★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Rectools Unlimited (multitrack recorder) 39.99->Free Mar. 3

03-02-2013, 07:27 PM
Rectools Unlimited (multitrack recorder) 39.99->Free Mar. 3

I don't know how good this app is, but I figured I would give the heads up. Never been on sale before, I don't think. Supports CoreMidi iirc. Should be free at 11:00 PM.
03-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Free here now, thanks for the heads up.

03-02-2013, 09:19 PM
Guess it'll be free at the regular time tonight. Considering all this claims to be, amazing its only 0.8MB for the download.

Thanks for the heads up, will get this when it goes free tonight.
03-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Lol at the price, and the app tho.

A tip if anyone's looking for a way more capable, feature rich and cheaper multitrack daw that also works on iPhone/iPod check out Multitrack DAW instead.

Edit: Or any of the other universal DAWs that do audio recording for that matter (Beatmaker 2, Music studio etc). Not sure if those can handle multiple inputs tho.

Soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/chris1a-1
Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG

Last edited by chris1a; 03-02-2013 at 10:00 PM.
03-03-2013, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1a View Post
A tip if anyone's looking for a way more capable, feature rich and cheaper multitrack daw that also works on iPhone/iPod check out Multitrack DAW instead.
Cheaper? This is currently free, the one you recommend is $9.99.
03-03-2013, 02:24 AM
500 tracks is pretty impressive! Thanks for the heads up.

PS I actually own Multitrack DAW and I can tell you that it can only do 8 tracks by default (for the initial 10 dollar app), or 24 tracks if you throw in ANOTHER 8 bucks for IAP.. But FL Studio mobile can do unlimited track if I'm not mistaken though it isn't really suited for full audio file editing

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
03-03-2013, 02:54 AM
Good finding. Thanks!

There is a tutorial on the dev's website:
http://www.yudo.jp/en/music/rectools/howto08

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
03-03-2013, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfratBarTal View Post
500 tracks is pretty impressive! Thanks for the heads up.

PS I actually own Multitrack DAW and I can tell you that it can only do 8 tracks by default (for the initial 10 dollar app), or 24 tracks if you throw in ANOTHER 8 bucks for IAP.. But FL Studio mobile can do unlimited track if I'm not mistaken though it isn't really suited for full audio file editing
A lot of apps are like that unfortunately...even not-so-cheap ones.

Nano Studio, for example, lets you edit/record 8 tracks with 16 being an iap option. Fl Studio has interested me in the past, but it isn't the most popular desktop DAW so I doubt I'll bite.

This app looks like it's specifically for multitrack live recording; or at least that's the main purpose, given the screenshots w/ peripherals. I think you would import what you record on this app into some of the apps mentioned, like Beatmaker or FL mobile.

The best DAW looks to be Auria though. i have to admit I haven't tried it though, and someone here (failing memory again) said they spent 200 bucks in iaps...which makes me wonder what you get for the 30-50 bucks it costs.
03-03-2013, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
A lot of apps are like that unfortunately...even not-so-cheap ones.

Nano Studio, for example, lets you edit/record 8 tracks with 16 being an iap option. Fl Studio has interested me in the past, but it isn't the most popular desktop DAW so I doubt I'll bite.

This app looks like it's specifically for multitrack live recording; or at least that's the main purpose, given the screenshots w/ peripherals. I think you would import what you record on this app into some of the apps mentioned, like Beatmaker or FL mobile.

The best DAW looks to be Auria though. i have to admit I haven't tried it though, and someone here (failing memory again) said they spent 200 bucks in iaps...which makes me wonder what you get for the 30-50 bucks it costs.
Yeah, saw Auria in action and it is impressive, too bad there's no iPhone version for the iPadless

I know about NanoStudio, I own it and bought the extra tracks IAP. Bought FL Studio, and ALL of its IAPs too. Own BM2 as well. But there's just something about the IAP in Multitrack DAW that upsets me, because MDAW is not like Nano, FL, or BM2.. MDAW is focused entirely on audio tracks recording and only capable of doing those and as such, I would have expected it to maybe be a little cheaper, or have more tracks with the initial purchase. Dunno, just my opinion.

Anyway, back to topic.. I like Rectools. It's not as powerful or feature rich like MDAW, but having virtually unlimited tracks makes it extremely useful tool. I like the interface and obviously that it is less than 1 megabyte in size. What a treasure it is as free!

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
03-03-2013, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
That was me. You do get the works for the initial 50 bucks. PSPaudioware channel strips with their gate/expander, Compressor, Limiter and multi band EQ. Sub channels and master got PSPs busspressor unit also. As inserts you get PSPaudioware chorus unit and delay unit. A classic reverb unit and a convolution reverb unit from Wavemachine labs. And a retune/pitch shifter from some other company. And a brickwall limiter to top it of. So basically everything you need is there (and its PSP which = awesome quality/sound).

But the thing is Auria is completely open for third party plugin companies, so they can convert their VST plugs and sell them in Auria, just like in any other computer daw (pro tools, Cubase and so on). And Wavemachine Labs, the Auria devs, don't take any money from any of all those third party IAPs.

200 bucks seems like much, but get the same exact plugins on PC/MAC and you would have to add another 0 to that price (FabFilter plugs, PSP plugs and so on).

Soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/chris1a-1
Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG

Last edited by chris1a; 03-03-2013 at 10:47 AM.