I thought it was blown out of proportion. So if this lite version pans out I will gladly support you financially. I've told my friends a billion times a day to check out Quantum Collapse.... I'm going to save playing this later once my girlfriend leaves so I'll have the quietness of playing uninterrupted!!!

YAY! Yes, I'm a gamer... maybe thats why I'm slow to take the next step... hahaha...

Ahhh... my friend just texted me as I type this... he's downloading it right now!!!
07-08-2009, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDavalos View Post
BTW, the netcode for multiplayer is working great, as a gamer i really can't believe my eyes when i see fully featured multiplayer match on my phone It's going to be awesomee!!!!
Are you using multiple beta testers for this multiplayer release?

--------------------------------------------------------------
Touch Arcade Developer's Group Coordinator
Follow me on Twitter

Guidelines To Offering & Receiving Services
07-08-2009, 01:05 AM
Quite a treat

Hey Javier,

Good job to you and your team. I did run into a bug. At the start of the second level with walkers I could not not select anything. I could hit the "select ground" button and menu but that was all. I had to exit the app and restart it. Then it was all good.

Are the lite levels part of the full app? It says there are 13 campaign levels and just wanted to see if these count against that. I can see that I would get quite addicted to this game and will purchase it.

My only critique is that the units are too small. The buildings are perfect. But I had to squint to see what my soldiers were firing at. The aliens were small and blended (same color as the background). Could you possibly increase the size of the units.

I would also recommend and suggest music. With the option to turn it off or on for those who prefer to not have it. I need some type of background music to make it more an enjoyable experience... techno?

Thanks again... I'm trying to promote you as much as possible! Even facebook!

-Friendlie
07-08-2009, 01:07 AM
cool! everyone should try out the lite is u havent played this game. totally worth the money i spent. cant qait for multuplayer!!!!! javier rocks lol
07-08-2009, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendlie View Post
Hey Javier,

Good job to you and your team. I did run into a bug. At the start of the second level with walkers I could not not select anything. I could hit the "select ground" button and menu but that was all. I had to exit the app and restart it. Then it was all good.

-Friendlie

Yes, I had that bug too, though mine was in the full version. I had restart it as well.

10chars
07-08-2009, 11:14 AM
itunes issue

Hey Javier,

Hopefully its a morning bug with itunes... but I went there this morning to see if they posted my review and when I clicked on your app it said your app wasn't available in the US store. You should check that out.
07-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendlie View Post
Hey Javier,

Hopefully its a morning bug with itunes... but I went there this morning to see if they posted my review and when I clicked on your app it said your app wasn't available in the US store. You should check that out.
I'll check it out ty. i can't find it either.
07-08-2009, 11:58 AM
I downloaded and played through the lite version last night. Very good. I enjoyed it alot... the game has huge potential.

If only I hadn't already spent $20 in the App Store in the last week...

My only concern Javier is that I've seen you mention that you are developing another RTS. Does that mean that QC collapse is a sort of "test run" and you will discontinue support/development of it in favor of the new game?

Warp Gate is finally here...

Others currently getting play time: Strategery... the other 30 apps I own never really get played.