★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Announcement: free SORTY is OUT NOW

07-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Announcement: free SORTY is OUT NOW

Hello to everyone!

our new game is now availabel for free (short time). So please feel free to play and feedback it. We would love to hear what you think about and how your fingertips feel;-)

btw.: This is the first time we integrated scoreloop (a module can be used for challenges and global highscores).

best

Steffen

Sorty - LET YOUR FINGERTIP GLOW…

… and drag all the colored balls over the bar of the same color – getting rid of them and providing more space for new balls. To get more points, easily connect neighboring balls of the same color by dragging over them. Following the principle of “endless gaming”, the challenge always gets bigger, because new balls come in faster....

PREPARE YOURSELF FOR COMPETITION AND CHALLENGE YOUR FRIENDS (scoreloop)!

You can play Sorty against other fast fingered buddies and those aspiring to that. Using your social network (e.g. Facebook) or email contacts you are able to contact friends and invite them to challenge you in playing Sorty. This is handled by the integrated scoreloop module. Scoreloop also saves your best scores into a global highscore list where you can compare your skills with other players all over the world!

FEATURES

- really intuitive gameplay using the touch screen for input
- extreme action-driven fun-to-play game
- two difficulty modes
- special balls, which double earned points temporarily
- bombs, which clear the playing field
- dynamic increase of difficulty during gameplay
- highscore list
- tutorial
- global highscore list (scoreloop)
- challenge other gamers or friends (scoreloop)

FREE!!!

Rub yourself hot for free! Sorty is free of charge for a short period.

iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=320977881&mt=8

sortyblog: http://sorty.syncrageblog.com

youtube:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Prab; 07-07-2009 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Added youtube video
07-07-2009, 11:14 AM
pretty awesome looking free app

07-07-2009, 11:22 AM
nice 1 dl now
07-07-2009, 11:49 AM
Good fun and by the same folk behind Taxi Drive (also good stuff):

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=15381

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Rub yourself hot for free!
Sounds kinky!

Downloading now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
07-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Sounds kinky!

Downloading now...
Yeah, but if you've played Taxi Drive, you'd KNOW these devs' minds are in the gutter.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-07-2009, 11:48 PM
Alright I've had a bit to play this game and it's pretty fun. Your goal is to gather like colored balls by successively touching them and then sorting them to their identical color bar on the side. You can only sort balls that are touching horizontally or vertically. There are also bomb and score powerups that you can utilize.

Pros:
-easy to play, pick up type game
-fun casual music
-powerups
-global/local leaderboards
-you can challenge your friends

Cons:
-when the music loops, it hits this "hitch", the looping needs to be tweaked
-the balls can be really resistant to grabbing, several times I swiped over a bunch of balls and dragged them to the side of the screen to find I'd only actually moved some of them; other times I'd spend seconds scrubbing over the same set of balls trying to pick them up and they just would not be picked up
-it is difficult to tell when the balls have been picked up at times, they need to change more visually or something
-the graphics could be crisper and "gemmier", the balls look fuzzy to me and I think it would be a lot more visually appealing if they looked glassier? If they looked like the above picture I would have zero complaints, but it just doesn't.
-when I exited out of ScoreLoop, one of the menu buttons had a bunch of off colored pixels on it...I thought something was on my screen, but no, for some reason the button was not being rendered correctly (took a screenshot if devs would like to see it)

Recommendations:
-fix ball pickup since this is the heart of your game, it just seemed difficult to pick balls up and tell if I had them picked up...maybe have picked up balls appear to glow in their respective colors
-take a look at tweaking music looping and graphics

3/5 for me

This game has a good solid foundation, but needs some work to make the mechanics polished. I felt like I was fighting the interface in order to make scores.