★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Aurora Feint II Worth It?

12-04-2008, 11:04 PM
Aurora Feint II Worth It?

Of course, I have the first Aurora Feint. Is the second one 2.0 or is it more like 1.5 of the first one. In other words, is it worth it. Comment on diff. features.
12-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah21c View Post
Of course, I have the first Aurora Feint. Is the second one 2.0 or is it more like 1.5 of the first one. In other words, is it worth it. Comment on diff. features.
It's only worth it if you really want to support the developer. I haven't played it in a couple weeks (I've been busy with other games like BIA, BoD2, Quadrum:Colors, Fuzzle, Galcon), but I think it has better graphics now. It also has a chat box and online play, so that's great.

Personally, I don't think it's worth $8. I think it's worth $4-6. BUT, since I love the first one, and it was free, I felt the least I could do for the devs is support them. So, I considered it $4 on each version of the game. I felt that was pretty fair.

It really depends on how you feel about the game.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge

12-04-2008, 11:19 PM
Yea, Im kinda holding off on it until the price drops.
How is Galacon?
12-04-2008, 11:40 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah21c View Post
Yea, Im kinda holding off on it until the price drops.
How is Galacon?
The price is actually going up to $10 after December.

Galcon is OK. Personally, I think the lite version is good enough for being free (although I did buy the full version). I'd definitely recommend AFII over Galcon.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-05-2008, 12:01 AM
Wow! I thought the price would go down. Anyways, I enjoy the lite version too and I have the ipod touch, so I dont think the full version is worth it if Ill only be able to play multiplayer at my house.
12-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Send a message via AIM to Herp
Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post

Galcon is OK. Personally, I think the lite version is good enough for being free (although I did buy the full version). I'd definitely recommend AFII over Galcon.
The price is going up? I don't remember reading that anywhere.....

I found AF boring and repetitive.. You mine the "element" things... Use them to buy more abilities... Complete a puzzle to get the ability.... Go back to mining.. The whole time I was hoping it broke off into some sort of story...
12-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Quote:
It's only worth it if you really want to support the developer. I haven't played it in a couple weeks (I've been busy with other games like BIA, BoD2, Quadrum:Colors, Fuzzle, Galcon), but I think it has better graphics now. It also has a chat box and online play, so that's great.

Personally, I don't think it's worth $8. I think it's worth $4-6. BUT, since I love the first one, and it was free, I felt the least I could do for the devs is support them. So, I considered it $4 on each version of the game. I felt that was pretty fair.

It really depends on how you feel about the game.
I completely agree.
Bottom line: If you want to support the devs and online play plus you have 8 bucks to spare get it otherwise stay the hell away from it till they drop the price and update it (the first update solved some of the problems but not all).
12-05-2008, 11:50 AM
I think the original AF did more damage than good to this game's appeal, IMO.

I liked the game originally, and had almost maxed my character, when it was wiped by an update (note: quite possibly an Apple bug). So, back to the start, levelling up and up. Then it happened again, except this time they changed the gameplay making it far, far more difficult and slow to level up. So not only did I have to play through a (quite repetitive) game 3 times to get back to where I was, but now do so at a crawl.

It was fine, but the gameplay changes made it more tedious than fun. If you'd asked me a few months ago I'd have bought AF II in a heartbeat, now not a chance.
12-05-2008, 11:53 AM
I cant see 5 ever being justifiable for a Match 3 puzzler with little variation to it's gameplay. Sorry devs but it just isn't worth it :P
12-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Haha good luck pulling this one off when Puzzle Quest has been released.