★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Mighty Dungeons for Android Mobile & Tablet

03-03-2013, 02:28 AM
Mighty Dungeons for Android Mobile & Tablet

Hi Guys,

I just published my game on Google Play:

Fan-made dungeon crawler crossover between old-school boardgames like Heroquest, Warhammer Quests and good oldies like Diablo I and DungeonMaster. If you like the game, PM me and I'll send you a code to unlock extra gold coins for the game (the game has no IAP, the extra gold will simply gives you a jumpstart .

Free Demo version is also available there: http://www.mighty-dungeons.com.

✮ Available in English and in French

✮ Looks great on your mobile and purely awesome on your tablet

✮ Wander evil-packed dungeons and battle golems, demons and other soul-less creatures with dozen of hours of gameplay through 3 campaigns, 6 heroes, a plethora of weapons, armors, potions and magic spells at your disposal

✮ Use your headphones for pure immersion

✮ Loyal to its boardgame roots, the game engine is extensible so visit mighty-dungeons.com now to make this game your own: submit your quests, creatures and completely new game boards and enjoy the regular updates of content from your peers and the community. You can even get your own characters drawn and integrated into the game.

✮ Share with your friends and spread the word. The bigger the community, the more content we will all enjoy.

Check out the website for more information:
http://www.mighty-dungeons.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dungeon_full.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	368.5 KB
ID:	54381   Click image for larger version

Name:	fighty_spider.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	358.1 KB
ID:	54382   Click image for larger version

Name:	hero_select.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	317.4 KB
ID:	54383  

Name:	inventory_spells.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	343.7 KB
ID:	54384   Click image for larger version

Name:	inspect_chest.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	340.9 KB
ID:	54385   Click image for larger version

Name:	shop_potions.jpg
Size:	308.1 KB
ID:	54386  

Name:	village.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	384.0 KB
ID:	54387   Click image for larger version

Name:	select_campaign.jpg
Size:	342.0 KB
ID:	54388  

Last edited by laylio; 03-04-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Added link to demo version
03-03-2013, 05:30 AM
This looks like just the sort of thing I've been wanting on my tablets. Nice work. I'll definitely check it out.

03-03-2013, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcamp View Post
This looks like just the sort of thing I've been wanting on my tablets. Nice work. I'll definitely check it out.
Thanks for your comment, let me know what you think
03-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Mighty Dungeons looks great... any chance for an iOS port? . I see there is an "iOS/Android" gameplay trailer in the website.

By the way; that's a very cool promotion to allow users to design a character for $50 on the website.

How does "in-game currency" work?

Last edited by undeadcow; 03-03-2013 at 08:53 AM.
03-03-2013, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Mighty Dungeons looks great... any chance for an iOS port? . I see there is an "iOS/Android" gameplay trailer in the website.

By the way; that's a very cool promotion to allow users to design a character for $50 on the website.

How does "in-game currency" work?
Hi UndeadCow. The iOS version is on the way. I'm trying to fix some speed issues (who would have thought the game would be slower on my 4S...).

Custom characters: yep, it got very popular when i was crowdfunding the game, 50% of the backers requested a custom character so i figured I would put this on the website as well.

"in-game currency" : so far only gold. No real-life $ currency conversion.
03-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Good news; I made an iOS upcoming thread here for what it's worth:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2706361
03-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Good news; I made an iOS upcoming thread here for what it's worth:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2706361
Hey cool!! Thanks for that ! I'll try to release the iOS version asap.
03-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Picked this up. Really like it. Love how fast it plays compared to other roguelike/dungeon crawlers. One question. I've only played through 2 dungeons, but do you ever level up or increase your skill points?

I ask because I started with the Barbarian and I know that spells would not be his strength but I found a spell and bought another. Both say I need to have two mind points. Will it ever be possible to gain those as a Barbarian? Some games allow all classes to learn or assign points to allow you to learn spells. Is that not the case here?
03-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Picked this up. Really like it. Love how fast it plays compared to other roguelike/dungeon crawlers. One question. I've only played through 2 dungeons, but do you ever level up or increase your skill points?

I ask because I started with the Barbarian and I know that spells would not be his strength but I found a spell and bought another. Both say I need to have two mind points. Will it ever be possible to gain those as a Barbarian? Some games allow all classes to learn or assign points to allow you to learn spells. Is that not the case here?
Hey, glad you like the game! It's indeed been designed for short quests (7-10min) playable during a train/bus ride But all quests put together can last for 4hours per hero. Each hero representing a different way of playin the game in terms of difficulty and balancing your equipment.

There is no concept of XP or levelling up per se, but you can increase the mind points by drinking a potion of intelligence from the store.

I also encourage you to read through the credits page in the settings it may help
03-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laylio View Post
Hi UndeadCow. The iOS version is on the way. I'm trying to fix some speed issues (who would have thought the game would be slower on my 4S...).

Custom characters: yep, it got very popular when i was crowdfunding the game, 50% of the backers requested a custom character so i figured I would put this on the website as well.

"in-game currency" : so far only gold. No real-life $ currency conversion.
You might wanna make that clear. I was going to get this until I thought you were following an IAP model. Now that I know you're not I'm headed over to pick it up right now